11/30/2021

Your tongue is still there but teeth are all lost(舌存齒亡)

Your tongue is still there but teeth are all lost(舌存齒亡)

 

(Li Er) is one of the most famous thinkers and philosophers in China. Later generations respected him as Lao Tzu.

He wrote a book, which is the famous Tao Te Ching.

 

But who is his teacher? His teacher's name is (Chang Cong).

 

His teacher told him before his death.

My life is about to end, I am about to die, I have a few words to tell you before I die.

 

He nodded and said.

Teacher, please tell me. What do you want to say to us students.

 

Said his teacher.

You have to remember those who are good to you, and you have to respect those who are older than you.

There is also the most important point.

 

His teacher suddenly opened his mouth and asked him.

What do you see in my mouth.

 

He replied.

I see your tongue.

 

The teacher continued to ask.

Do you see my teeth.

 

He replied.

I didn't see the teeth, you are too old, your teeth are all out.

 

Teacher says.

That's right, in our body, the hardest part is our teeth, and the softest part is our tongue. .

 

The last thing I want to say to you is that we have to stay soft, because soft is stronger than hard. Soft is more powerful than hard.

 

These are the last things I want to tell you. You must keep it in mind.

 

This idiom is used to remind us that softness is stronger and more powerful than hardness.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

What do you remember most about your teacher's teaching? If you are going to pass away today, what would you like to say to the one you love?

I hope this story will give you some new gains

 



                                                             此圖片來自維基百科


舌存齒亡(Your tongue is still there but teeth are all lost)

 

(李耳)是中國最著名的思想家與哲學家之一。後人尊稱他為老子。

他寫了一本書,這本書就是著名的道德經。

 

但是他的老師是誰呢?他的老師名字叫做(常樅)

 

他的老師臨終前對他說。

我的人生就要結束了,我就要死了,在我死前我有幾句話想告訴你。

 

他點頭說。

老師,您請說。你想對我們這些學生說什麼呢。

 

他的老師說。

你要記得那些對你好的人,你要尊敬那些比你年長的人。

另外還有最重要的一點是。

 

他的老師這時候突然張開嘴巴問他。

你從我的嘴巴中看到了甚麼。

 

他回答。

我看到您的舌頭。

 

老師繼續問。

你有看見我的牙齒嗎。

 

他回答。

我沒有看見牙齒,你太老了,你的牙齒都掉光了。

 

老師說。

這就對了,我們的身體中,最堅硬的部位就是我們的牙齒,最柔軟的部位就是我們的舌頭。。

 

我要對你說的最後一個道理就是我們要保持柔軟,因為柔軟比堅硬更強大。柔軟比堅硬更有力量。

 

這些是我最後想告訴你的幾件事。你必須謹記在心。

 

這句成語被用來提醒我們柔軟比堅硬更強大更有力量。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你記憶最深刻的有關你的老師的教導是什麼呢?你如果今天就要過世了,你想對你愛的人說什麼話。

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫

 

典故出處為漢-劉向-說苑-敬慎

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_10757.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...