10/28/2021

I keep reminding you(耳提面命)

I keep reminding you(耳提面命)

 

(The Book of Songs) is the earliest compilation of poems in China.

There are 305 poems in this book.

These poems were written over 500 years, from the 11th century BC to the 6th century BC.

 

The content of these poems is mainly divided into three categories.

 

The first category is folk poems from all over China at that time

The second category is the poetry of the Zhou Dynasty that ruled China at that time.

The third category is the poems used by the royal family and nobles in the Zhou Dynasty when they held important ceremonies.

 

There is an exhortation poem written to the king.

 

There is a paragraph in this poem as follows

 

You are still young, and you can't tell the difference between the good and the bad.

I often hold your hand, and I teach you the correct way to behave and do things.

 

When you make a mistake, I will tell you in person.

In order to prevent you from making mistakes, I will keep reminding you in your ears.

 

I often feel that you are still young and should give you more opportunities.

But you are actually not young anymore.

Although you are much younger than me, you are already the father of a child.

 

We should not waste our time.

There are too many young and smart people who have nothing to do when they are old because they waste their time.

 

I am older than you and I have experienced many hardships in life.

I see your sloppy attitude, and I can't help but feel anxious for you.

 

I have made many mistakes so I will keep reminding you.

But you always despise my advice, and you always find my words bore you.

 

I really want to tell you that time flies quickly. Your time now is very precious. If you don't cherish it, you will soon be as old as me.

 

This idiom is used to describe sincerely teaching and admonishing someone.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Do you feel this way when you see your child? Have you tried different ways to communicate with your child or have you insisted on using only the same way?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.


                                                           

                                                             此圖片來自百度百科


耳提面命(I keep reminding you)

 

(詩經)是中國最早的詩歌合輯。

這本書中有305首詩。

這些詩寫的時間橫跨500年,從西元前11世紀到西元前6世紀。

 

這些詩的內容主要分為三類。

 

第一類是當時中國各地的民間詩歌

第二類是當時統治中國的周王朝的詩歌。

第三類是周王朝中的王室與貴族舉辦重要典禮時用的詩歌。

 

裡面有一首是寫給國王的勸戒詩。

 

這首詩中有一段如下

 

你還年輕,一件事情的好與壞你目前尚無法清楚的分辨。

我常常拉著你的手,我教導你正確的做人做事的方法。

 

當你犯了錯,我會當面地告訴你。

我為了避免你犯錯,我會不停的在你耳邊叮嚀你。

 

我時常覺得你還年輕,應該多給你機會。

但是你其實已經不年輕了。

你雖然年紀比我小很多,但是你也已經是一個小孩的父親了啊。

 

我們不應該浪費自已的時間。

有太多年輕又聰明的人,這些人因為虛度時光所以他們年老時沒有任何成就。

 

我的年紀比你大我經歷了許多生活的艱難。

我看到你的態度散漫,我忍不住為你感到憂慮。

 

我犯過許多的錯所以我才會不斷地提醒你。

但是你總是藐視我的勸戒,你總是覺得我的話使你感到厭煩。

 

我很想告訴你,時間過得很快阿,你現在的時間非常的寶貴,如果你沒有珍惜,你很快就會跟我一樣蒼老了阿。

 

這句成語是形容對某個人懇切地教誨與叮嚀。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

當你看到自已的孩子時,你是否也有這種感受呢?你有嘗試過用各種不同的方式去與你的孩子溝通還是你堅持只用同一種方式呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為詩經-大雅-

https://baike.baidu.hk/item/%E5%A4%A7%E9%9B%85%C2%B7%E6%8A%91/2642427

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...