11/30/2021

Compared to you, I am really a loser.(相形見拙)

 Compared to you, I am really a loser.(相形見拙)

 

There was a famous novelist in the Qing Dynasty of China. His name is (Wu Jianren).

 

He wrote a novel depicting the social phenomena of the time.

 

There is a story in this book as follows.

 

There is an official named (Cai Bofen).

 

His wife is a nobleman, and he got an official position by donating money. .

 

His most important work every day is to chat and eat. His personality is very impetuous and his cultivation is not good.

But he thought he was great. He feels that his work ability is very good.

 

He was assigned to be a small official in a province.

He works in this place, but his heart is very unbalanced.

 

He thought to himself.

In this unit, my position is the smallest.

Everyone in this unit has a higher position than me, wears better clothes than me, and earns more money than me.

 

Every official of the Qing Dynasty wears different jewelry according to the size of his position.

Some of my officers wear rubies and some wear sapphires.

Only I wear crystals.

When I saw the jewels they were wearing, I felt that I was a loser.

 

Every time I talk to them, they don't respect my opinion.

When I ate with them, I felt left out.

 

They have been giving me orders.

 

This job is so bad that I can't do it anymore.

I must find a way to leave my current position.

 

This idiom means that when a person compares with others, he feels that he is a loser.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Do you feel bad because you have less income than your neighbors? If you were him, would you complain about the current situation or strengthen your ability to work?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.




                                                                此圖片來自百度百科


相形見拙(Compared to you, I am really a loser.)

 

中國的清王朝,有一個著名的小說家。他的名字叫做(吳趼人)

 

他寫了一本小說描繪當時的社會現象。

 

這本書中有一段故事如下。

 

有一個官員名字叫做(蔡伯芬)

 

他的妻子是一個貴族,他靠著捐款得到一個官員的職位。。

 

他每天最重要的工作就是聊天與吃飯,他的個性很浮躁,他的修養不好。

但是他覺得自已很了不起。他覺得自已的工作能力很好。

 

他被派任到一個省裡面當一個小小的官員。

他在這個地方工作,但是他的心裡很不平衡。

 

他心裡想。

在這個單位裡面,我的職位是最小的。

這個單位裡面的每個人的職位都比我高,穿的衣服都比我棒,領的錢也都比我多。

 

清王朝的每個官員都會依照個人職位大小配戴不同的珠寶。

我的長官們有些配戴紅寶石,有些配戴藍寶石。

只有我配戴水晶。

我看到他們配戴的珠寶我就覺得我自已是一個失敗者。

 

我每次跟他們對話的時候,他們都不尊重我的意見。

我與他們一起吃飯的時候,我覺得被冷落。

 

他們都一直對我發號命令。

 

這個工作實在太差了,我幹不下去了。

我一定要想辦法離開現在的崗位。

 

這句成語的意思是指一個人與其他人相互比較之下,這個人覺得自已是個失敗者。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你會因為自己的收入比你的鄰居少就覺得自已很差勁嗎?你如果是他你會埋怨現況還是加強本身的工作能力呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為清-吳趼人-二十年目睹之怪現狀-90回。

https://ctext.org/wiki.pl?if=gb&chapter=248149

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...