12/02/2022

His eyes are like a bright pearl(目若懸珠) / His teeth are like a row of neatly arranged shells(齒如編貝)

His eyes are like a bright pearl(目若懸珠)

His teeth are like a row of neatly arranged shells(齒如編貝)

 

In the Han Dynasty of China, there was a humorous, funny and upright official named (Dongfang Shuo).

 

He lived from 154 BC to 93 BC.

 

He was about the same age as the seventh king of the Han Dynasty (Liu Che), and many stories about the two of them are recorded in history books.

 

In 141 BC, (Liu Che) became king of the Han Dynasty.

He wrote a self-recommendation letter.

he said in the letter.

 

My father and mother passed away when I was young. My brother and sister-in-law raised me, and I am very grateful to them.

I started reading when I was 13 years old, I worked very hard, I spent 3 years training myself, I have very good calligraphy and writing skills.

 

I learned swordsmanship when I was 15 years old, and began to study many classic books handed down from Chinese history when I was 16 years old. I spent 3 years studying these classic books in depth.

 

I have been studying Sun Tzu's Art of War since I was 19 years old, and I am very interested in how to train soldiers and war-related knowledge.

 

I have read them repeatedly, and I have memorized almost all the contents of these books.

 

I am very tall, my height is 210 cm, my eyes are like a bright pearl,

My teeth are like a row of neatly arranged shells.

 

I am brave and my movements are quick. I have integrity and I am very trustworthy.

People like me are too rare, you must make me an official of the central government.

 

His self-recommendation letter is different from others, he has no humility, and he keeps praising himself in the letter.

(Liu Che) became very curious about him, so he entered the second stage of the interview.

 

He passed the second stage of the interview.

He was sent to the palace as a low-ranking official with little salary.

 

The first idiom is used to describe a person's bright eyes.

The second idiom is used to describe a person's teeth are neat.

 

Dear friend, what kind of inspiration or thought do you have after hearing this story?

Have you ever written a self-recommendation letter? How would you describe your experience and your personality?

I hope this story can give you some new harvest.

 




                                                         此圖片來自維基百科




目若懸珠(His eyes are like a bright pearl)

齒如編貝(His teeth are like a row of neatly arranged shells)

 

中國的漢王朝有一個幽默又風趣又正直的官員,他的名字是(東方朔)

 

他生活的年代是西元前154年到西元前93年。

 

他與漢王朝的第七任國王(劉徹)的年齡相近,歷史書上記載了很多關於他們兩個人的故事。

 

西元前141年,(劉徹)成為漢王朝的國王。

他寫了一封自我推薦信。

他在這封信中說。

 

我的父親與母親在我的小的時候就過世了,我的哥哥與嫂嫂撫養我長大,我很感謝他們。

13歲才開始讀書,我非常的用功,我花了3年訓練自已,我擁有很好的書法與寫作的能力。

 

15歲的時候學習劍法,16歲開始學習中國歷史上流傳下來的許多經典書籍,我花了3年深入地研究這些經典書籍。

 

我從19歲開始學習孫子兵法,我對於裡面如何訓練士兵與戰爭相關的知識非常有興趣。

 

我都不斷地重複閱讀,這些書的內容我幾乎都全部被背下來了。

 

我長得很高,我的身高有210公分,我的眼睛就如同一顆明亮的珍珠,

我的牙齒就如同一排排列整齊地的貝殼。

 

我很勇敢、我的動作很敏捷。我很正直我又非常守信用。

像我這樣的人太稀罕了,你一定要讓我成為中央政府的官員。

 

他的這封自薦信與其他人都不相同,他毫不謙遜,他在信中不斷讚美自己。

(劉徹)對他產生了很大的好奇心,所以他進入了第二階段的面試。

 

他通過了第二階段的面試。

他被派任到皇宮擔任一個薪水很少的低階官員。

 

第一句成語被用來形容一個人的眼睛明亮。

第二句成語被用來形容一個人的牙齒整齊。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你寫過自我推薦信呢?你會怎樣描述你的經歷與你的個性呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為漢書-東方朔傳

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_3817.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...