5/13/2022

I asked him to do me a favor, he will fall into my trap if he agrees(假道伐虢)

I asked him to do me a favor, he will fall into my trap if he agrees(假道伐虢)

 

During the Spring and Autumn Period in China, the name of the 19th king of the Jin Kingdom was (Guizhu).

His story is recorded in the history books.

 

One day he spoke to all the ministers in a meeting.

I have insomnia every day recently, can you guess why I am insomnia?

 

Some ministers said, are you sick?

Some other ministers said, are you not sleeping well because there are not enough guards?

 

 He shook his head.

 

At this time, a minister named (Xun Xi) said.

You want to expand our territory, you want to attack and occupy the kingdoms of Yu and Guo.

But these two kingdoms are a strategic alliance, if we attack one of them, the other will come to support.

I guess that's why you lose sleep. .

 

He smiled and said to (Xun Xi).

You guessed it, these two kingdoms are the source of my troubles.

Do you have a way to solve my troubles for me.

 

(Xun Xi) also laughed, he said.

It's too simple, I have a plan, if you adopt this plan, then these two kingdoms will soon be taken by you.

 

He asked with interest.

What is your way.

 

(Xun Xi) said.

My method is very simple. Our kingdom has two national treasures. The first national treasure is a piece of jade that is well-known throughout China and is very close to perfection. The other national treasure is our kingdom's specialty horse.

You appoint me as ambassador, and then let me send these two treasures to the king of Yu Kingdom.

 

he asks.

Why are you doing this?

 

(Xun Xi) said.

I will say to the king of Yu Kingdom, we want to form an alliance with you, and these two treasures are gifts that represent our sincerity.

If you promise to ally with us, then these two treasures are yours.

 

We will launch an attack on Guo in the near future. We don't need your help. We only ask you not to help Guo. Please remain neutral.

 

He said.

Your opinion is great, but if I do this, I will lose these two national treasures that I love so much.

 

(Xun Xi) said.

 

You should think about this from another angle, you will not lose these two national treasures.

These two national treasures are only temporarily kept by the king of Yu Kingdom for you.

 

When we annex these two kingdoms in a few years, these two national treasures will return to your hands.

 

His eyes glowed, he said after thinking for a moment.

I follow your advice, let's act now.

 

This idiom means that A gives B some benefits. If B accepts the benefits, then B falls into the trap set by A.

 

Dear friends, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

What things have you been so troubled about that you can't sleep? When you think about it now, is that trouble still bothering you?

I hope this story will give you something new to gain.




           圖片出處為百度百科






假道伐虢(I asked him to do me a favor, he will fall into my trap if he agrees)

 

中國的春秋時代,晉王國的第19任國王的名字叫做((詭諸)

歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

有一天,他在一場會議中對所有的大臣們說。

我最近每天失眠,你們猜的到我為何失眠嗎?

 

有些大臣說,你生病了嗎。

另外一些大臣說,你是因為侍衛不夠多所以睡得不安心嗎。

 

 他搖搖頭。

 

這時候,有一個名字叫做(荀息)的大臣說。

你想擴張我們的領土,你想要攻打並佔領虞王國與虢王國。

但是這兩個王國他們是戰略同盟,如果我們攻打其中一個國家,那麼另一個國家就會來支援。

我猜這就是你失眠的原因。。

 

他笑著對(荀息)說。

你猜對了,這兩個王國就是我煩惱的來源。

你有辦法為我解決我的煩惱嗎。

 

(荀息)也笑了,他說。

這太簡單了,我有一個計劃,如果你採用這個計畫,那麼這兩個王國很快就會被你佔領。

 

他很有興趣的問。

你的辦法為何呢。

 

(荀息)說。

我的方法很簡單,我們王國有兩樣國寶,第一個國寶是一塊全中國知名,非常接近完美的玉石,另一個國寶是我們王國特產的駿馬。

你任命我為大使,然後讓我將這兩個寶物送給虞王國的國王。

 

他問。

你為何要這麼做呢?

 

(荀息)說。

我會對虞王國的國王說,我們想要與你結盟,這兩件寶物是代表我們誠意的禮物。

如果你答應與我們結盟,那麼這兩件寶物就是你的了。

 

我們近期會發動對虢國發動攻擊,我們不需要你的幫忙,我們只請你不要幫助虢國,請你保持中立。

 

他說。

你的意見很好,但是如果我這樣做,我就會失去這兩件我很喜歡的國寶。

 

(荀息)說。

 

你應該從另一個角度思考這個問題,你並不會失去這兩件國寶。

這兩件國寶只是暫時由虞王國的國王為你保管。

 

等幾年後我們把這兩個王國併吞後,這兩件國寶就又會回到你的手中。

 

他的眼睛發光,他考慮了片刻後說。

我聽從你的建議,我們立刻行動吧。

 

這句成語的意思是A給B一些好處,如果B接受了這個好處,那麼B就掉入了A所佈下的陷阱。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你曾經為了甚麼事情煩惱到睡不著呢?你現在回想這件事情,那個煩惱還在困擾著你嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為公羊傳-僖公二年

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_13200.html

出處為穀梁傳-僖公二年

https://ctext.org/guliang-zhuan/xi-gong-er-nian/zh


精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...