8/01/2022

The whole picture of Lushan(廬山真面目)

The whole picture of Lushan(廬山真面目)

 

(Su Shi) is the most outstanding writer and poet in Chinese history.

 

In 1084 he was transferred from (Huangzhou) to (Ruzhou).

 

On the way to take office, he went to (Lushan) for a few days with one of his good monk friends.

(Lushan) is a fairly well-known and beautiful mountain located in Jiangxi Province, China.

Many writers and poets in Chinese history have praised the beauty of this place.

 

Su Shi wrote several poems, one of which is as follows.

 

The (Lushan) I see from this position is an endless mountain range.

 

The (Lushan) I saw from another location was a steep peak.

 

When I stand at different heights and distances, I see different (Lushan).

 

I can't see the whole picture of (Lushan), and the (Lushan) I see is one-sided.

The reason for this result is because I am now on this (Lushan).


This idiom is used to describe the truth of a thing or the whole picture of a thing.

 

Dear friends, what are your feelings or thoughts after listening to this story?

Are the facts you see necessarily the facts? How can you avoid falling into the intolerance of your thinking?

I hope this story will give you something new to gain.




                                                              此圖片出處為維基百科


(蘇軾)是中國歷史上最傑出的文學家與詩人。

 

西元1084年他被從(黃州)調派到(汝洲)

 

在就任的途中,他與他的一位僧人好朋友一起到廬山玩了幾天。

廬山是位於中國的江西省的一座相當知名又美麗的山。

中國歷史上有許多的文學家與詩人都歌頌過這裡的美景。

 

蘇軾寫了好幾首詩,其中一首詩的內容如下。

 

我站在這個位置看到的廬山,是一片連綿不絕的山嶺。

 

我在另外一個位置看見的廬山,是一座陡然峭立的高峰。

 

我站的位置高低遠近不同時,我所看到的廬山都不一樣。

 

我無法看清廬山的全貌,我所看見的廬山都是片面的。

會造成這個結果的原因是因為我現在正身處在這座廬山上。

 

這句成語被用來形容一件事情的真相或是一件事情的全貌。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的感受或有怎樣的想法呢。

你是否你所看見的事實就一定是事實嗎?你如何避免自己陷入思維的偏狹呢?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為宋-蘇東坡-題西林壁

https://baike.baidu.hk/item/%E9%A1%8C%E8%A5%BF%E6%9E%97%E5%A3%81/4944716



精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...