5/28/2022

His breathing is very weak(奄奄一息)

 

His breathing is very weak(奄奄一息)

 

In the Jin Dynasty of China, there was a famous official whose name was Li Mi.

 

He is a very honest official, and he is also a very filial person.

When he was 44 years old, the then king wanted to hire him as an important official in the central government.

He wrote a letter to decline the king's offer of invitation.

 

The letter he wrote is considered one of the most moving lyric essays in Chinese history.

Why did he refuse such a high position and salary?

 

The fourth paragraph of the letter reads as follows.

 

When I was young, I served as an important official in the Kingdom of Shuhan, and I am not the type of person who wants to live in seclusion.

I also hope to have the opportunity to realize my ideals and ambitions, and to seek more benefits for more people.

 

After the fall of the Shuhan Kingdom, I returned to my original civilian status.

 

It is a great honor for me to have the opportunity to be valued by you.

But at the moment there is really no way for me to leave my grandmother.

If it weren't for this reason, I would have agreed to your offer right away and would be very happy to head to the capital right away.

 

My grandmother was like the sun about to go down, her breathing was very weak.

Her state of life is so fragile that I worry every day that she will die at any time.

 

I look back on my entire life, and I would have been dead long ago without my grandmother raising me up.

If I left my grandmother now, in a few days, I think she would be gone.

 

Our two lives are so closely related to each other that I cannot leave my grandmother right now.

 

You are a king who attaches great importance to filial piety. All the elderly in our kingdom are valued and cared for by you. I beg you to have mercy on my pain, and I beg you to take back your orders.

 

This idiom means that there is only a weak breath left. Describe a person's life has reached the last moment.

 

Dear friends, what are your feelings or thoughts after listening to this story?

If you could choose, who would you want to spend the last time of your life with? If you could go back in time, who would you most like to spend an afternoon with?

I hope this story will give you something new to gain.

 




                                                      此圖片來自百度百科



奄奄一息(His breathing is very weak)

 

中國的晉王朝,有一個著名的官員,他的名字叫做(李密)

 

他是一個很正直的官員,他也是一個很孝順的人。

44歲的時候,當時的國王想聘請他當任中央政府的重要官員。

他寫了一封信婉拒國王的禮聘。

 

他寫的這封信被認為是中國歷史上最感人的抒情文之一。

他為何要拒絕這麼高的職位與薪水呢?

 

這封信的第四段內容如下。

 

我年輕時曾經在蜀漢王國擔任過重要的官員,我並非那一種想要隱居的人。

我也希望有機會可以實現自已的理想與抱負,為更多老百姓謀求更多好處。

 

蜀漢王國滅亡之後,我恢復到原本平民的身分。

 

我能夠有機會被你所重視,我感覺到非常的榮幸。

但是目前我真的沒有辦法離開我的祖母。

如果不是因為這個原因,我會立刻答應你的聘請並且非常開心地立刻前往首都。

 

我的祖母就像是即將要下山的太陽一樣,她的呼吸非常微弱。

她的生命狀態如此脆弱,我每天都會擔心她隨時會死去。

 

我回想起我的這一生,如果沒有我的祖母從小撫育我,我一定早就已經死了。

我如果現在離開我的祖母,只要幾天,我想她就會離世。

 

我們兩個人的生命彼此密切相關、因此我不能現在離開我的祖母。

 

你是一個很重視孝道的國王,我們王國內的所有老人都被你所重視與照顧,我懇求你憐憫我的痛苦,我懇求你收回你的命令。

 

這句成語的意思是僅存微弱的一口氣。形容一個人的生命已到了最後時刻。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的感受或有怎樣的想法呢。

如果可以選擇,你想與誰度過人生中的最後一段時間?如果時光可以倒流,你最想跟誰再一起度過一個下午?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為晉-李密-陳情表

https://fanti.dugushici.com/ancient_proses/70575

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...