6/22/2022

All the hair and fine hair on my body stand on end(毛髮盡豎)

 

All the hair and fine hair on my body stand on end(毛髮盡豎)

 

During the Tang Dynasty in China, there was a famous official who was also a famous writer. His name is (Han Yu).

 

There is a very unique custom among ancient Chinese folk.

 

At that time, on the last day of the first month, people would put porridge and shabby clothes at the door of their homes to worship the poor ghosts.

 

People at the time believed that this was the only way to keep these poor ghosts away.

 

He wrote an interesting and meaningful article on this subject.

 

The gist of the second paragraph of this article is as follows.

 

After I said these words, I suddenly heard some strange noises.

 

These sounds are sometimes short and loud like a person is whistling,

These sounds are sometimes low and short like a man's sad cry.

 

All the hair and hair on my body stood up, I shrugged my shoulders and tightened my neck.

 

I held my breath, trying to hear exactly what I was hearing.

 

Sometimes I can hear these sounds and sometimes I can't, and after waiting in silence for a long time, I'm finally sure that what I'm hearing is the voice of a person speaking to me.

 

Said the man.

 

I am the poor ghost living in your house.

I have lived with you for over forty years.


When you were a child, your family thought you were not smart, but I never laughed at you.


When you grew up, you started going to school and helping your father with farming.

You study and work very seriously, and you want to be able to serve in the bureaucracy.

During those young years when you felt lonely, I was by your side.


There are other gods who live in your home who often say to me that you cannot achieve your ideals.

They reprimanded me, they ordered me to leave you quickly.


I have been mocked and humiliated like this by those other gods, but I am patient because I believe in you.


I have never left you because of your poverty, I have been by your side all these years.

 

This idiom means that all the hair and fine hair on my body stand up. This idiom is used to describe a person who is very frightened.

 

Dear friends, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

In your life, who is the person who has been with you the longest? Who is by your side all the time when you are at your lowest ebb?

I hope this story will give you something new to gain.




                 此圖片出處為維基百科

 

毛髮盡豎(All the hair and fine hair on my body stand on end)

 

中國的唐王朝時代,有一位著名的官員,他也是一個著名的文學家。他的名字是(韓愈)

 

中國古代民間有一種很有特色的風俗。

 

當時的人們會在正月的最後一天,在自己家的門口,放上稀飯與破舊的衣服祭拜貧窮鬼。

 

當時的人們認為,只有這樣做才可以使這些貧窮鬼遠離。

 

他以此為主題,寫過一篇有趣又含義深刻的文章。

 

這篇文章的第二段的大意如下。


在我說完這些話後,我突然聽到一些奇怪的聲音。

 

這些聲音有些時候短促而嘹亮就像是一個人正在吹口哨,

這些聲音有些時候低沉而短促就像是一個人悲哀的哭泣聲,。

 

我身上的汗毛與頭髮全都豎立起來,我聳起肩膀並縮緊脖子。

 

我摒住呼吸,我想聽清楚我到底聽到甚麼聲音。

 

這些聲音我有時候聽得見但有時候又聽不見,我安靜地等了很久,我終於確定我所聽到的,是一個人正在對我說話的聲音。

 

這個人說。

 

我就是住在你家裏的貧窮鬼。

我跟你住在一起已經四十幾年了。

 

你幼童時,你的家人認為你不聰明,但我從來沒有嘲笑你。

 

你長大後,你開始進入學校讀書並幫忙你的父親耕作。

你很認真地念書與工作,你希望可以進入官僚系統服務。

在那一段你感覺孤單的年輕歲月裡,我一直陪伴著你。

 

有一些住在你家中的其他的神常常對我說,你不可能實現你的理想。

他們斥責我,他們命令我趕緊離開你。

 

我被那些其他的神這樣嘲笑與羞辱,但我保持忍耐,因為我相信你。

 

我從來沒有因為你的窮困而離開你,這些年來,我一直都陪伴在你的身邊。

 

 

這句成語的意思是我身上的頭髮與汗毛全都豎立起來。這句成語被用來形容一個人非常的恐懼害怕的樣子。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你的生命中,誰是陪伴你最久的人呢?在你最低潮的時候,誰一直陪伴在你的身邊呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為唐-韓愈-送窮文

https://baike.baidu.hk/item/%E9%80%81%E7%AA%AE%E6%96%87/6843057

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...