2/07/2023

He is fastest so he wins the race(捷足先得)

 

He is fastest so he wins the race(捷足先得)

 

Han Xin is one of the greatest generals in Chinese history.

The name of the founding king of the Han Dynasty was (Liu Bang).

In 202 BC, (Han Xin) assisted (Liu Bang) in defeating the most powerful Chu Kingdom at that time.

 

In 196 BC, (Han Xin)'s plan to betray (Liu Bang) was discovered, he was arrested and killed.

He said a few words before dying.

I regret very much that I did not listen to (Kuai Tong)'s advice that I should have formed a new kingdom myself in 203 BC.

 

(Liu Bang) ordered the soldiers to arrest (Kui Tong) after his death.

 

(Liu Bang) asked.

Have you ever instigated Han Xin to form a new kingdom?

 

(Kuai Tong) answer.

I did advise him to form a new kingdom. But he didn't take my advice.

If he had taken my advice, he should be alive by now.

If he takes my advice, the most powerful kingdom in all of China must be the one he created.

 

(Liu Bang) said.

Because you did this, I'm going to kill you.

 

(Kuai Tong) answer.

You shouldn't have killed me, I didn't make a mistake.

 

(Liu Bang) asked.

You instigated (Han Xin) to betray me, this is your mistake.

 

(Kuai Tong) answer.

I proposed this idea to him at that time because I was Han Xin's military staff officer at that time.

I did my duty to give him what I thought was the best advice.

From this point of view, I am a loyal person.

 

After the fall of the Qin Dynasty, China was divided into many kingdoms again.

The kings of each kingdom have the same goal, they all want to defeat other kingdoms and unify the whole of China.

The kings of these kingdoms are like runners in a running race, each trying to outrun the others and win the race.

 

If anyone with the idea of winning the race is to be put to death, you'll have to put to death many people besides me.

 

Based on these two points, I don't think you should execute me.

 

(Liu Bang) laughed.

You are indeed a great staff officer, and I agree with you.

Han Xin does not agree with your suggestion but I accept your argument.

You can go, you can leave safely.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person's actions are fast, this person is ahead of others, and this person is the fastest to achieve a goal that everyone wants to accomplish.

 

Dear friend, what kind of inspiration or thoughts do you have after hearing this story?

If you were Liu Bang, would you let Kuai Tong go? Do you think you are a person who is willing to accept other people's opinions?

I hope this story can give you something to gain.

 

 




                                                                                                               此圖片來自維基百科


捷足先得(He is fastest so he wins the race)


韓信是中國歷史上最偉大的將軍之一。

漢王朝開國國王的名字叫做(劉邦)。

西元前202年,(韓信)協助(劉邦)打敗當時最強大的楚王國。


西元前196年,(韓信)想要背叛(劉邦)的計畫被發現,他被逮捕並且被殺。

他臨死之前說了幾句話。

我非常後悔沒有聽(蒯通)的建議,我在西元前203年就應該自己成立一個新王國。


(劉邦)在他死後,命令士兵們逮捕(蒯通)。


(劉邦)問。

你是否曾經唆使韓信成立一個新的王國。


(蒯通)回答。

我的確曾經建議他成立一個新的王國。但是他沒有採納我的建議。

如果他採納我的建議,那麼他現在應該還活著。

如果他採納我的建議,現在全中國最強大的王國一定是他所創建的王國。


(劉邦)說。

因為你做過這件事,所以我要殺了你。


(蒯通)回答。

你不應該殺了我,我並沒有犯錯。


(劉邦)問。

你唆使(韓信)背叛我,這就是你所犯的錯。


(蒯通)回答。

我那個時候會對他提出這個想法,是因為我那個時候擔任韓信的軍事參謀。

我盡我的職責對他提出我認為最好的建議。

就這個角度來看,我是一個忠誠的人。


秦王朝滅亡之後,中國再度分裂成許多王國。

每個王國的國王的目標都一樣,都想要戰勝其他王國並且統一整個中國。

這些王國的國王就好像參加一場賽跑比賽的選手,每個人都想比別人跑得快一點並且贏得這場比賽。


如果任何想要贏得比賽的想法的人都要處死,那麼除了我之外,你還必須處死許多人。


基於這兩點,所以我認為你不應該處死我。


(劉邦)大笑。

你果然是一個了不起的參謀,我認同你的觀點。

韓信不認同你的建議但我接受你的論述。

你可以走了,你可以安全地離開。


這句成語被用來形容一個人的動作很快,這個人領先其他人,這個人最快達成一個大家都想完成的目標。


親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或是想法呢。

你如果是劉邦,你會放了(蒯通)嗎?你認為你是一個願意接受別人的意見的人嗎?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一點收穫。



出處為史記-淮陰侯列傳

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_179.html

 

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...