4/08/2022

They are confidants(管鮑之交)

 

They are confidants(管鮑之交)

 

During the Spring and Autumn Period in China, the name of a prime minister of the Qi Kingdom was (Guan Zhong).

He is an outstanding statesman. He is known as one of the most capable prime ministers in Chinese history.

 

He has a good friend whose name is (Bao Shuya).

He once said a paragraph to thank himself for this best and most important friend.

 

The gist of this passage is as follows.

 

When I was young, my family was poor, and his family was rich.

At one point, we were in business together and we made some money.

At the time, my family was in desperate need of money, so I let myself share a little more profit.

Our other friends said to him.

(Guan Zhong) is a greedy person.

But he said to these friends of ours.

You don't know his family situation, because his family has urgent needs, so he let himself share a little more profit.

 

Once, he asked me to help him plan a project, but the project failed, causing him a lot of losses.

Our other friends said to him.

(Guan Zhong) is a stupid person.

But he said to these friends of mine.

You don't know the process of implementing this project. The failure of this project is not his responsibility. The probability of success of this project is very low.

 

I have been employed in the central government several times, but I have not been assigned to important positions.

I was discouraged but he encouraged me.

You have to believe in your own talent, you are just a little less fortunate.

 

I've been in a few battles and my colleagues laughed at me, they thought I wasn't brave enough.

But he said to my colleague.

He was a very brave man, but his mother was old and he was an only child.

In order to be able to come home alive to take care of his mother, he tries not to put himself in danger.

 

Among the two princes of Qi Kingdom, I originally followed the eldest prince.

After the eldest prince died, I changed to follow the second prince.

Many people looked down on me and said I was a shameless person.

But he said.

He made this decision in order to realize his ideal and benefit more people. He is a visionary.

 

My father and mother gave birth to and raised me.

But in this life, there is only one person who knows me best, and this person is (Bao Shuya).

 

This idiom means that two people are very good friends.

 

Dear friends, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Who is your best friend? Does he also think you are his best friend? What does he do to make you think he is your best friend?

I hope this story will give you something new to gain.

 

引申閱讀本部落格-管仲

https://chinesewordingconsultant.blogspot.com/search?q=%E7%AE%A1%E4%BB%B2




                                                             此圖片來自於百度百科


管鮑之交(They are confidants)

 

中國的春秋時代,齊王國有一任宰相的名字是(管仲)

他是一位傑出的政治家。他被稱為中國歷史上最有能力的宰相之一。

 

他有一個好朋友,這個好朋友的名字叫做(鮑叔牙)

他曾經說過一段話來感謝自己這個最要好與最重要的朋友。

 

這段話的大意如下。

 

我年輕時家境貧窮,而他家境富裕。

有一次,我們一起合夥做生意,我們賺了一些錢。

當時我家裡急需要用錢,所以我就讓我自已分享多一點利潤。

我們的其他朋友對他說。

(管仲)是一個貪心的人。

但他對我們的這些朋友說。

你們不了解他的家庭情況,因為他家裡有急需所以他才讓自已分享多一點利潤。

 

有一次,他請我幫他規劃一個專案,結果這個專案失敗了,造成他很大的損失。

我們的其他朋友對他說。

(管仲)是一個愚笨的人。

但是他對我的這些朋友說。

你們不清楚執行這專案的過程,這個專案的失敗不是他的責任,這項專案的成功機率本來就很低。

 

我曾經好幾次進入中央政府就職,但我都不被指派擔任重要的職務

我很灰心但他卻鼓勵我。。

你要相信自已的才能,你只是少了一點幸運。

 

我曾經參加幾場戰役,我的同僚都嘲笑我,他們認為我不夠勇敢。

但他卻對我的同僚說。

他是一個很勇敢的人,但是他母親年紀大了而他是獨子。

他為了能夠活著回家照顧他的母親,因此他盡量不讓自已陷入危險之中。

 

齊王國的兩個王子中,我原本追隨大王子。

大王子死後、我改追隨二王子。

很多人瞧不起我並且說我是一個無恥的人。

但是他說。

他為了實現自己的理想與造福更多的人所以才做出這個決定,他是一個眼光遠大的人。

 

我的父親與母親生了我並且養育了我。

但是這一輩子,唯一最了解我的人就只有一個人,這個人就是(鮑叔牙)

 

這句成語的意思是形容兩個人是非常好的朋友。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你最好的朋友是誰呢?他也認為你是他最好的朋友嗎?他有那些行為讓你覺得他是你的好朋友呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為韓非子外儲說左下-130

https://ctext.org/hanfeizi/wai-chu-shuo-zuo-xia/zh

 

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...