8/29/2022

Yao li (要離)

Yao li (要離)

 

Yao li (要離)(BC? - 513 BC)

 

His surname is (Yao), and his parents gave him the name (Li).

 

Meaning of request. Important meaning. It is also one of the Chinese surnames.

Means to separate. Means to leave. It is also one of the Chinese surnames.

 

 

He is one of the most famous assassins in Chinese history.

His story is recorded in the history books.

 

During the Spring and Autumn Period in China, the king of the Wu Kingdom (Ji Liao) was assassinated by his cousin.

His cousin (Ji Guang) became the king of the Wu Kingdom.

 

(Ji Liao)'s son fled to the Kingdom of Wei. His son's name is (Ji Qingji).

(Ji Guang) was worried that his nephew would come to him for revenge.

 

A famous minister of the Wu Kingdom (Wu Zixu) recommended an assassin to (Ji Guang).

This assassin is (Yao Li).

 

(Ji Guang) The first impression of seeing him was not good. Because he is very thin and small.

 

(Ji Guang) said to him.

Your arms are so slender you shouldn't be able to lift a sword in one hand.

Your legs are so short, you should have to use a ladder to even get on the wagon.

(Ji Qingji) is a famous warrior, I don't think you can accomplish this task.

 

(Yao Li) replied.

A person should worry about not having enough courage and determination, rather than worrying that what he wants to do cannot be achieved.

 

I'm sure I can do this, but I need your help.

 

(Ji Guang) asked.

How can I assist you?

 

He answered.

You cut off my right arm, and you put me in jail, and then you arrange for me to escape.

After I escaped from prison, you took my wife and son and killed them.

This way I can complete the task.

 

(Ji Guang) said.

You and your family are innocent so I can't do this.

 

He answered.

If you're going to make my assassination successful, you've got to do it.

During your two years as king of the Kingdom of Wu, you have used many worthy people and treated all our people with kindness and justice, and all the people live in peace.

So I don't want a war, if I can kill (Ji Qingji), he won't be able to lead his accomplices to war against us.

 

(Ji Guang) Reluctantly agree.

 

A month later, (Yao Li) fled to Wei Kingdom and met (Ji Qingji).

 

(Ji Qingji) told him.

I have heard all about your tragic experience, and you are welcome to join me.

We are ready, we will launch an army this year against the kingdom of Wu, I will take back my throne and you can avenge your wife and son.

 

He gained the trust of (Ji Qingji).

A few months later, he successfully accomplished his assassination mission.

 

Dear friends, what inspiration or ideas do you have after listening to this story?

What sacrifice are you willing to make for your dream? If you were the king, would you agree to (Yao Li)'s request?

I hope this story will yield something to you.

 



                                                                  此圖片來自百度百科



要離(Yao li)(西元前?西元前513)

 

他的姓是(),他的父母給他取的名字是()

 

要求的意思。重要的意思。也是中國人的姓氏之一。

分離的意思。離開的意思。也是中國人的姓氏之一。

 

他是中國歷史上最著名的刺客之一。

歷史書上記載了他的故事。

 

中國的春秋時代,吳王國的國王(姬僚)被他的堂兄派人刺殺。

他的堂兄(姬光)成為吳王國的國王。

 

(姬僚)的兒子逃到衛王國。他的兒子的名字叫做(姬慶忌)

(姬光)很擔心他的侄兒會來找他報仇。

 

吳王國的著名大臣(伍子胥)(姬光)推薦了一個刺客。

這個刺客就是(要離)

 

(姬光)見到他的第一印象並不好。因為他很瘦個子又小。

 

(姬光)對他說。

你的手臂如此纖細,你應該無法一隻手舉起一隻劍。

你的腿那麼短,你應該連爬上馬車都要用梯子。

(姬慶忌)是一個著名的勇士,我認為你無法完成這項任務。

 

(要離)回答。

一個人應該擔心自己沒有足夠的勇敢與決心,而非擔心自己要做的事情無法實現。

 

我有把握可以完成這個任務,但是我需要你的協助。

 

(姬光)問。

我要怎樣協助你呢?

 

他回答。

你把我的右手臂砍斷,並且把我下入監牢,然後你要安排我逃獄。

等我逃獄成功後,你就抓住我的妻子與兒子並且殺了它們。

這樣我就可以完成任務。

 

(姬光)說。

你與你的家人是無辜的所以我不能這樣做。

 

他回答。

如果你要使我的暗殺行動成功,你就必須這樣做。

吳王國在你擔任國王的這兩年來,你用了很多賢能的人,並且以仁慈與正義對待我們所有的百姓,所有的百姓都生活在平安中。

所以我不想要發生戰爭,我若可以殺了(姬慶忌),他就無法率領他的同夥對我們發動征戰。

 

(姬光)勉強同意。

 

一個月後,(要離)逃到衛王國並見到(姬慶忌)

 

(姬慶忌)對他說。

你的悲慘經歷我都已經聽說了,歡迎你加入我的陣營。

我們已經準備好了,我們今年就會發動軍隊攻打吳王國,我會奪回屬於我的王位而你可以為你的妻子與兒子報仇。

 

他取得(姬慶忌)的信任。

幾個月後,他順利的達成了他暗殺的任務。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或是想法呢。

你願意為你的夢想做出怎樣的犧牲呢?你如果是國王,你會答應(要離)的要求嗎?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一點收穫。

 

出處為吳越春秋-闔閭內傳第4

https://zh.wikisource.org/wiki/%E5%90%B3%E8%B6%8A%E6%98%A5%E7%A7%8B/%E7%AC%AC004%E5%8D%B7

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...