6/22/2022

His food is very lacking(朝韮暮鹽)

 

His food is very lacking(朝韮暮鹽)

 

During the Tang Dynasty in China, there was a famous official who was also a famous writer. His name is (Han Yu).


There is a very unique custom among ancient Chinese folk.

At that time, on the last day of the first month, people would put porridge and shabby clothes at the door of their homes to worship the poor ghosts.

People at the time believed that this was the only way to keep these poor ghosts away.


He wrote an interesting and meaningful article on this subject.

The gist of the fourth paragraph of this article is as follows.


You were assigned a few years ago to Guangdong Province in southern China, where the climate is humid and sultry.

I followed you to that strange place where the other ghosts bullied me too.

 

You were later transferred back to the capital from Guangdong province for four years, and in those days your financial situation was poor.

You only eat two meals a day, your first meal is porridge with some pickles, and your second meal is porridge with a little salt.

 

But when you are the poorest, I have always been by your side to protect you.

I never thought about leaving you, and I never said I would leave you, but why do you think I want to go somewhere else?

 

Someone separated our relationship, so you want to leave me?

 

I'm a ghost, I don't need to eat and I don't need a ride or a boat.

I can't use any of the things you prepared.

 

I am as lonely as you are and you are my only best friend.

 

If you know I have other partners and can tell me clearly then I will leave you right away.

 

This idiom means to describe a person who is very poor.

 

Dear friends, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Have you ever had the experience of being hungry for a long time? Have you ever been concerned about those people in the society who can't even get enough to eat?

I hope this story will give you something new to gain

 



                                                  此圖片來自百度百科




朝韮暮鹽(His food is very lacking)

 

中國的唐王朝時代,有一位著名的官員,他也是一個著名的文學家。他的名字是(韓愈)


中國古代民間有一種很有特色的風俗。

當時的人們會在正月的最後一天,在自己家的門口,放上稀飯與破舊的衣服祭拜貧窮鬼。

當時的人們認為,只有這樣做才可以使這些貧窮鬼遠離。

 

他以此為主題,寫過一篇有趣又含義深刻的文章。

這篇文章的第三段的大意如下。



你幾年前被派任到中國南方的廣東省,那裏氣候潮溼悶熱。

我跟著你到那個陌生的地方,那裏的其他鬼也都欺負我。

 

你後來被從廣東省調任回首都四年,在那些日子中,你的經濟狀況很差。

你一天只吃兩餐,你第一餐吃稀飯搭配點醬菜,你第二餐吃稀飯灑點鹽巴。

 

但在你最窮困的時候,我也一直在你的身邊保護你。

我從來都沒有想過要離開你,我口中也沒有說過要離開你的話,但是你為何會認為我想要到別的地方去呢?

 

有人離間我們兩人的感情,所以你才想要離開我嗎?

 

我是一個鬼,我不需要吃飯也不需要搭車或船。

你準備的這些東西我都用不到。

 

我跟你一樣孤獨,你是我唯一的最好的朋友。

 

如果你知道我有其他的夥伴並且可以清楚地告訴我,那麼我就會立刻離開你。

 

這句成語的意思是形容一個人非常貧窮。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你是否有過長時間處於飢餓的經驗嗎?你是否有關心過社會上有那些人連飯都吃不飽呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為唐-韓愈-送窮文

https://baike.baidu.hk/item/%E9%80%81%E7%AA%AE%E6%96%87/6843057

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...