4/04/2022

They are family friends(八拜之交)

They are family friends(八拜之交)

 

In the Song Dynasty of China, there was a famous scholar whose name was Shao Bowen.

He wrote a book with anecdotes from many famous people of the time.

 

There is a story in this book.

There is an important official in Beijing named Han Qi. He was very old, and he was a big-hearted man. All the officials respected him.

 

At that time, a young official in Beijing in charge of transporting grain was named (Li Ji).

He was in such an important position at such a young age that he was arrogant. He despised everyone.

 

He has been very rude to (Han Qi) many times, but (Han Qi) just smiled and didn't mind.

 

After (Han Qi) was transferred from this position, another minister who was very old and experienced took over the position.

The minister's name is (Wen Yanbo).

 

After (Wen Yanbo) took office, all the officials in Beijing came to congratulate him one by one.

(Li Ji) is no exception.

 

(Li Ji) arrived at (Wen Yanbo)'s home.

He sat in the reception room and waited for a long time, but (Wen Yanbo) never showed up.

 

After waiting for several hours, (Wen Yanbo) finally arrived at the reception room.

(Li Ji)'s father was a student of (Wen Yanbo), and he knew (Wen Yanbo) when he was a child.

 

(Wen Yanbo) said to him when he saw him.

By etiquette, I am older than you and I am your superior. You should make four salutes to me. But my relationship with you is more than that.

Your father is my student, so you are the son of my student, so I think you should do the eight salute to me.

 

When (Li Ji) had done eight salutes to him, he asked (Li Ji).

Do you think I am a very annoying elder?

(Li Ji) After a moment of silence, he nodded gently.

 

(Wen Yanbo) said. I knew you when you were very young, your father was a wonderful man, but he passed away very young.

So he has no chance to share a very important life experience with you.

 

This important life lesson is that we must understand that none of us are perfect, so we should have some respect for everyone.

 

You have held such an important position at such a young age, and your future is very bright.

I have heard that you are very proud, and if you do not change your arrogant personality, it will cause great trouble in your future life.

 

I take this opportunity to tell you this, because I value you very much, I treat you as my child, and I hope you can understand my heart.

 

This idiom is used to describe two people who are family friends

 

Dear friends, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Do you consider yourself smarter than everyone else? Do you maintain a certain respect and courtesy towards everyone?

I hope this story will give you something new to gain.

 




                                                             此圖片來自百度百科



八拜之交(They are family friends)

 

中國的宋王朝,有一位著名的學者,他的名字叫做(邵伯溫)

他寫了一本書,記錄了當時許多名人的軼事。

 

這本書中有一個故事。

北京市的有一個重要的官員名字叫做(韓琦)。他的年紀很大,他是一個心胸很寬大的人。所有的官員都很敬重他。

 

當時北京市裡一位負責運輸糧食的年輕官員名字叫做(李稷)

他很年輕就擔任如此重要的職務,所以他很驕傲自大。他瞧不起所有人。

 

他曾經多次對(韓琦)很沒有禮貌,但是(韓琦)都只是笑笑而不介意。

 

(韓琦)調離這個職位後,另一位年紀很大而且經驗很豐富的大臣接替這個職位。

這個大臣的名字叫做(文彥博)

 

(文彥博)到任後,所有北京的官員都一一來向他慶賀。

(李稷)也不例外。

 

(李稷)到了(文彥博)的家中。

他坐在會客室等了很久,但是(文彥博)卻遲遲沒有出現。

 

等了幾個小時後,(文彥博)終於到了會客室。

(李稷)的父親曾經是(文彥博)的學生,他在孩童的時候就認識(文彥博)

 

(文彥博)看見他就對他說。

按照禮節,我的年紀比你大而且又是你的長官。你應該向我行四個禮。但是我跟你的關係又不只如此。

你的父親是我的學生,所以你是我是我的學生的兒子,所以我認為你應該向我行八個禮。

 

(李稷)向他行完八個禮後,他問(李稷)

你是不是覺得我是一個很討厭的長輩呢。

(李稷)沉默了片刻後輕輕的點頭。

 

(文彥博)說。你很小的時候我就認識你,你的父親是一個很棒的人,但他很年輕就過世了。

因此他沒有機會跟你分享一個很重要的生活經驗。

 

這個重要的生活經驗就是,我們必須了解我們都不是完美的人,因此我們應該對任何人都保持一定的敬意。

 

你如此年輕就擔任如此重要的職位,你的未來非常的光明。

我聽聞你很驕傲,若你沒有改變你驕傲自大的個性,這會對你未來的人生造成極大的麻煩。

 

我藉這個機會想告訴你這件事,因為我很重視你,我把你當作我的孩子,希望你可以理解我的心意。

 

這句成語被用來形容兩個人是世交

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你認為自己的聰明才智超過其他所有人嗎?你是否對所有人都保持一定的尊敬與禮貌呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為宋-邵氏聞見錄-10

https://zh.m.wikisource.org/wiki/%E9%82%B5%E6%B0%8F%E8%81%9E%E8%A6%8B%E9%8C%84/%E5%8D%B7%E5%8D%81

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...