4/13/2022

She is a loyal and sincere person(忠款誠信)

She is a loyal and sincere person(忠款誠信)

 

During the Spring and Autumn Period in China, there was a famous king in the Qi Kingdom, whose name was Jiang Xiaobai.

One of his stories is recorded in the history books.

 

He led the Qi Kingdom to become the most powerful kingdom at that time. At that time, in their surrounding kingdoms, except for the Wei Kingdom, all other kingdoms obeyed his leadership.

 

So, one day, he said to the Prime Minister.

The Kingdom of Wei does not obey my leadership, they do not respect me. So I decided to send troops to attack them.

 

After he left the office that night, he returned to the palace to have dinner with his wives and concubines.

 

He has many concubines, one of them is the princess of Wei Kingdom.

She married him because of political marriage.

 

After dinner, everyone was chatting. The princess of Wei Kingdom suddenly got up and walked in front of him.

She stood in front of him and knelt down, and at the same time pulled off her jewelry and jewels and put them beside her.

 

This action means that I have made a very serious mistake, I am a sinner, and I beg you to forgive me.

 

He told her.

Why did you do this and what happened.

 

She answered.

I do this because I want to beg you in my father's place, I beg you not to attack the Kingdom of Wei.

 

He asked in shock.

Why do you know that I am going to attack Wei Kingdom. who told you this.

 

She says.

No one told me about this, it's my speculation.

 

He was puzzled.

I do plan to attack the Wei Kingdom, why do you speculate so.

 

She says.

If a person has just had a drink and a perfect meal, his expression is joy and contentment.

If a person encounters disaster, his expression is serious and sad.

If a person is provoked by others, his body movements will appear quick and his voice will become high-pitched.

 

When you were at the dinner party just now, I observed that several times when you saw me, your body movements became noticeably quicker and your voice became high-pitched.

 

So I'm assuming you're having a mood swing by seeing me.

 

I ask myself that I did not make a mistake, and I think back to your conversations in the last few days, so I presume that you are unhappy because my father did not follow your lead.

 

Therefore I apologize to you on behalf of my father. I beg you not to attack the kingdom of Wei. I hope there is peace between our two kingdoms, and I hope that no one in our two kingdoms will suffer from this.

 

After listening to her statement, he answered her after a few minutes of thought.

You are a wise woman and I re-think after hearing your words.

I decided not to attack the Wei Kingdom.

 

The author of the history book ended up writing a poem summarizing the story.

 

The concubine of the king of Qi Kingdom.

She used to be the princess of Wei Kingdom.

 

She is a faithful and sincere woman.

She is a quiet woman, she can observe the king's thoughts through the king's expression.

 

The king liked and respected her so much that he promoted her from concubine to full-fledged wife.

The king entrusted all the affairs of the house to her.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person who is loyal and sincere.

 

Dear friends, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Which do you think is more important to a woman, beautiful or wise? How can you improve yourself to become a wiser person?

I hope this story will give you something new to gain.

 



                                                      此圖片來自於中國哲學書電子化計劃



忠款誠信(She is a loyal and sincere person)

 

中國的春秋時代,齊王國有一個著名的國王,他的名字叫做姜小白。

歷史書上紀錄了一個他的故事。

 

他帶領著齊王國成為當時最強大的王國。當時在他們週邊的王國中,除了衛王國之外,其他王國都聽從他的領導。

 

因此,有一天,他對首相說。

衛王國不服從我的領導,他們不尊敬我。因此我決定出兵攻打他們。

 

當天晚上他離開辦公室後,他回到皇宮內與他的妻妾們共進晚餐。

 

他有許多的妾,其中一個是衛王國的公主。

她因為政治聯姻的原因所以嫁給他。

 

晚餐後,大家正在聊天的時候。衛王國的公主突然起身走到他的面前。

她在他的前面站定然後跪下,並且同時把身上的首飾與珠寶都拔下來放在身邊。

 

這個舉動的意思是我犯了非常嚴重的錯誤,我是一個罪人,我懇求你原諒我。

 

他對她說。

妳為何這樣做,發生了甚麼事情。

 

她回答。

我這樣做是因為我希望能代替我的父親懇求你,我懇求你不要攻打衛王國。

 

他很震驚地問。

你為什麼知道我要攻打衛王國。誰告訴妳這件事情。

 

她說。

沒有人告訴我這件事情,這是我的推測。

 

他很納悶的說。

我的確計畫要攻打衛王國,你為何會如此推測。

 

她說。

如果一個人才剛喝酒並吃完美食後,他的表情是喜悅並且滿足。

如果一個人的遭遇到災禍,他的表情是嚴肅與憂愁。

如果一個人被別人激怒,那麼他的肢體動作會顯得快速並且他的音調會變得高亢。

 

你剛才在晚宴時,我觀察到你有好幾次看到我的時候,你的肢體動作明顯變得快速而且你說話的音調變得高亢。

 

所以我推測你因為看見我引起了情緒的波動。

 

我自問我並沒有犯錯,我回想最近幾天你的談話,所以我推測因為我的父親沒有服從你的領導所以你很不開心。

 

因此我代替我的父親向你謝罪。我懇求你不要攻打衛王國。我希望我們兩個王國之間保持和平,我希望我們兩個王國中沒有任何人會因此受到傷亡。

 

他聽完她的陳述,他沉思幾分鐘後回答她。

你是一個有智慧的女子,我聽了你的話後我重新思考。

我決定不攻打衛王國了。

 

歷史書的作者最後寫了一首詩作這個故事的總結。

 

齊王國的國王的妾。

她以前是衛王國的公主。

 

她是一個忠心又真誠的女子。

她是一個沉靜的女子,她可以藉由國王的表情觀察到國王的想法。

 

國王很喜歡她並且很尊敬她,國王把她從妾提升為正式的妻子。

國王把所有家裡的事都交給她管理。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人又忠心又真誠。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你認為一個女子,漂亮與有智慧哪一個更重要呢?妳如何提升自已成為更有智慧的人呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為列女傳-2-賢明傳-齊桓衛姬

https://www.chineseclassic.com/content/1370

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...