3/20/2023

Gongyi xiu (公儀休)

Gongyi xiu (公儀休)(BC?-BC?)


His surname is (Gongyi) and the name his parents gave him is (xiu).

 

Fair meaning. Public meaning. Masculine meaning. It is also one of the Chinese surnames.

System meaning. Ritual meaning.

The meaning of rest. Means to stop.

 

 

He was a famous prime minister of the Kingdom of Lu in the Spring and Autumn Period.

History books record a story about him.

 

The location of the Kingdom of Lu is approximately in present-day Shandong Province.

Shandong Province is close to the sea, and he likes to eat sea fish very much.

 

Because of his high position, he often has many visitors.

Several times when several visitors came to visit him, they brought very precious and rare sea fish as gifts.

 

After seeing the gifts of these visitors, he smiled and said to these visitors.

Thank you for bringing such a precious gift, but I cannot accept your gift.

Please take this gift back with you when you leave later.

 

His younger brother thought it was strange and asked him.

Why don't you accept these precious and rare marine fish from this visitor?

As far as I know, you like fish very much, this is a gift that you will definitely like.

 

He answered his brother with a smile.

I like this gift very much, but since I am the prime minister of the Kingdom of Lu, I cannot accept this precious gift from them.

This visitor must have a special request for me, so he brought this precious gift. If I accept this gift, I must agree to his request.

 

If I agree to their request, I may be breaking the law.

If I break the law, I will be punished and removed from the post of prime minister.

 

If I lose my position as prime minister, do you think these people will still visit me? Do you think these people will still bring me the precious sea fish that I like to eat most?

 

His younger brother shook his head in answer.

I don't think these people will ever visit you again.

 

He said.

I like to eat precious sea fish. I have the ability and money to buy these sea fish by myself.

I cannot accept these gifts out of greed.

 

From this incident, I would like to share with you a personal life experience of mine.

We should not rely on anyone, we should strengthen our own strength.

We should not expect people to give, we should let ourselves satisfy our desires with our own strength.

 

Dear friend, what kind of inspiration or thought do you have after hearing this story?

Do you have an independent source of income that does not depend on anyone? If you were him, would you accept these precious gifts?

I hope this story can give you some new harvest

 


                                          出處為百度百科



公儀休(Gongyi xiu) (西元前?-西元前?)

 

他的姓是(公儀)他的父母給他取的名字是()

 

公平的意思。公正的意思。男性的意思。也是中國人的姓氏之一。

制度的意思。儀節的意思。

休息的意思。停止的意思。

 

他是春秋時代魯王國一個著名的宰相。

歷史書上記載了一個關於他的故事。

 

魯王國的位置大約於現在的山東省。

山東省靠近海邊,他很喜歡吃海水魚。

 

因為他職位很高,因此常常有很多訪客。

有好幾次有好幾位訪客來拜訪他的時候,帶了很珍貴很罕見的海水魚當作禮物。

 

他看到這些訪客的禮物後,他笑著對這些訪客說。

謝謝你帶來那麼珍貴的禮物,但是我不能收你的禮物。

請你待會離開的時候,把這個禮物再帶回去。

 

他的弟弟覺得很奇怪就問他。

你為何不接受這位訪客帶來的這些珍貴的很罕見的海水魚呢?

據我所知,你非常喜歡吃魚,這是一份你一定會喜歡的禮物啊。

 

他笑著回答他的弟弟。

我非常喜歡這份禮物,但由於我的身分是魯王國的宰相,所以我不能收他們這份珍貴的禮物。

這一個訪客一定是對我有特殊的請託,所以才會帶來這份珍貴的禮物,如果我收了這份禮物,我就必須答應他的請託。

 

我如果答應他們的請託,我可能會因此違反法律。

我如果違背法律,我就會被受到懲罰而且會被免除宰相的職務。

 

我如果被失去了宰相的職務,你認為這些人們還會來拜訪我嗎?你認為這些人還會帶我最喜歡吃的珍貴的海水魚來給我嗎?

 

他的弟弟搖搖頭回答。

我認為這些人不會再來拜訪你。

 

他說。

我喜歡吃珍貴的海水魚,我有能力也有錢可以自己去買這些海水魚來吃。

我不能因為貪心就接受這些禮物。

 

從這件事情,我分享一個我個人的人生感悟給你。

我們不應該倚賴任何人,我們應該強大自已的實力。

我們不應該期望人們的給予,我們應該讓自已憑藉自己的實力滿足自已慾望。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你是否有獨立的不依靠任何人的經濟來源呢?你如果是他,你會接受這些珍貴的禮物嗎?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為史記-循吏列傳

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_206.html

出處為韓非子-外儲說右下

https://ctext.org/hanfeizi/wai-chu-shuo-you-xia/zh

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...