2/20/2022

Sighing with worry from morning till night(夙夜憂嘆) / Distinguish and measure the good and the bad of a thing(斟酌損益)

 

Sighing with worry from morning till night(夙夜憂嘆)

Distinguish and measure the good and the bad of a thing(斟酌損益)

 

During China's Three Kingdoms period, China had three main kingdoms. Wei Kingdom, Wu Kingdom and Shuhan Kingdom.

The name of the king of Shuhan Kingdom is (Liu Bei).

After his death his throne was succeeded by his 16-year-old son (Liu Chan).

 

Because (Liu Chan) was too young, the person who really held the national power at that time was the prime minister of the Kingdom of Shu, whose name was (Zhuge Liang).

Four years after (Liu Bei) died, (Zhuge Liang) was ready to send troops to fight, and before he set off, he wrote a letter to (Liu Chan).

 

Part of the letter reads as follows.

 

Your father's ideal during his lifetime was to unify the whole of China. Before he died, he entrusted this ideal to me. He trusted my ability and thought that I could complete this difficult task in his place.

 

From that day on, I sighed with sorrow every morning and evening, because this goal was too difficult, and I was very worried that I would not be able to accomplish this task.

 

In the years after your father's death, I have strengthened the training of the army and prepared enough rations.

I led the army to expand the territory of our kingdom of Shuhan to the south.

 

I think we are well prepared and we should declare war on Wei Kingdom and Wu Kingdom.

 

My talents are mediocre, but I am confident that I can defeat evil and violent enemies. I believe we can conquer these two kingdoms and unify the whole of China.

It's a tough job, but it's what I should do and what I have to do.

 

You have to improve yourself, I will not be able to assist you for a while, but I have arranged several loyal ministers Guo Youzhi, Fei Yi, and Dong Yun to assist you. I believe that you will be able to manage our kingdom well, you must be able to clearly distinguish the good from the bad, you can make appropriate judgments and countermeasures, and our kingdom will definitely become more prosperous day by day.

 

There are two sentences in this paragraph.

 

The first idiom means that a person sighs with worry from morning till night.

The meaning of the second idiom is to be able to distinguish and measure the good and the bad of a thing.

 

Dear friends, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

What do you think is your important responsibility in life? Have you ever worried about something for a long time?

I hope this story will give you something new to gain.

 



                                                         此圖片來自百度百科



夙夜憂嘆(Sighing with worry from morning till night)

斟酌損益(Distinguish and measure the good and the bad of a thing)

 

中國的三國時代,中國有三個主要的王國。魏王國、吳王國與蜀漢王國。

蜀漢王國的國王名字叫做(劉備)

他死後他的王位由他16歲的兒子(劉禪)繼承

 

由於(劉禪)太年輕,所以當時真正掌握全國權力的人是蜀王國的宰相,宰相的名字是(諸葛亮)

(劉備)死後四年,(諸葛亮)準備出兵打仗,在出發前,他寫了一封信給(劉禪)

 

這封信的部分內容如下。

 

你的父親生前的理想,就是要統一整個中國,他臨終前把這個理想託付給我,他信任我的能力,他認為我可以代替他完成這個艱難的任務。

 

從那一天起,我每天早晚都早晚憂愁嘆息,因為這個目標實在太困難,我很擔心我沒有辦法完成這個任務。

 

你父親死後這幾年,我加強軍隊的訓練與準備足夠的軍糧。

我率領軍隊向南方拓展了我們蜀漢王國的領土。

 

我認為我們已經準備充足,我們應該正面向魏王國與吳王國宣戰。

 

我的才能雖然平庸,但我有信心可以戰勝邪惡與凶暴的敵人。我相信我們可以戰勝這兩個王國然後統一整個中國。

這是一件艱難的任務,但這是我應該做的,也是我必須去完成的。

 

你要自強,我將會有一段時間無法在你身邊協助你,但我已經安排郭攸之、費禕、董允幾個忠誠的大臣協助你。我相信你們一定能夠把我們王國治理好,你們一定可以清楚分辨一件事情的好與壞,你們可以做對應做出合適的判斷與對策,我們王國一定會一天比一天更加興旺。

 

這段中有兩句成語。

 

第一句成語的意思是一個人從早到晚都因為憂慮而嘆息。

第二句成語的意思能夠分辨並且衡量一件事情的好與壞。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你認為你這一生做重要的責任是什麼呢?你是否曾經為了甚麼事情長期的憂慮呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為三國志-蜀書-諸葛亮傳。

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_4877.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...