8/05/2022

I only recognize a few simple and commonly used words(略識之無)

 

I only recognize a few simple and commonly used words(略識之無)

 

During the Tang Dynasty in China, there was a famous poet whose name was (Bai Juyi).

Once he wrote a letter to a good friend,

 

In the letter, he referred to his own learning experiences before the age of 20.

 

He says.

 

I recall my infancy when I was about seven months old.

My nurse held me and we stood in front of a screen.

 

The nurse pointed to the two characters on the screen and told me how to pronounce them.

I couldn't speak at the time, but I already remember these two words in my mind.

 

This was my first experience with words in my memory.

 

I started learning to write poetry when I was about 5 years old and could write rhyming poems by the age of 9.

When I was 15 years old, my family saw that I liked reading and encouraged me to take the imperial examinations in the future.

At that time, I was determined to take the imperial examinations and get good grades.

So for the next five years, I practiced writing prose during the day and read ancient classics at night.

And when I'm resting, I write poetry as my entertainment.

 

I get very little sleep each day, I have sores on my mouth and tongue from constant reading, and calluses on my fingers and elbows as I write so much every day.

 

My skin has lost its luster, I have grown a lot of grey hair, my eyesight has become very poor, and I often see a lot of throbbing little shadows in front of my eyes.

 

I was so hard at reading at that time.

 

 

This idiom is used to describe a person who is illiterate or unlearned.

There is another usage of this idiom. This idiom is used by some people who are very knowledgeable but want to be humble and express their limited knowledge when talking to others.

 

Dear friends, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Can you recall what happened when you were a baby? What was your learning experience?

I hope this story will give you something new to gain.

 





                                                            此圖片出自百度百科

 

I only recognize a few simple and commonly used words(略識之無)

 

中國的唐王朝時代有一個著名的詩人,他的名字是(白居易)

有一次他寫了一封信給一個好朋友,

 

他在這封信中提到他自己在20歲前的學習經歷。

 

他說。

我回憶起我的嬰兒時期,那時候的我大概只有七個月大。

我的奶媽抱著我,我們站在一個屏風前面。

 

奶媽指著屏風上的兩個字告訴我這兩個字怎麼念。

我那時候還無法說話,但在我的腦海中我已經記得這兩個字了。

 

這是我記憶中第一次接觸到文字的經驗。

 

5歲左右就開始學習寫詩,9歲的時候就可以寫出有押韻的詩了。

而到了我15歲的時候,我的家人看見我喜歡讀書,就鼓勵我以後去參加科舉考試。

我那時候就下定決心,一定要參加科舉考試並且獲得好成績。

因此在之後的五年內,我白天練習寫散文,晚上念古代的經典書籍。

而休息的時候,我就寫詩當作我的娛樂。

 

我每天的睡眠時間很少,我因為持續朗讀導致我的嘴巴與舌頭都生瘡,我每天寫太多字所以手指與手肘都磨出繭。

 

我的皮膚失去光澤,我長出了許多白髮,我的眼睛視力變得很差,我看東西時常會覺得眼前有很多跳動的小陰影。

 

我那時候就是如此努力的讀書。

 

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人不識字或毫無學問。

這句成語還有另一種用法。有些人很有學問但在與他人交談時想要謙遜的表示自己的知識量有限,就會用這句成語。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你可以回憶起你還在嬰兒時期所發生的事情嗎?你的學習經歷為何呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為白居易-與元九書

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/shiwenv_4f5e854b1169.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...