10/16/2022

I cherish this worn-out broom that I have. (敝帚自珍)

 

 

I cherish this worn-out broom that I have. (敝帚自珍)

 

During the Han Dynasty in China, historians divide it into the Western Han Dynasty (202 BC-8 AD) and the Eastern Han Dynasty (25 AD-220 AD).

 

The Eastern Han Dynasty had a famous general named (Wu Han).

His story is recorded in the history books.

 

A warlord occupied the city of Chengdu, and the king ordered him to lead an army to attack the warlord.

After several difficult battles, he finally succeeded in defeating this warlord.

 

After he captured the city of Chengdu, he killed the warlord's family.

At the same time he made a wrong decision, he allowed all the soldiers to rob the property of the people in the city.

 

He had a loyal subordinate who advised him.

Your decision is wrong, please restrain these soldiers.

 

The city was occupied by warlords, but the people did not make a mistake.

Each of us cherishes what we own.

For example, I have a worn-out broom at home, but I have been reluctant to replace it, and I have always cherished the use of it.

 

All the people in this city are also the people of our Han Dynasty. We should treat them with justice and not allow these soldiers to snatch their property.

 

The direct translation of this idiom means that I cherish this worn-out broom that I have.

This idiom means that this thing is not good, but because this thing is owned by me, I cherish it very much


 Dear friends, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

What is the item in your home that you value the most? What is the reason you value this item the most?

I hope this story will give you something new to gain.

 



                                                              此圖片來自百度百科


敝帚自珍(I cherish this worn-out broom that I have.)

 

中國的漢王朝時代,歷史學家將其分為西漢王朝(西元前202-西元8)與東漢王朝(西元25-西元220)

 

東漢王朝有一個著名的將軍,這個將軍的名字叫做(吳漢)

歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

有一個軍閥佔領成都這座城市,國王命令他率領了一支軍隊去攻打這個軍閥。

經過幾次艱難的戰役後,他終於成功擊敗這一個軍閥。

 

他攻下的成都這座城市後,他殺了這個軍閥的一家人。

與此同時他做了一個錯誤的決定,他允許所有的士兵們搶奪這座城市中的百姓的財產。

 

他有一個忠心的部下勸告他。

你這個決定是錯誤的,請你約束這些士兵們。

 

這座城市被軍閥所佔領,但是這些人民並沒有犯錯。

我們每個人都會很珍惜自己所擁有的物品。

舉一個例子,我家裡有一隻破舊的掃把,但是我一直捨不得更換,我一直很珍惜的使用。

 

這座城市中的所有百姓也都是我們漢王朝的人民,我們應該要用正義去對待他們,而不適任憑這些士兵們去搶奪他們的財物。

 

這句成語直接翻譯的意思是我很珍惜我所擁有的這隻破舊的掃把。

這句成語的意思是這東西雖不好,但因為這件東西被我所擁有,所以我非常珍視

 

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你最重視的你家中的東西是那一件呢?你最重視這件物品的原因是什麼呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為東觀漢記-卷一-世祖光武皇帝

https://ctext.org/wiki.pl?if=gb&chapter=865624

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...