9/08/2022

He shows all his talents(脫穎而出)

 

He shows all his talents(脫穎而出)

 

During the Warring States Period of China, there was an aristocrat in the Zhao Kingdom whose name was (Zhao Sheng).

He is the Prime Minister of the Zhao Kingdom, and his older brother is the King of the Zhao Kingdom.

 

261 BC. The army of the Qin Kingdom besieged the capital of the Zhao Kingdom.

He was given an important task and he had to form a special mission.

The mission of this regiment was to ask the Kingdom of Chu to send troops to help them repel the Kingdom of Qin.

 

The members of this mission must be highly skilled in martial arts to ensure his safety,

The members of this mission should also have enough wisdom to help him persuade the king of Chu Kingdom.

 

He selected 19 people out of 3,000 guests who met both criteria, one short of one.

 

At this time, a guest named (Mao Sui), who had been living in his house for three years, took the initiative to tell him.

I think I am fit to join this mission.

 

He thought for a moment, and he said to Mao Sui.

I once accidentally put an awl in a leather bag along with other items.

A few minutes after I carried the leather bag and stepped out of the door, the point of the awl pierced the leather bag and stabbed me.

 

This gave me a revelation.

If a person is very talented, then he is like a sharp awl, even if he is temporarily wrapped in a cloth bag, he will soon be discovered by others as long as he has the opportunity.

 

You have been my guest for three years, but I am very unfamiliar with you.

My mission this time is very important. I don't think you are suitable to join this mission. You should stay here.

 

When Mao Sui heard these words, he smiled and said.

I agree with the analogy you said very much, so I specially ask you to put me in this leather bag. As long as you let me enter this leather bag, you will soon find that this awl is not only pointed Pierce the leather bag, the awl is too sharp, the awl will pierce the leather bag, and the whole awl will be exposed.

 

After Mao Sui said these words, he looked at it firmly (Zhao Sheng)

 

(Zhao Sheng) Looking at Mao Sui's confident expression, he said after a few minutes.

OK, I'll give you this chance, I'll let you into this leather bag, you're the 20th member of this mission.

 

 

This idiom is used to describe a person who shows all his talents, and his talents surpass everyone else.

 

Dear friends, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Have you ever had a window of opportunity in your life that will change you? When you meet these windows of opportunity, are you prepared enough to seize this opportunity?

I hope this story will give you something new to gain.

 





                                                     此圖片出處為維基百科



脫穎而出(He shows all his talents)

 

中國的戰國時代,趙王國有一個貴族,他的名字是(趙勝)

他是趙王國的首相,他的哥哥是趙王國的國王。

 

西元前261年。秦王國的軍隊圍攻趙王國的首都。

他被賦予一個重要的任務,他必須組成一個特殊的使團。

這個團的任務是要去請求楚王國出兵協助他們擊退秦王國。

 

這個使團的成員必須武藝高強,才可以確保他的安全,

這個使團的成員也要有足夠的智慧協助他說服楚王國的國王。

 

他從3000位客人中選出符合這兩項條件的19個人,還差一位。

 

這時候,有一個名字叫做(毛遂),已經在他家住了三年的客人主動對他說。

我認為我適合加入這個使團。

 

他思考了一下,他對毛遂說。

我有一次不小心把一隻錐子與其他的物品一起放入一個皮袋中。

我揹起這個皮袋踏出家門口沒幾分鐘,錐子的尖頭就刺破皮袋並且刺到我。

 

這個讓我有一個啟示。

如果一個人很有才能,那麼他就如同一隻尖銳的錐子一樣,就算暫時被布袋所包裹,但只要一有機會很快就會被別人所發現。

 

你成為我的客人已經三年了,我卻對你非常的陌生。

我這一趟的任務非常重要,我認為你不適合加入這個使團,你留在這邊吧。

 

毛遂聽到這些話,他笑了笑,他說。

我很認同你說的這個比喻,所以我今天特別請你把我放在這個皮袋中,只要你讓我進入這個皮袋中,你很快地就會發現,這一支錐子不只尖頭會刺破皮袋,這隻錐子太銳利了,這隻錐子會劃破皮袋,讓整隻錐子全部顯露出來。

 

毛遂說完這些話後就很堅定地看著(趙勝)

 

(趙勝)看著毛遂充滿自信的表情,幾分鐘後,他說。

好的,我就給你這個機會,我讓你進入這個皮袋中,你就是這個使團的第20個成員。

 

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人顯露出自己全部的才能,這個人的才能超越眾人。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你的人生中,是否曾經有過會改變你的機會的窗口呢?你在遇見這些機會的窗口時,你是否已經準備了足夠的能力去把握住這個機會嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為史記-平原君虞卿列傳

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_163.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...