3/20/2022

Are you going to use this little piece of wood as a beam for the house(以杙為楹)

Are you going to use this little piece of wood as a beam for the house(以杙為楹)

 

During the Tang Dynasty in China, there was a famous official who was also a famous writer. His name is (Han Yu).

 

He is very upright. He wrote an article.

The content of this article is a conversation between a Confucian teacher and his students.

 

At the Confucian Academy in the capital, a senior teacher shares his views with all the students in class.

One student expressed disagreement with him.

After listening to the student's rebuttal, the teacher replied.

 

I am so thankful that you identify with me. But I think I still have a lot of room to improve.

I haven't established a complete system of thought, and my speaking skills are not good enough.

The content of the articles I write should be more specific and feasible, and I think my moral level is only a little bit higher than the average person.

 

I am very grateful that I can teach here and receive a regular salary from the government.

I think I am a lucky person, I can concentrate on studying Confucian classics, and my family and I can live a stable life without worrying about food and clothing.

 

I think everyone has their own responsibilities, and what they should do is to do their part.

 

I think I haven't gotten good results yet, the only thing I should do is to study more seriously and improve my ability.

 

I don't blame the king and the prime minister for my position.

Just as I wouldn't teach a carpenter how to build a house, I wouldn't tell a doctor what medicines to treat patients with.

 

I often remind myself that a person's growing reputation is not necessarily a good thing, because there will be more slander. This may lead to bad results later.

 

I often remind myself,

The amount of money and the level of office are neither the most important nor should I be concerned.

What I should do is to remind myself every day to improve my abilities and my moral height.

I don't complain that I was treated unfairly.

 

This idiom means to use a small piece of wood as the beam of a house. The meaning of small material is of great use. .

 

Dear friends, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Do you blame others for not being recognized for your abilities? Do you feel like you are being treated unfairly, or do you feel like a lucky person?

I hope this story will give you something new to gain.

 


                                                       此圖片來自中文百科知識




以杙為楹(Are you going to use this little piece of wood as a beam for the house)

 

中國的唐王朝時代,有一位著名的官員,他也是一個著名的文學家。他的名字是(韓愈)

 

他非常正直。他寫過一篇文章。

這篇文章的內容是一個儒家老師與他的學生們的對談。

 

在首都的儒家學院,一個資深的老師在課堂上他對所有的學生分享他的看法。

有一個學生表示不同意他的觀點。

聽完這個學生的反駁後,這個老師回答。

 

我很謝謝你們很認同我。但我認為我還有很多需要進步的空間。

我尚未建立一套完整的思想體系,我的說話技巧不夠好。

我寫的文章的內容應該要更具體可行,我認為我的道德水平只是比一般人高出一點點而已。

 

我很感謝我能夠在這邊教書,並且固定領取政府的薪水。

我覺得我是一個幸運的人,我可以專心的研究儒家經典,我與我的家人可以安穩的生活,並且不愁吃穿。

 

我認為每個人都有每個人的職責,應該做的就是盡好自己的本分。

 

我認為我現在尚未得到好的結果,我唯一該做的就是更加的認真學習與提升自已的能力。

 

我不會責怪國王與宰相對我的職位。

就如同我不會去教導一個木匠應該怎樣建築一間房屋,也不會去告訴一個醫生應該用那些藥物治療病人。

 

我常常提醒自已,一個人的名聲愈來愈大並不一定是件好事,因為毀謗也會隨之愈來愈多。到後來可能因此得到不好的結果。

 

我常常提醒自已,

錢財多少與官位高低都不是最重要的也不是我應該關心的。

我應該做的就是每天提醒自已要增進自已的能力並且道德高度。

我不抱怨我受到不公平的對待。

 

這句成語的意思是拿小木頭去當作一間房屋的屋樑。小材大用的意思。。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你會因為自已的能力沒得到認同而去責怪別人嗎呢?你會覺得自已受到不公平的待遇,還是你覺得自已是一個幸運的人呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為唐-韓愈-進學解

https://baike.baidu.hk/item/%E5%8B%B8%E5%AD%B8%E8%A7%A3/8880539


精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...