5/06/2022

Meaningful and profound (意味深長)

Meaningful and profound (意味深長)

 

The Song Dynasty in China had a pair of famous brothers who were the most famous thinkers of that time.

The elder brother's name is (Cheng Hao), and the younger brother's name is (Cheng Yi).

 

Their students recorded some of their everyday conversations and compiled them into a book.

 

There is a story in this book.

 

One day, a student asked (Cheng Yi).

What is your favorite classic book?

 

He answered.

My favorite classic book is (The Analects of Confucius).

 

Student asked.

Why do you like this book?

 

He answered.

I think the text of this book is very refined, and every sentence in the book is profound and meaningful.

 

Student asked.

This book was read when you were a few years old.

 

He answered.

I first read this book when I was about 17 years old.

I've reread this book so many times in my life I can't even count

 

Student asked.

Don't you get bored by rereading this book so many times.

 

He answered.

When I read this book for the first time, I felt that I had fully understood what Confucius was trying to convey.

But as I get older, every time I re-read this book, I get a lot of new insights.

 

Student asked.

Do you have a favorite quote from this book?

 

He answered.

There are so many sentences that I like, and these sentences also change with my age.

 

The same sentence, I thought it was very ordinary when I watched it this time, but it was very practical when I watched it next time.

The same sentence, I thought it was boring when I read it this time, but I thought it was too well written the next time I read it.

 

This book inspires me differently every time.

This book seems to have grown up with me as my life experiences have grown richer.

 

 

This idiom is used to describe a book or a thing or a movie or a person's speech is very meaningful and profound.

 

Dear friends, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

What are your favorite classics of literature? Do you reread this book often?

I hope this story will give you something new to gain.

 



                                                    此圖片出處為維基百科




意味深長(Meaningful and profound)

 

中國的宋王朝,有一對著名的兄弟,他們是當時最著名的思想家。

哥哥的名字是(程顥)、弟弟的名字是(程頤)

 

他們的學生們記錄下他們日常生活中時的一些言談,把這些話編撰成一本書。

 

這本書中紀錄了一個故事。

 

有一天,有一個學生問(程頤)

你最喜歡的經典書籍是那一本呢。

 

他回答。

我最喜歡的經典書籍是(孔夫子的論語)

 

學生問。

你為何喜歡這一本書呢?

 

他回答。

我覺得這一本書的文字非常的精鍊,書中的每一句話都很深刻很雋永。

 

學生問。

這本書是你在幾歲的時候讀的。

 

他回答。

我大約17歲左右第一次讀到這本書。

我這一生中重讀這本書的次數非常多,我都算不清楚了

 

學生問。

重複閱讀這本書那麼多次,你不會覺得無趣嗎。

 

他回答。

我第一次讀這本書的時候,我覺得我已經完全理解孔子想要表達的內容。

但是隨著我的年齡的增長,我每次重新閱讀這一本書的時候,我又會有很多新的體悟。

 

學生問。

你是否有最喜歡這本書中的那一句話嗎?

 

他回答。

我喜歡的句子太多了,這些句子也會隨著我的年齡而改變。

 

同一句話,我這一次看的時候覺得很普通,但是我下一次看的時候覺得很實用。

同一句話,我這一次看的時候覺得沒有意思,但是我下一次看的時候覺得寫得太好了。

 

這本書帶給我的啟發每次都不一樣。

隨著我的人生經歷愈來愈豐富,這本書好像也伴隨著我成長。

 

 

這句成語被用來形容一本書或者一件事情或者一部電影或者一個人說話的內容很雋永很深刻。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你最喜歡哪一本些經典的文學作品嗎?你經常重複閱讀這本書嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

 

出處為河南程氏遺書卷1980-

https://ctext.org/wiki.pl?if=gb&chapter=874285




精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...