12/19/2022

I miss my hometown(代馬依風)

I miss my hometown(代馬依風)

 

In the Eastern Han Dynasty, there was a famous general named (Ban Chao).

History books record a story about him.

 

He is a great general.

He defeated more than 50 kingdoms successively in Gansu Province, Qinghai Province, Inner Mongolia, and Xinjiang Province in China, as well as parts of Central Asia.

He became the supreme military commander of this vast region.

 

At the age of 68, he wrote a letter to the king.

 

When a fox in the wild is dying, the fox's head is turned in the direction of its birthplace.

When the wind blows from the north, many horses born in the north will make a sad cry.

 

I am very old, and I may die at any moment, but I dare not look in the direction of the capital, because it would make me very sad.

 

If I die tomorrow, my soul will remain in this desolate desert.

I am willing to stick to my post until the moment I die.

But please let me retire if you like, I hope to see the scenery of my hometown again before I die.

 

But because he was too important to the stability of the border, the king did not grant his request.

 

Two years later, his sister also wrote a letter to the king on his behalf.

My brother has been stationed in that far frontier for the Han Dynasty for 31 years.

It was a dangerous environment. My brother always fought forward in every battle. He was seriously injured several times. He almost died several times.

 

Those people who went to the border with him at the beginning are all dead, and he is the only one left alive.

He is seventy years old this year. He is old and sick.

His hair was all white, his movements were clumsy, and his judgment had deteriorated.

 

I haven't seen him for more than 30 years, and I have almost forgotten what he looks like.

 

He is a very responsible person, but he is really too old. If there is a major war on the border now, although he is willing in his heart, his body can no longer be as strong as when he was young.

 

He wants to return to China very much and our family misses him very much. We implore the king to arrange a successor for him as soon as possible so that he can return to the capital to reunite with our family.

 

Let him enjoy the last moments of his life.

 

The king was moved by the letter.

A few days after the king read the letter, he sent a young general to take his place.

 

Ban Chao officially retired when he was 71 years old, and he returned to the capital of the Han Dynasty in August of the same year.

In September of that year, he passed away. He died peacefully and contentedly in his hometown.

 

The direct translation of this idiom means that the horse from the north screams because of the wind blowing from the north.

This idiom is used to describe a person who misses his hometown.

 

Dear friend, what kind of inspiration or thought do you have after hearing this story?

Where is your hometown? If you could choose, where would you want to die?

I hope this story can give you some new harvest.

 




                                             此圖片來自維基百科



代馬依風(I miss my hometown)

 

東漢王朝有一個著名的將軍,這個將軍的名字叫做(班超)

歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

他是一個偉大的將軍。

他在現在中國的甘肅省、青海省、內蒙古、與新疆省,還有部分中亞的地區接連打敗了50幾個王國。

他成為這個廣大區域的最高軍事統帥。

 

在他68歲那一年,他寫了一封信給國王。

 

當野外的狐狸快要死的時候,這隻狐狸的頭會朝著他的出生地的那個方向。

當風從北方吹過來的時候,許多北方地區出生的馬匹就會發出悲傷的鳴叫聲。

 

我的年紀已經很大了,我隨時可能會死去,但我不敢向首都的方向看,因為這會使我感到非常悲傷。

 

如果我明天就死了,那麼我的靈魂就要留在這片荒涼的沙漠上。

我願意在堅守我的崗位,到我死的那一刻。

但如果您願意,請讓我退休,我希望在我死去之前,能再次看見故鄉的景色。

 

但由於他對於邊界的穩定太重要了,國王沒有答應他的請求。

 

兩年後,他的妹妹也為了他寫了一封信給國王。

我的哥哥已經為了漢王朝在那個遙遠的邊界駐守了31年。

那是一個充滿危險的環境,我的哥哥在每次的戰爭中,總是奮勇向前,他受過好幾次重傷,他好幾次差點死去。

 

當初與他一起到邊界的那些人,已經全部都不在人世了,只剩他一個人還活著。

他今年已經七十歲了。他已經又老又病。

他的頭髮全白了,他的動作很不靈活,他的判斷力也變差了。

 

我與他已經超過30年沒見了,我已經快忘記他的長相了。

 

他是一個非常負責任的人,但是他的年紀真的太大了,如果現在邊界發生重大的戰爭,他的心裡雖然願意但是他的身體已經沒有辦法像年輕時一樣那麼強壯了。

 

他非常想回國而且我們家人也非常的想念他,懇求國王盡快安排一個他的接班人,讓他可以回到首都與我們家人相聚。

 

讓他可以享受他人生中的最後時光。

 

國王被這封信感動了。

國王看完這封信後的幾天後派出一個年輕的將軍去接替他的職位。

 

班超在他71歲的那一年正式退休,同年的八月他回到了漢王朝的首都。

那一年的九月多,他離世了,他安靜而且滿足的死在自己的故鄉。

 

這句成語直接翻譯的意思北方來的馬因為從北方吹來的風而悲鳴。

這句成語被用來形容一個人思念自已的故鄉。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你的故鄉在那裡呢?你如果可以選擇,你會想死在那裡呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為後漢書-班梁列傳-1

https://ctext.org/hou-han-shu/ban-liang-lie-zhuan/zh

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...