12/16/2022

I decided to join the army(投筆從戎)

 

I decided to join the army(投筆從戎)

 

In the Eastern Han Dynasty, there was a famous general named (Ban Chao).

History books record a story about him.

 

His father and elder brother are both famous historians, his personality is different from his father and elder brother, his personality is very bold.

 

He is a very responsible and hard-working person. Sometimes his father entrusts him with some heavy and low-level tasks, and he also does his best to complete them.

 

He is less fond of reading, and his knowledge is not as rich as his father and brother.

 

When he came of age, his father helped him find a job.

This job is to help copy government documents by hand.

 

He finds the job boring.

 

A few months after he took this job, one afternoon, he looked at so many official documents piled up in front of him, and he became more and more angry as he wrote. He stood up and threw the pen on the ground vigorously.

 

He shouted, I don't want to do this job anymore, I don't want to write these boring official documents for the rest of my life.

I want to be like the famous generals of the Eastern Han Dynasty, go to the frontier to fight against the enemy, I want to join the army, and I want to be a great general.

 

He expressed his ambition to his father, and he embarked on a career in the army.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person who decides to join the army.

 

Dear friend, what kind of inspiration or thought do you have after hearing this story?

If you were him, would you follow your own interests and choose the job you want to do? If you were his father, would you support his decision?

I hope this story can give you some new harvest.

 




                                                        此圖片來自百度百科




投筆從戎(I decided to join the army)

 

東漢王朝有一個著名的將軍,這個將軍的名字叫做(班超)

歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

他的父親與哥哥都是著名的史學家,他的個性與他的父親和哥哥不同,他的個性很豪爽。

 

他是一個很負責任而且很勤勞的人,他的父親有時候交代他一些粗重與低下的工作,他也都盡心盡力的去完成。

 

他比較不喜歡念書,他的知識不像他的父親與哥哥一樣那麼豐富。

 

他成年後,他的父親幫他找了一個工作。

這個工作就是幫忙手抄政府公文。

 

他覺得這個工作很無趣。

 

他做這份工作幾個月後,有一天的下午,他看著堆在自已面前那麼多的公文,他愈寫愈生氣,他站起來,把筆用力地丟在地上。

 

他大喊,我不想做這個工作了,我不願意一輩子寫這些無聊的公文。

我想要跟東漢王朝那些著名的將軍一樣,到邊疆去與敵人征戰,我想要去從軍,我也要成為一個偉大的將軍。

 

他跟他的父親表明他的志向,他從此踏上了軍旅的生涯。

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人決定要從軍。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你如果是他,你會順從自已的興趣選擇自已想做的工作嗎?你如果是他的父親你會支持他的決定嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為東觀漢記-東觀漢記-16-班超列傳

https://ctext.org/dong-guan-han-ji/ban-chao/zh

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...