11/05/2021

Why this night is so long(夜長夢多)

 Why this night is so long(夜長夢多)

 

There was a poet in the Song Dynasty, his name was (Wang Ling).

 

His fate was very miserable and he was poor all his life.

 

He was orphaned at the age of 5 and adopted by distant relatives.

He started living independently at the age of 17.

He was married at 26, but he died at 28.

 

He wrote a poem to his good friend named (Wang Zhengshu).

 

This idiom comes from this poem he wrote

 

Why is this night so long?

I have had several dreams and have been awakened several times, but why hasn't it been dawn yet?

 

As soon as I closed my eyes, it was like returning to my hometown, the hometown I missed so much.

 

This year has passed again, but I still haven't achieved anything.

 

I struggled hard in this foreign land and my sorrow increased day by day.

 

I feel very sad.

Why is there not a home in this broad world, a home where I can live safely.

 

No one can understand the sadness in my heart.

 

On such a long night, I think of you, my good friend.

 

You are about the same age as me. We are both in poverty and our lives are not going well. How similar is our situation.

 

I think only you can understand me, I need to vent my feelings, so I write this poem to you.

 

 

This idiom means that a person has several dreams in a night.

It is now used by extension to remind people that one thing should be done as soon as possible, so as not to make the result bad because of delay.

 

Dear friend, how do you feel or think after hearing this story.

Compared with him, do you think your life is miserable or lucky? When you are depressed, which friend of yours will you think of?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 



                                                           此圖片來自百度百科


夜長夢多(Why this night is so long)

 

宋王朝有一位詩人,他的名字叫做(王令)

 

他的命運十分的悲慘而且他一生都很貧困。

 

5歲時成了孤兒後被遠親收養。

17歲開始獨立生活。

26歲結婚,但他28歲就死了。

 

他寫過一首詩給他的一個名字叫做(王正叔)的的好朋友。

 

這句成語就是出自他寫的這一首詩

 

這個夜晚為何特別的長。

我做了好幾個夢並且已經從夢中驚醒好幾次,但為何尚未天亮。

 

我一閉上眼睛就好像回到我的故鄉,那個我非常思念的故鄉。

 

今年已經又將過了,但我仍舊沒有任何成就。

 

我在這個異鄉辛苦的奮鬥而我的哀愁也一天一天的增加。

 

我感覺很悲傷。

為何這個寬廣的世界竟然沒有一個屬於我的家,一個可以讓我安然居住的家。

 

我心中的哀傷沒有人可以體會。

 

在這個如此漫長的夜晚,我想起了你,我的好友。

 

你跟我年紀差不多,我們兩個人一樣的貧困而且我們兩個人的人生都不順利。我們兩個人的處境何其相似啊。

 

我想只有你可以理解我,我需要發洩我的心情,所以我寫這首詩給你。

 

 

這句成語的意思是一個人在一個夜裡做了好幾個夢。

現在被引申使用,提醒人們一件事情應該盡快完成,以免因為拖延而使結果變得不好。

 

親愛的朋友你聽完這個故事有怎樣的感受或有怎樣的想法呢。

你與他相比你覺得自已的人生悲慘還是幸運呢?你沮喪的時候,你會想到你的那一個朋友呢?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為宋-王令-客次寄王正叔

https://www.easyatm.com.tw/wiki/%E3%80%8A%E5%AE%A2%E6%AC%A1%E5%AF%84%E7%8E%8B%E6%AD%A3%E5%8F%94%E3%80%8B

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...