12/05/2022

I give all these things to my wife(歸遺細君)

 

I give all these things to my wife(歸遺細君)

 

In the Han Dynasty of China, there was a humorous, funny and upright official named (Dongfang Shuo).

He lived from 154 BC to 93 BC.

 

He was about the same age as the seventh king of the Han Dynasty (Liu Che), and many stories about the two of them are recorded in history books.

 

According to historical records, the Chinese in the Han Dynasty had already started to eat all kinds of barbecue.

 

One day at the end of July, the king gave a large piece of barbecue to the department where Dongfang Shuo worked.

In order to distribute the roast fairly, the king appointed a commissioner to be responsible for distributing the roast.

 

It was five o'clock in the afternoon that day, and the commissioner responsible for distributing the barbecue had not yet appeared.

 

He stood up suddenly, and he drew the sword he carried with him.

He cut off a piece of barbecue and held it in his hand, he turned his head and said to all his colleagues.

 

According to the calendar handed down from ancient times, the period from mid-July to mid-August is the hottest, humid and sultry period of the year.

 

So during this period, as soon as the sun goes down, everyone should go home immediately.

It's getting dark, and I'm going home with the piece of meat I just cut.

 

His colleagues were too surprised to speak.

 

The next day, the king specially summoned him.

 

The king said to him.

Yesterday you did not observe the etiquette in the palace, you cut off a piece of roast meat yourself.

 

He answered.

I'm sorry for my behavior yesterday.

 

Said the king.

You must examine yourself.

 

He says.

I do need to examine myself.

I accepted the king's reward, but I did not wait for the commissioner in charge to distribute it. I violated the rules of the palace.

But I took out my side sword and cut a piece of flesh, which I did very manly.

I only cut a small piece of flesh, which shows my integrity and temperance.

After I got home, I gave the whole piece of meat to my wife. From this, I can see how much I love my wife.

 

The king laughed and said to him when he heard these words.

I command you to examine yourself, but why do you boast about yourself.

 

You gave your wife all the meat yesterday, and I think you deserve a reward for that.

Today I reward you with some wine and some meat, and you take them home to share with your wife.

 

 

This idiom means I give these things to my wife.

This idiom is used to describe a couple's relationship is very good.

 

Dear friend, what kind of inspiration or thought do you have after hearing this story?

When you get something precious, who do you most want to share it with? What is the most precious gift you have ever given your spouse?

I hope this story can give you some new harvest.

 




                                                      圖片來自中國考古網站



歸遺細君(I give all these things to my wife)

 

中國的漢王朝有一個幽默又風趣又正直的官員,他的名字是(東方朔)

他生活的年代是西元前154年到西元前93年。

 

他與漢王朝的第七任國王(劉徹)的年齡相近,歷史書上記載了很多關於他們兩個人的故事。

 

根據歷史書的資料,漢王朝的中國人就已經開始吃各式各樣的烤肉。

 

有一年的七月底的某一天,國王把一大塊烤肉賜給(東方朔)所任職的那個部門。

為了公平的分配這塊烤肉,國王指定了一個專員負責分配這塊烤肉。

 

那一天到了下午五點,那個負責分發烤肉的專員都還沒出現。

 

他突然站起來,他抽出自己隨身攜帶的配劍。

他割下了一塊烤肉並且拿在手上,他轉頭對所有的同事們說。

 

按照古代流傳下來的曆法,每年的大約七月中到八月中的這段時間,是一年中氣温最高且又潮濕、悶熱的時段。

 

所以在這一段期間內只要太陽下山,所有人就應該立刻回家。

天已經黑了,我要帶著我剛才切下的這塊肉先回家了。

 

他的同事們都驚訝到說不出話。

 

第二天,國王特地召見他。

 

國王對他說。

昨天你沒有遵守皇宮中的禮儀,你自行割下一塊烤肉。

 

他回答。

我為我昨天的行為感到抱歉。

 

國王說。

你必須自我檢討。

 

他說。

我的確需要自我檢討。

我接受國王的賞賜,但我卻沒有等負責的專員來分配,我違反了皇宮內的規矩。

不過我拿出我的配劍割下一塊肉,我的這個行為非常有男子氣概。

我只割下一小塊肉,這顯示出我的清廉與有節制阿。

我回家後把那一塊肉全部給我的妻子吃,從這點可以看出我多麼的深愛我的妻子阿。

 

國王聽到這些話後笑著對他說。

我命令你自我檢討,但是你為何自我吹捧。

 

你把昨天那些肉都給了你的妻子,我認為你這件行為值得獎勵。

我今天再賞賜你一些酒與一些肉,你帶回家與你的妻子一起共享。

 

 

這句成語的意思是我把這些東西交給我的妻子。

這句成語被用來形容一對夫妻的感情很好。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你在獲得珍貴的東西的時候,你最想要跟誰分享呢?你送過給你的配偶的最珍貴的禮物是什麼呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為漢書-東方朔傳

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_3817.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...