5/09/2022

His mind and breath are calm. (平心靜氣)

 His mind and breath are calm. (平心靜氣)

 

Confucius had a student named Mi Zijian.

There is a story about him in the history books.

 

The king of Lu sent him to administer an important city.

 

About a year into his tenure as mayor, the previous mayor came to visit him one day.

 

He was surprised.

He said.

Why did you come to visit me specially?

 

The former mayor said.

My purpose is to learn from you the know-how of your work.

 

He was surprised and puzzled.

 

The former mayor continued.

You've been in office for almost a year, and I'm almost a year into retirement.

I have observed a very strange phenomenon, so I came to ask you specifically.

 

When I was the mayor of this city, I worked early every day, and I worked late every day.

I'm very hardworking and responsible, I'm very proud, I think I'm running the city well.

 

When you're mayor, you go to and from get off work on time every day and you have a lot of free time.

I think you run the city better than I do.

 

I'm confused about this phenomenon, so I'd like to know how you work.

 

He said with a smile.

That's why you came to me, and I'm so happy to share it with you.

I put my energy on how to find people who are great at their jobs, and then I put those people in the right places.

 

You focus your energy on problem solving, your personal work is strong, but your subordinates are mediocre.

This is our difference.

 

After the former mayor listened to his sharing, the former mayor said.

Thanks for sharing, I can see my flaws.

 

Your mood and breathing are very calm, and you have built a very efficient management team to deal with complicated management affairs.

 

I take everything by myself, so although I spend a lot of mental and physical energy, my management effect is not as good as yours.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person whose mood and breathing are calm.

 

Dear friends, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

If you were the former mayor, would you humbly ask for advice from younger people younger than you? Which one do you think your work style is more similar to?

I hope this story will give you something new to gain.

 

可參考本部落格

https://chinesewordingconsultant.blogspot.com/search?q=%E5%AD%90%E8%B3%A4

 


                                                        此圖片來自於百度百科


平心靜氣(His mind and breath are calm.)

 

孔子有一個學生,這個學生的名字叫做(宓子賤)

歷史書上記載過一個關於他的故事。

 

魯國的國王派遣他去管理一座重要的城市。

 

他擔任市長大約一年後,有一天,前任的市長來拜訪他。

 

他感覺很意外。

他說。

請問你為何特地來派訪我呢。

 

前任市長說。

我的目的是想跟你學習你的工作訣竅。

 

他很驚訝又疑惑。

 

前任市長繼續說。

你就任已經快滿一年,而我退休也快滿一年了。

我觀察到一個很奇特的現象,所以我特別來向你請教。

 

我以前擔任這座城市的市長的時候,我每天都提早上班,我每天都加班到很晚。

我非常的勤奮並且負責,我很驕傲,我自認為我把這座城市管理得很好。

 

你擔任市長之後,你每天都準時上班與下班而且你還有很多休閒時間。

我認為你把這座城市管理得比我更好。

 

對於這個現象我感到很疑惑,因此我想了解你的工作方式。

 

他笑著說。

原來你來找我是這個原因,我很開心能與你分享。

我把我的精力放在如何去發現工作能力卓越的人,然後我會把這些人放在合適的位置上。

 

你把你的精力放在解決問題上,你個人的工作能力很強,但是你的部屬都很平庸。

這就是我們的差別。

 

前任市長聽完他的分享後,前任市長說。

謝謝你的分享,我才能看見自己的缺點。

 

你的心情與呼吸都很平靜,你建構了一個很有效率的管理團隊去處理繁雜的管理事務,。

 

我把所有的事情都攬在自已身上,因此雖然我花費了極大的精神與體力,但我的管理成效比不上你啊。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人的心情與呼吸都很平靜。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你如果是這一位前任市長,你會虛心地去請教比你年紀小的晚輩嗎?你認為你的工作方式比較類似那一位呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

 

出處為韓詩外傳-2-24

https://ctext.org/han-shi-wai-zhuan/juan-er/zh

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...