6/02/2022

He returns to his original state(故態復萌)

 

He returns to his original state(故態復萌)

 

There was a famous official during the Tang Dynasty in China.

He is an outstanding writer, he is also a famous poet, his name is (Liu Yuxi).

 

He was demoted in his 30s, and he moved to Hunan province in southern China.

This period was a low point in his life.

 

The climate in Hunan Province is warm and humid.

One day, he took out one of his own knives that had not been used for several months, and found that the knife was rusted.

The knife had many black rust spots on it that looked like it was covered with flies.

 

He shared this with a good friend.

This friend gave him a whetstone.

After he received the gift, he sharpened the knife very carefully, and after several hours, the knife finally returned to its original very sharp state.

 

He wrote an article documenting the incident.

He took this opportunity to remind himself that although I am at a low point in my life now, like this knife, I will often use a whetstone to sharpen myself.

 

I should be strict with myself, and I should keep myself refreshed all the time.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person returning to his original state.

 

Dear friends, what are your feelings or thoughts after listening to this story?

Have you ever used a whetstone to sharpen a knife? Do you have any bad habits you want to correct?

I hope this story will give you something new to gain.

 



                                                此圖片來自於百度百科


 

故態復萌(He returns to his original state)

 

中國的唐王朝時代有一個著名的官員。

他是一位傑出的文學家,他也是一位著名的詩人,他的名字是(劉禹錫)

 

30幾歲的時候被降職,他到了中國南方的湖南省。

這段時間是他人生的一段低潮。

 

湖南省的氣候溫暖且潮濕。

有一天,他拿出自已的一把已經好幾個月沒用的刀,他發現這把刀子生鏽了。

這把刀子上面有許多黑色的鏽斑,看起來像是爬滿了許多蒼蠅。

 

他跟一個好朋友分享這件事。

這一個朋友就送他一塊磨刀石。

他收到這個禮物後就很細心地打磨這把刀,好幾個小時後,這把刀終於恢復成原本那種非常鋒利的狀態。

 

他寫了一篇文章記錄這件事情。

他藉著這個機會提醒自己,我現在雖然處於人生的低點,但我要像這把刀子一樣,經常用磨刀石來砥礪自已。

 

我應該嚴格的要求自己,我應該讓自已時刻保持精神抖擻的狀態。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人恢復成原本的狀態。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的感受或有怎樣的想法呢。

你有用過磨刀石磨刀嗎?你有那些想改正的不好的習慣呢?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為唐-劉禹錫-砥石賦

https://zh.m.wikisource.org/zh-hant/%E7%A0%A5%E7%9F%B3%E8%B3%A6%EF%BC%88%E6%9C%89%E5%BA%8F%EF%BC%89

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...