5/25/2022

I am very lonely and poor and helpless(孤苦零丁)

 

I am very lonely and poor and helpless(孤苦零丁)

 

In the Jin Dynasty of China, there was a famous official whose name was Li Mi.

 

He is a very honest official, and he is also a very filial person.

When he was 44 years old, the then king wanted to hire him as an important official in the central government.

He wrote a letter to decline the king's offer of invitation.

The letter he wrote is considered one of the most moving lyric essays in Chinese history.

 

Why did he refuse such a high position and salary?

 

The first paragraph of the letter reads as follows.

 

I am a very unlucky person, my father died when I was six months old.

Four years after my father died, my mother remarried.

I became an orphan.

 

My grandma was a kind woman.

From when I was four and a half years old, she took the initiative to take care of me.

 

I was in poor health as a child, my growth was stunted, and I didn't learn to walk until I was nine.

 

I have always felt that I was alone, poor and helpless.

This feeling is still there when I grow up.

 

My father has no siblings, and I naturally have no relatives such as cousins.

I got married very late and had children very late.

 

There are very few guests in my house.

We are a family with few blessings.

 

 

This idiom means to describe a person who is lonely, poor and helpless.

 

 

Dear friends, what are your feelings or thoughts after listening to this story?

Do you live in a big family or a small family? Are your father and mother still alive? If so, how long have you not seen them?

I hope this story will give you something new to gain.

 




                                                此圖片出處為百度百科



孤苦零丁(I am very lonely and poor and helpless)

 

中國的晉王朝,有一個著名的官員,他的名字叫做(李密)

 

他是一個很正直的官員,他也是一個很孝順的人。

44歲的時候,當時的國王想聘請他當任中央政府的重要官員。

他寫了一封信婉拒國王的禮聘。

他寫的這封信被認為是中國歷史上最感人的抒情文之一。

 

他為何要拒絕這麼高的職位與薪水呢?

 

這封信的第一段內容如下。

 

我是一個運氣很不好的人,我出生六個月的時候,我的父親就去世了。

我父親死了四年後,我的母親改嫁。

我成為了一個孤兒。

 

我的奶奶是一個仁慈的女性。

從我四歲半的時候開始,她主動承擔起養育我的責任。

 

我童年的時候身體很不好,我的發育很遲緩,我到九歲才學會走路。

 

我從小就覺得,我很孤單貧苦且無依無助。

這種感覺到我長大之後還是一直存在。

 

我的爸爸沒有兄弟姊妹,我自然也就沒有堂兄堂弟等親戚。

我很晚才結婚,也很晚才生了小孩。

 

我家很少有客人來訪。

我們是福氣很少的家族。

 

 

這句成語的意思是形容一個人孤單貧苦且無依無助。

 

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的感受或有怎樣的想法呢。

你生活在一個大家族還是小家族呢?你的父親與母親還活著嗎?若還活著你有多久沒有見到他們了呢?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

 

出處為晉-李密-陳情表

https://fanti.dugushici.com/ancient_proses/70575

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...