9/12/2022

Zhao Sheng(趙勝)

 

Zhao Sheng(趙勝) (BC? - 251 BC)

His surname is (Zhao), his parents gave him the name (Sheng), and he was born in Hebei Province, China.

 

It means to walk quickly. The name of a kingdom in ancient China. It is also one of the Chinese surnames.

Means victory. Means beyond.

 

He was a famous nobleman of the Zhao Kingdom during the Warring States Period in China.

There is a story about him in the history books.

 

He is the Prime Minister of the Zhao Kingdom, and his older brother is the King of the Zhao Kingdom.

He lives in a very tall house with several floors.

Next to his house are some low-rise bungalows.

 

One day, a neighbor came to visit him. This neighbor is a lame man.

 

He asks.

Why did you come to see me?

 

Said the neighbor.

When I brought a bucket of water home today, I heard a lot of laughter from the second floor of your house.

I turned my head and I saw one of your concubines was laughing at me.

I felt insulted and I was angry.

You must punish her severely.

 

He found the concubine and asked her.

Did you laugh at him?

 

The concubine's attitude was very frivolous, she said with a laugh.

He walked with a limp and wobbled, and his movements were really comical.

The water in his bucket kept overflowing because of the shaking.

If you see that situation you will laugh too.

 

The neighbor got even more angry when he heard the concubine's answer.

Said the neighbor.

I am lame because of misfortune, but I do my duty, and I am a man of high morals.

How can she laugh at me because of my disability?

She laughed at me, and she didn't feel like she made a mistake.

Her attitude was so bad, she seriously insulted me.

You must kill her and apologise to me formally, only by doing so will you be able to take away my anger.

 

He told the neighbor.

OK

 

But after the neighbor was gone, he put his arms around his beautiful concubine, and he smiled to his friends and guests.

This man is so ridiculous, how could I kill my beautiful concubine just because my concubine laughed at him?

 

Since his wealth and power far surpassed that of the lame neighbor, although the neighbor was very angry that he had been insulted, there was nothing he could do.

 

Half a year later, at a luncheon one day, he said respectfully to all his guests.

I want to ask you a question, please answer me honestly.

 

His guests all fell silent to listen to him.

 

He says.

I am very puzzled.

I have maintained a courteous and respectful attitude towards all my guests over the years.

But I found that this year a very large number of guests left my house and very few guests came to visit me.

Am I doing something wrong?

I am very confused.

 

A few minutes later, a guest said.

I think I can answer your question because I want to leave your house too.

 

Those of us who come to you have special expertise. We come to you because we think that you attach great importance to talents, and we have the opportunity to give full play to our abilities here.

 

But what happened a year ago, you favored your pretty concubine, and you didn't do justice for your lame but virtuous neighbor.

 

Your actions show that you do not genuinely respect those of us with high morals and special expertise, so many of us want to leave.

 

After he heard this, he fell silent.

The next day, he killed the beautiful concubine who mocked the neighbor, and he personally went to the lame neighbor's house to apologize to him.

 

In the next few months, talents from various kingdoms began to return to his home one after another to work for him.

 

Dear friends, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

If you were him, what choice would you make in the end? Have you ever looked down on those who are weaker than you?

I hope this story will give you something new to gain.

 



                                                    此圖片來自於百度百科


 

趙勝(Zhao Sheng)(西元前?-西元前251)

他的姓是(),他的父母給他取的名字是(),他出生地位於在中國的河北省。

 

快步走路的意思。中國古代的一個王國名。也是中國人的姓氏之一。

勝利的意思。超越的意思。

 

他是中國戰國時代趙王國一個著名的貴族。

歷史書上記載過一個關於他的故事。

 

他是趙王國的首相,他的哥哥是趙王國的國王。

他住在一間很高大的房屋內,他家有好幾層樓。

他家旁邊就是一些低矮的平房。

 

有一天,有一位鄰居來拜訪他。這位鄰居是一個跛腳的人。

 

他問。

請問你為何來找我呢?

 

這個鄰居說。

我今天提一桶水回家時,我聽到你家的二樓發出大笑聲。

我轉頭一看,我看見你的一個妾正在嘲笑我。

我覺得我受到侮辱,我很生氣。

你必須嚴厲的處罰她。

 

他找來那一個妾並問她。

妳是否有嘲笑他呢。

 

這個妾態度很輕浮,大笑的說。

他走路一跛一跛又東搖西晃,他的動作真的非常滑稽。

他的水桶中的水因為晃動所以一直溢出來。

如果你看到那種情況你也會笑的。

 

這個鄰居聽見這個妾的回答,他更生氣了。

這個鄰居說。

我因為遭遇不幸所以變成跛子,但我謹守本分,我是一個道德高尚的人。

她怎麼可以因為我的殘疾而嘲笑我呢?

她嘲笑我,而且她不覺得自己犯了錯。

她的態度太差了,她嚴重的污辱了我。

你必須殺了她並且向我正式道歉,你只有這樣做才能夠消除我的怒氣。

 

他就對這個鄰居說。

好的。

 

但是這個鄰居走了之後,他摟著他的這位漂亮的妾,他笑著對他的朋友與客人們說。

這個人太荒謬了,我怎可能因為我的妾嘲笑他,就殺了我這個漂亮的妾呢?

 

由於他的財力與勢力遠遠超過那個跛腳的鄰居,所以那個鄰居雖然很氣憤自已受到侮辱,但也無可奈何。

 

這件事情過了半年,他有一天在一場午宴中,他很恭敬的對他所有的賓客說。

我想請教各位一個問題,請你們老實地回答我。

 

他的賓客都安靜下來聽他說話。

 

他說。

我非常納悶。

我這些年來,我對所有客人都保持禮貌與尊敬的態度。

但是我發現今年有非常多的客人離開我的家,來拜訪我的客人也變得非常少。

我是否做錯了甚麼呢?

我感到非常困惑。

 

幾分鐘後,有一個賓客說。

我想我可以回答你這個問題,因為我也想要離開你家。

 

我們這些來你這裡的人,每個人都有特殊的專長,我們來到你這裡,就是認為你非常的重視人才,我們在你這裡有機會充分發揮自己的能力。

 

但是一年前的那件事情,你偏袒你那位漂亮的妾,你不為那位跛腳卻道德高尚的鄰居主持正義。

 

你的行為表現出你不是真心的尊重我們這些道德高尚與有特殊專長的人,所以我們很多人都想離開。

 

他聽到這話之後,他沉默了。

隔天,他殺了那一個嘲笑鄰居的漂亮的妾,他親自到那個跛腳的鄰居家跟他道歉。

 

在接下來的幾個月,各個王國的人才,又開始陸陸續續地回到他家為他效力。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你如果是他,你最後會做出甚麼選擇呢?你是否曾經輕視過那些比你弱勢的人呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為史記-平原君虞卿列傳

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_163.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...