11/19/2021

He will blame fate and others when he is unsatisfactory(怨天尤人)

 

He will blame fate and others when he is unsatisfactory(怨天尤人)

 

In the famous book (The Analects of Confucius), a story is recorded.

 

Confucius is having a conversation with his student, whose name is (Zigong).

 

Zi Gong asked.

I want to be understood and recognized by others. Do you have this desire too.

 

Confucius said.

I don't have this desire.

 

Zi Gong asked.

How did you do it.

 

Confucius said.

I think it is more important to be a person who knows oneself better and one who identifies with oneself more than eager to be understood and recognized by others.

 

Zi Gong asked.

What is your specific approach.

 

Confucius said.

I accept anything I have encountered, no matter good or bad, I will not complain about my bad destiny. Because I think I can use these things to understand myself better.

 

I accept any behavior of anyone I meet, good or bad, I will not blame these people. Because I think I can use these people to understand myself better.

 

I get experience from encountering everything and everyone in my daily life. I use these experiences to learn and reflect on myself to make my moral level higher.

 

 

The meaning of this idiom is to describe a person who will blame fate and others when he encounters unsatisfactory things.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Do you desire to be understood by others? Do you understand and recognize yourself?

I hope this story will give you some new gains

 



                                                      此圖片來自百度百科



怨天尤人(He will blame fate and others when he is unsatisfactory)

 

著名的(孔夫子論語)這一本書中,記載了一個故事。

 

孔子與他的學生正在對談,這個學生的名字叫做(子貢)

 

子貢問。

我想要被別人了解被別人認同。你也會有這種渴望嗎。

 

孔子說。

我沒有這種渴望。

 

子貢問。

你是如何做到的呢。

 

孔子說。

我認為成為一個更加了解自己的人與更認同自已的人,比渴望被別人了解與認同更重要。

 

子貢問。

你具體的做法為何呢。

 

孔子說。

我接受我所遭遇的任何事情,不論好壞,我都不會埋怨自己的命運不好。因為我認為我可以藉由這些事去更加了解我自己。

 

我接受我所遇見的任何人的任何行為,不論好壞,我都不會責怪這些人。因為我認為我可以藉由這些人去更加了解我自已。

 

我從日常生活中的遇見每一件事情與每一個人去得到經驗,我藉由這些經驗去學習並且反省自己讓自已的道德水平變得更高。

 

 

這句成語的意思是形容一個人遭遇不如意時會責怪命運與他人。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你渴望被別人了解嗎?你了解自已與認可自己嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫

 

出處為論語-憲問篇-35

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_32.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...