12/04/2021

He uses cleverness and wisdom to protect his body from harm.(明哲保身)/ Never slack from morning till night(夙夜匪懈)

 

He uses cleverness and wisdom to protect his body from harm.(明哲保身)

Never slack from morning till night(夙夜匪懈)

 

(The Book of Songs) is the earliest compilation of poems in China.

There are 305 poems in this book.

These poems were written over 500 years, from the 11th century BC to the 6th century BC.

 

The content of these poems is mainly divided into three categories.

 

The first category is folk poems from all over China at that time

The second category is the poetry of the Zhou Dynasty that ruled China at that time.

The third category is the poems used by the royal family and nobles in the Zhou Dynasty.

 

At that time, the Zhou Dynasty had a very important minister, his name was (Zhong Shanfu).

The king of the Zhou Dynasty sent him to perform a very important task.

 

The task is to create a city-state. He has a good friend who wrote a poem to praise and encourage him.

There is a paragraph in this poem as follows

 

King Zhou said to Zhong Shanfu,

You are a model for all princes. You inherited the glory of your family, you are the person I depend on most.

I believe that you will faithfully convey my ideas. You are my spokesperson. You can tell everyone about the rules and systems I have set.

 

 

You answer the king.

I will take your orders and the tasks you give me seriously. I understand your philosophy of governing the country very well, and I will implement it with certainty.

 

I will use intelligence and wisdom to complete this important task just like taking care of my body. I will work diligently from day to night, and I will not slacken off. I swear I will always be loyal to you alone.

 

There are two idioms in it.

The first idiom means to describe a person using cleverness and wisdom to protect his body from harm.

 

The second idiom means to describe a person who is not slacking off from morning till night.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts did you have after hearing this story.

Are you proud of your family, do you know your family history? Do you think health is more important or money is more important?

I hope this story will give you some new gains.

 


                                                          此圖片來自百度百科



明哲保身(He uses cleverness and wisdom to protect his body from harm.)

夙夜匪懈(Never slack from morning till night)

 

(詩經)是中國最早的詩歌合輯。

這本書中有305首詩。

這些詩寫的時間橫跨500年,從西元前11世紀到西元前6世紀。

 

這些詩的內容主要分為三類。

 

第一類是當時中國各地的民間詩歌

第二類是當時統治中國的周王朝的詩歌。

第三類是周王朝中的王室與貴族祭祀用的詩歌。

 

當時周王朝有一個很重要的大臣,他的名字叫做(仲山甫)

周王朝的國王派遣他去執行一項很重要的任務。

 

這個任務是創建一座城邦。他有一個好朋友寫了一首詩讚美並且鼓勵他。

這首詩中有一段如下

 

周王對仲山甫說,

你是所有諸侯的典範。你繼承了你們家族的光榮,你是我最倚賴的人。

我相信你會忠實傳達我的理念,你就是我的代言人,你能夠告訴所有人我所訂定的規定與制度。

 

 

你回答國王。

我會嚴肅看待你的命令與你給我的任務。我非常了解你的治國理念,我會確實地去執行。

 

我會像保養自己的身體一樣,用聰明加上智慧去完成這個重要的任務,我會從白天到晚上都勤奮的工作,我不會懈怠。我發誓永遠只對你一個人忠誠。

 

這裡面有兩句成語。

第一句成語的意思是形容一個人用聰明與智慧去讓自已的身體不受害。

 

第二句成語的意思是形容一個人從早到晚都不懈怠。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你以你的家族為榮、你了解你的家族歷史嗎?你認為健康比較重要或是金錢比較重要呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為詩經-大雅-烝民

https://ctext.org/book-of-poetry/zheng-min/zh

 

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...