4/27/2022

I want it but I can't get it(求之不得) / I miss her so deeply(悠哉悠哉) / I was lying in bed, I tossed and turned, I couldn't sleep. (輾轉反側)

I want it but I can't get it(求之不得)

I miss her so deeply(悠哉悠哉)

I was lying in bed, I tossed and turned, I couldn't sleep. (輾轉反側)


(The Book of Songs) is the earliest poetry collection in China.

There are 305 poems in this book.

The poems were written over a period of 500 years, from the 11th century BC to the 6th century BC.

 

The content of these poems is mainly divided into three categories.

The first category is the folk poetry from all over China at that time

The second category is the poetry of the Zhou Dynasty that ruled China at that time.

The third category is the poetry of the royal family and nobles in the Zhou Dynasty.

 

The first poem in this book is one of the most famous.

This poem is only 80 words, but it has as many as seven widely used idioms.

 

The translation of the middle 16 words of the poem is as follows.

 

That boy can't pursue this girl, and that boy thinks of this girl whether he is asleep or awake.

 

The boy misses the girl so much.

The boy lost sleep at night.

The boy tossed and turned in bed and couldn't sleep.

 

 

The first idiom is used to describe that the request is urgent but cannot be obtained.

The meaning of the second idiom is to describe how deeply one person misses another person.

The meaning of this idiom in modern times is different from the original meaning, and it is used to describe a person who is relaxed and comfortable. This idiom means leisurely.

The third idiom is used to describe a person who cannot sleep.

 

Dear friends, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Do you think it is easier to attract a person or to pursue a person? What do you do to help yourself fall asleep when you have insomnia?

I hope this story will give you something new to gain.

 



                                                           此圖片來自維基百科




求之不得(I want it but I can't get it)

悠哉悠哉(I miss her so deeply)

輾轉反側(I was lying in bed, I tossed and turned, I couldn't sleep.)

 

(詩經)是中國最早的詩歌合輯。

這本書中有305首詩。

這些詩寫的時間橫跨500年,從西元前11世紀到西元前6世紀。

 

這些詩的內容主要分為三類。

第一類是當時中國各地的民間詩歌

第二類是當時統治中國的周王朝的詩歌。

第三類是周王朝中的王室與貴族祭祀用的詩歌。

 

而這本書中的第一首詩更是其中最著名的一首。

這首詩只有80個字,卻有高達七個被廣泛使用的成語。

 

這首詩的中間16個字的翻譯如下。

 

那一個男孩子追求不到這個女孩子,那一個男孩子不論睡著或是醒著都想著這個女孩子。

 

那個男孩子對那個女孩的的思念如此之深。

這個男孩子晚上失眠了。

這個男孩子躺在床上翻來覆去一直無法入睡。

 

 

第一句成語被用來形容要求很迫切但是卻得不到。

第二句成語的意思是形容一個人對另一個人的深深的思念。

這句成語在近代的意思已跟原意不一樣,被用來形容一個人輕鬆自在的樣子。這句成語變成悠閒的意思。

第三句成語被用來形容一個人睡不著。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你認為吸引一個人容易還是追求一個人比較容易呢?你失眠的時候你會做什麼事情幫助自己入睡呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

 

出處為詩經-周南-關雎

https://www.chinesewords.org/poetry/101-600.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...