9/11/2022

His eloquence is very good(三寸之舌)

His eloquence is very good(三寸之舌)

 

During the Warring States Period of China, there was a person named Mao Sui in the Kingdom of Zhao.

He joined a 20-person mission led by (Zhao Sheng) to the Kingdom of Chu to seek military assistance.

 

Because of his assistance, this task can be successfully completed.

 

After the mission returned to China, (Zhao Sheng) delivered a speech at the celebration dinner.

 

I used to think I had the vision to tell if someone had talent, but now I know I don't.

 

 

In my home, at least 100 guests visit me every year, and sometimes more than 1,000 guests.

More than 3000 experts from all walks of life have become long-term guests of my house.

So for a long time, I have always felt that I have the vision to recognize whether a person is talented or not.

 

But after this incident, I realized that I haven't seen the value of Mr. (Mao Sui) for the past three years.

 

Because of Mr. Mao Sui's participation, in this visit, we have successfully suppressed the arrogance of the King of Chu Kingdom and made him agree to send troops to help.

The status and prestige of our Zhao Kingdom has been greatly improved among the various kingdoms.

 

Mr. (Mao Sui)'s tongue is only ten centimeters short, but it is stronger than an army of one million.

 

I'm so ashamed, I used to think I had the vision to tell if someone was talented, but now I know I don't.

 

Later (Mao Sui) became the most important guest of honor among all his guests, and became his most important staff and advisor.

 

 

The direct translation of this idiom means ten centimeters of tongue.

This idiom is used to describe a person who is very eloquent.

 

Dear friends, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Do you think eloquence might be more powerful than force? Have you ever had the experience of underestimating a person's true worth?

I hope this story will give you something new to gain.

 



                                                        此圖片來自百度百科


三寸之舌(His eloquence is very good)

 

中國的戰國時代,趙王國有一個人的名字是(毛遂)

他加入(趙勝)率領的20人的使團到楚王國去尋求軍事援助。

 

因為他的協助這件任務才能順利完成。

 

這個使團回國後,(趙勝)在慶祝餐會上,發表了一段演說。

 

我以前覺得我具備能夠辨識出一個人是否有才能的眼光,但我現在才知道我並沒有。

 

 

我的家中,每年至少都有100位客人來拜訪我,最多的時候還超過1000位客人。

有超過3000個各行各業的專家成為長期住在我家的客人。

因此長久下來,我一直覺得我已經具備可以辨識一個人是否有才能的眼光。

 

但是經過這一次的事件,我才發現我這三年來一直沒有看出(毛遂)先生的價值。

 

因為(毛遂)先生的參與,在這一次的出訪中,我們得已成功壓制住楚王國國王的傲慢並且讓他答應出兵援助。

我們趙王國的地位與威望在各個王國中大大提高。

 

(毛遂)先生的舌頭只有短短的十公分,但是卻比一百萬的軍隊還具有更強大的力量啊。

 

我太羞愧了,我以前覺得我具備能夠辨識出一個人是否有才能的眼光,但我現在才知道我並沒有。

 

後來(毛遂)成為他所有客人中最重要的貴賓,成為他最重要參謀與顧問。

 

 

這句成語直接翻譯的意思是十公分的舌頭。

這句成語被用來形容一個人的口才非常好。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你認為口才有可能會比武力夠有力量嗎?你是否有過低估一個人的真正價值的經驗呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

 

出處為史記-平原君虞卿列傳

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_163.html

 

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...