12/06/2022

 

He's fair and he doesn't take sides(不偏不黨)

 

In the Han Dynasty of China, there was a humorous, funny and upright official named (Dongfang Shuo).

He lived from 154 BC to 93 BC.

 

He was about the same age as the seventh king of the Han Dynasty (Liu Che), and many stories about the two of them are recorded in history books.

 

The king had a younger sister, with whom he had a good relationship, but his sister died early.

His sister has an only child.

 

When his nephew grew up, he committed murder and was detained. The officials of the judicial unit did not know how to sentence him, so they asked the king for advice.

 

The king thought for a long time, and he made a painful decision with tears in his eyes.

He told officials of the judicial unit.

I love my nephew very much, but I cannot violate the laws made by my ancestors.

If I forgive him, then how can I ask all the people to abide by the law?

You sentence him to death according to the law.

 

On the day the king's nephew was executed, the king was in a very bad mood.

 

When the king was having lunch with Dongfang Shuo, Dongfang Shuo picked up the wine glass and said to the king.

I want to invite you to drink with me.

 

A good king, when rewarding and punishing a person, will not make a difference because of the person's status.

There is another important classic in ancient times that said so.

If a leader is fair and does not take sides, then the kingdom will be strong and prosperous.

 

You upheld justice, you let your nephew be sentenced to death, this is a very difficult decision, many great kings could not do it but you did it.

I believe that people all over the country will respect you more because of this.

 

After the king heard these words, he was a little angry, and he said to Dongfang Shuo.

I thank you for your compliments, but I think today is a very bad time.

 

Dongfang Shuo replied.

Excessive happiness and sadness will affect a person's mental health, and if a person's psychology is not healthy, his physiology will also be affected.

 

People in ancient times believed that drinking can eliminate a person's sorrow and boredom, so I should invite you to drink with me today.

I do this to calm your mind quickly.

 

I am not a smart person, if my behavior makes you feel worse, I am willing to accept punishment.

 

The king did not punish him after hearing these words.

the king said to him. Thank you, these things you said made me more sure that my decision was right.

I will get out of this sad mood as soon as possible.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person who is fair and does not take sides.

 

Dear friend, what kind of inspiration or thought do you have after hearing this story?

If you see your friend in a bad mood, how would you comfort your friend? Do you consider yourself a fair person?

I hope this story can give you some new harvest.

 


                                                               圖片出處為維基百科



不偏不黨(He's fair and he doesn't take sides)

 

 

中國的漢王朝有一個幽默又風趣又正直的官員,他的名字是(東方朔)

他生活的年代是西元前154年到西元前93年。

 

他與漢王朝的第七任國王(劉徹)的年齡相近,歷史書上記載了很多關於他們兩個人的故事。

 

國王有一個妹妹,他與他的妹妹的感情很好,但他的妹妹很早就離世了。

他的妹妹有一個獨生子。

 

他的侄兒長大後犯了殺人罪所以被羈押,司法單位的官員不知道該如何判刑,便請示國王的意見。

 

國王思考了很久,他流著眼淚做了一個痛苦的決定。

他對這個司法單位的官員說。

我很愛我的侄兒,但是我不能違背祖先們制定的法律。

如果我饒恕他,那麼我之後要怎樣要求所有百姓們都必須遵守法律呢?

你依照法律處他死刑。

 

國王的侄兒執行死刑的那一天,國王的心情非常的不好。

 

國王與東方朔一起午餐的時候,東方朔拿起酒杯對國王說。

我要邀請你與我一起喝酒。

 

一個好的國王,獎賞與處罰一個人的時候,不會因為這個人的身分而有所區別。

古代還有一本重要的經典中如此說。

如果一個領導者很公平而且不偏袒任一方,那麼這個王國就會強盛與興旺。

 

你維持司法的公正,你讓你的侄兒被判處死刑,這是一個很困難的決定,很多偉大的國王都做不到但是你卻做到了。

我相信我們全國的百姓都會因此而更加尊敬你。

 

國王聽到這些話後,他有點生氣,他對東方朔說。

我謝謝你對我的讚美,但我認為今天是一個很不好的時間點。

 

東方朔回答。

過度的快樂與悲傷都會影響一個人的心理健康,而一個人的心理如果不健康那麼這個人的生理也會受到影響。

 

古代的人們認為,喝酒可以消除一個人的憂愁與煩悶,所以我今天才會應邀請你與我一起喝酒。

我這樣做是為了讓你的心情快點恢復平靜。

 

我是一個不聰明的人,如果我的行為讓你感覺到心情更不好了,我願意接受處罰。

 

國王聽完這些話後沒有處罰他。

國王對他說。謝謝你,你說的這些話讓我更加確定我的決定是對的。

我會盡快走出這個悲傷的情緒。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人很公平而且不偏袒任何一方。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你如果看到你的朋友心情不好時,你會怎樣安慰你的朋友呢?你認為自已是一個公平的人嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為漢書-東方朔傳

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_3817.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...