1/04/2023

The bird is tired so the bird flies back to the nest(鳥倦知還)

 

The bird is tired so the bird flies back to the nest(鳥倦知還)

 

During the Jin Dynasty in China, there was a famous writer named (Tao Yuanming).

His poems and prose have influenced many famous poets and writers in Chinese history.

 

He wrote down his life experience and life perception in a poem and the preface of this poem.

The direct translation of the name of this poem means I should go back.

 

The gist of the second stanza of the poem is as follows.

 

I finally returned to my home, I saw my humble home from a distance, I couldn't suppress the ecstasy in my heart, I ran towards my house.

 

I saw my kids playing games in the yard, and they came to greet me eagerly when they saw me.

I have seen a lot of weeds growing in my yard during the few months I have been away.

I see those chrysanthemums and pine trees I planted are just as beautiful as when I left them.

 

After I took the kids into the house, I saw my wife smiling at me.

 

She has prepared a table of rich food for me, and she took out my exclusive wine glass and filled it with my favorite Chinese rice wine.

 

I picked up the wine glass and took a sip of the Chinese rice wine. My mood was very relaxed.

The children have returned to the yard to continue playing games. I looked at these children and the familiar yard with a smile that I haven't seen for a long time.

 

I finally got back to my home.

 

I'm back to my old way of life, I'm no longer chasing power and money.

This kind of light life is the way of life I yearn for.

 

Although the house I live in is small, I feel peace in my heart.

Although my yard is small, my heart feels extremely vast.

 

I often take a walk in the yard, and when I feel tired, I will sit down and have a rest.

During the day, I look at the mountains in the distance and the clouds in the sky.

In the evening, I saw tired birds returning to their nests.

 

I watched the sun set, and the surrounding scenery slowly sank into darkness.

I couldn't bear to leave, I leaned against the lonely pine tree in the yard, and I didn't enter the house until the last moment.

 

The direct translation of this idiom means that the bird is tired so the bird flies back to the nest

This idiom is also used to describe a person returning to his hometown from a place he traveled.


Dear friend, what are your feelings or thoughts after hearing this story?

Have you ever regretted what you have done? Do you often reflect on your mistakes?

I hope this story can give you some new harvest.

 

 



                                               此圖片來自百度百科



鳥倦知還(The bird is tired so the bird flies back to the nest)

 

中國的晉王朝時代,有一個著名的文學家,他的名字叫做(陶淵明)

他寫的詩與散文影響了中國歷史上許多著名的詩人與文學家。

 

他在一首詩與這首詩的序中寫下了他的人生經歷與人生感悟。

這首詩的名字直接翻譯的意思是我應該要回去了。

 

這首詩的第二段的大意如下。

 

我終於回到了我的家,我遠遠地看到我那棟簡陋的家,我壓抑不了心中的狂喜,我向我的房子奔跑過去。

 

我看到我的孩子們在院子裡玩遊戲,他們看到我後過來熱切地迎接我。

我看到在我離開的這幾個月中,我家裡的院子中已經長出了許多雜草。

我看到我種的那些菊花與松樹就像我離開的時候一樣美麗。

 

我帶着孩子們進屋之後,我看見我的妻子微笑地看著我。

 

她已經為我準備了一桌的豐富食物,她拿出我專屬的酒杯並且在酒杯中倒滿了我最喜歡喝的中國米酒。

 

我拿起酒杯喝了一口中國米酒,我的心情非常的放鬆。

孩子們已經回到院子中繼續玩遊戲,我看著這些孩子還有那熟悉的院子我的臉上露出了很久不見的微笑。

 

我終於回到我的家中。

 

我恢復舊日的生活型態,我不再追求權力與金錢。

這種清淡的生活才是我所嚮往的生活方式。

 

我住的房子雖然很小,但我的內心感受到平靜。

我的院子雖然很小,但是我的內心覺得是無比的遼闊。

 

我常常在院子中散步,當我覺得累的時候我就會坐下來休息一下。

在白天的時候,我看著遠處的山與天空中的雲。

在傍晚的時候,我看到疲倦的小鳥回到鳥巢之中。

 

我看著夕陽西下,四周的景色慢慢沒入黑暗中。

我捨不得離開,我靠在院子中的那株孤獨的松旁邊,我待到最後一刻才進入屋內。

 

這句成語直接翻譯的意思是這鳥累了所以這鳥飛回鳥巢

這句成語也被用來形容一個人從旅行的地方返回故鄉。

 


親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的感受或有怎樣的想法呢。

你曾經為自已做得的事情後悔嗎?你是否會經常反省自已的錯誤呢?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為晉-陶淵明-歸去來兮辭並序

https://fanti.dugushici.com/ancient_proses/70573/prose_translations/3296

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...