5/08/2022

I saw a group of people hunting, I was excited and wanted to join them(見獵心喜)

 

 

I saw a group of people hunting, I was excited and wanted to join them(見獵心喜)

 

The Song Dynasty in China had a pair of famous brothers who were the most famous thinkers of that time.

The elder brother's name is (Cheng Hao), and the younger brother's name is (Cheng Yi).

 

Their students recorded some of their everyday conversations and compiled them into a book.

 

A story in this book

 

One day, (Cheng Yi) said to his students.

Remember, the power of habit is great.

 

I cite my own personal experience.

 

When I was 17, my favorite activity was going hunting with my friends.

 

When I turned 18, I shifted the focus of my life to my schoolwork.

I was so busy studying every day that I stopped hunting as a hobby.

 

I talked about this one time while chatting with my teacher.

 

I said to my teacher.

I haven't hunted for a long time, and I no longer have the desire to hunt.

My willpower has become very strong and I am no longer dominated by the desire to hunt.

 

My teacher replied with a smile.

I think this desire is still lurking in your heart.

Given the right moment, this desire will resurface.

 

I heard what the teacher said, but my heart didn't believe it.

 

Later, when I was about 30 years old, I once passed a forest on my way home.

I saw a group of people happily walking in front of me and I heard their conversation,

They are a group of good friends who go hunting together.

 

As I listened to them discussing the results of today's hunt, a sudden desire surged inside me, I remembered the joy of hunting when I was young, and I wanted to join them.

 

That's when I thought about what my teacher said to me.

 

I feel ashamed and scared. The power of habit is so great that it has not gone away after 12 years.

 

After going through this, I will remind myself from time to time.

I have to pay attention to the formation of each of my habits, and I have to avoid bad habits.

 

This idiom means that when I see someone hunting, I get excited and want to join them. This idiom is also used to remind us that old habits are hard to change.

 

 

Dear friends, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Have you had a similar experience? Do you have any bad habits? Are these bad habits controlling you?

I hope this story will give you something new to gain

 


                                                             此圖片出自於維基百科



見獵心喜(I saw a group of people hunting, I was excited and wanted to join them)

 

中國的宋王朝,有一對著名的兄弟,他們是當時最著名的思想家。

哥哥的名字是(程顥)、弟弟的名字是(程頤)

 

他們的學生們記錄下他們日常生活中時的一些言談,把這些話編撰成一本書。

 

這本書中紀錄了一個故事

 

有一天,(程頤)對他的學生說。

你們要記得,習慣的力量是很大的。

 

我舉一個自己的親身經歷。

 

17歲的時候,我最熱愛的活動就是和我的朋友們一起去打獵。

 

當我滿18歲後,我把生活重心轉移到課業上。

我每天都忙著學習,我終止了打獵這項愛好。

 

我有一次跟我的老師聊天時聊到這件事。

 

我對我的老師說。

我很久沒有打獵了,我已經不再有打獵的慾望。

我的意志力已經變得非常堅強,我不再被打獵的慾望所控制。

 

我的老師笑著回答。

我認為這個慾望仍然潛藏在你的心裡。

只要有適當的時機,這慾望就會重新浮現。

 

我聽到老師說的話,但我的內心不相信。

 

後來,在我大約30歲的時候,有一次,我回家時經過了一片森林。

我看見有一群人很開心地在我前面走著,我聽到他們的對話內容,

他們是一群一起去打獵的好朋友。

 

我聽著他們討論今天打獵的成果,我的內心突然湧起一股慾望,我想起年輕時打獵的快樂,我很想加入他們。

 

這時候我想到我的老師對我說過的話。

 

我覺得慚愧與害怕。習慣的力量是如此的大,經過了12年還沒有消失。

 

經歷這件事情之後,我會不時的提醒自己。

我必須注意我的每個習慣的養成,我必須避免養成壞的習慣。

 

這句成語的意思是我看見有人打獵,我就很興奮並且想要加入他們。這句成語也被用來提醒我們舊習難改。

 

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你是否有過類似的經驗呢?你是否有哪些壞習慣呢?這些壞習慣是否控制著你呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

 

出處為河南程氏遺書-7-5

https://ctext.org/wiki.pl?if=gb&chapter=524391

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...