10/25/2022

Unexpected happiness and unforeseen disasters(毋望之福毋望之禍)

 Unexpected happiness and unforeseen disasters(毋望之福毋望之禍)

 

During the Warring States Period of China, the Kingdom of Chu had a prime minister whose name was (Huang Xie).

There is a story about him in the history books.

 

In his 25th year as prime minister, the king of the Chu Kingdom became seriously ill.

 

He has a very close guest named (Zhu Ying).

(Zhu Ying) said to him.

Each of us in this world will encounter some unforeseen happiness and some unforeseen disasters.

 

We live in a world full of change, and we also get help from some unexpected people.

 

He asks.

I don't understand what you're trying to say? Why are you saying these words to me all of a sudden?

 

Zhu Ying said.

You have been the prime minister of the Chu Kingdom for 25 years.

The king of the Chu Kingdom is now seriously ill and may die at any time, but the crown prince is still very young.

 

I can expect that after the death of the king of Chu Kingdom, you will become the most powerful person in Chu Kingdom.

For you, this is a sudden happiness.

 

He nodded in agreement.

 

Zhu Ying said.

After the queen gave birth to a prince a few years ago, her brother was promoted to an important position within the central government.

The Queen's brother is now second only to you, and his power ranks third in the entire kingdom.

 

According to my observation, the elder brother of the queen has always wanted to replace you as the prime minister of the Kingdom of Chu.

The Queen's older brother is a man with a strong desire for power, and he will do anything he can.

 

According to my information, he has secretly recruited a group of killers.

I think after the death of the king of Chu Kingdom, the queen's elder brother will launch an assassination on you.

 

After he heard these words, he asked Zhu Ying.

So what do you think I should do?

 

Zhu Ying replied.

You should immediately place me in a position as the king's personal bodyguard.

If the king of the Chu Kingdom passed away, all the important ministers in the central government would immediately go to the palace to negotiate how to hold the king's funeral. The Queen's brother was no exception.

I will use this opportunity to assassinate the queen's brother.

 

After I assassinate him, I will be killed by the other guards. But I'm still willing to do it.

You are my best friend, and I am grateful for your care and trust in me over the years.

I hope to repay your kindness to me, and I am willing to sacrifice my life for you.

 

He smiled and said to Zhu Ying.

I think you are thinking too much. You must not try to assassinate the Queen's brother.

The Queen's brother is a weak man, and I have a good relationship with him, and I don't think there is any chance that he would want to assassinate me.

 

He rejected (Zhu Ying)'s suggestion.

 

This idiom means unforeseen happiness and unforeseen misfortune

 

Dear friends, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Have you ever encountered those unexpected disasters? Have you ever been helped by those unexpected people?

I hope this story will give you something new to gain.

 



                                               此圖片來自於百度百科


毋望之福毋望之禍(Unexpected happiness and unforeseen disasters)

 

中國的戰國時代,楚王國有一個首相,他的名字叫做(黃歇)

歷史書上記載過一個關於他的故事。

 

他當宰相的第25年,楚王國的國王病重。

 

他有一個很親近的客人叫做(朱英)

(朱英)對他說。

我們每個人活在這個世界上會遇到一些無法預料到的幸福,也會遇到一些無法預料到的災禍。

 

我們生活在這個充滿變化的世界,我們也會得到一些意想不到的人的幫助。

 

他問。

我不懂你要表達什麼?你為何突然對我說這些話呢?

 

朱英說。

你擔任楚王國的宰相已經25年。

楚王國的國王現在病重可能隨時會離世,但是王儲的年紀還非常小。

 

我可以預料到在楚王國的國王離世後,你會成為楚王國最有權力的人。

這件事情對你而言,就是突然出現的幸福。

 

他點頭表示同意。

 

朱英說。

皇后幾年前生下了王子之後,她的哥哥就被提拔擔任中央政府內的重要官員。

皇后的哥哥現在的地位僅次於你,他的權力在整個王國中排行第三。

 

根據我的觀察,皇后的哥哥一直想要取代你成為被楚王國的首相。

皇后的哥哥是一個權力慾望非常強的人,他不擇手段。

 

根據我的情報,他已經偷偷地招募了一批殺手。

我認為在楚王國的國王離世後,皇后的哥哥就會發動對你的暗殺。

 

他聽到這些話後,他問朱英。

那你認為我應該要做些什麼事情呢?

 

朱英回答。

你應該立刻為我安排一個職位,讓我擔任國王的貼身護衛。

如果楚王國的國王過世,中央政府內的所有重要的大臣都要立刻到皇宮中協商如何舉辦國王的喪禮。皇后的哥哥也不例外。

我會利用這個機會刺殺皇后的哥哥。

 

我刺殺他之後,我會被其他的衛兵殺死。但是我還是願意這樣做。

你是我最好的朋友,我很感激你這幾年來對我的照顧與信任。

我希望可以報答你對我的恩情,我願意為你犧牲我的生命。

 

他笑著對朱英說。

我認為你太多慮了,你千萬不要想去刺殺皇后的哥哥。

皇后的哥哥是一個軟弱的人,我跟他的關係很好,我認為他絕對不可能想要暗殺我。

 

他拒絕了(朱英)的建議。

 

這句成語的意思是無法預料的幸福與無法預料的災禍 

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你有遇過那些意外的災禍呢?你是否曾經得到那些意想不到的人的幫助呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為史記-春申君列傳

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_165.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...