3/29/2023

I am very grateful to you, you are like my patron saint. (感戴二天)

 

I am very grateful to you, you are like my patron saint. (感戴二天)

 

There was a famous minister in the Eastern Han Dynasty, his name was (Su Zhang).

There is a story about him in the history books.

 

He is a very upright man.

During the Eastern Han Dynasty, China had more than a dozen states. He was appointed governor of one of them.

 

After he took office, he discovered that the mayor of a city in his state was suspected of corruption. The mayor was an old friend of his.

 

After careful investigation, he found that the evidence of the crime was conclusive and he was very saddened.

 

After gathering all the evidence, he came to this city.

The mayor gave a dinner in his honour.

 

At the dinner, he chatted very happily with his good friend.

The two of them seemed to return to the happy times when they were young.

 

The mayor said to him.

Each of us has a patron saint, but I am different, I have two.

You are my other patron saint.

 

He said to his good friend.

I am not your patron saint.

I am your friend today, and when I see you tomorrow, I will be your immediate commander.

I will see if you have done your duty with fairness and justice.

 

The next day, when he saw his good friend again, his attitude was very serious, and he presented the evidence of his good friend's corruption that he had already collected.

He arrested his friend according to the laws of the time.

 

This idiom means that I am very grateful to you, you have been of great help to me like my patron saint.

 

Dear friend, what are your feelings or thoughts after hearing this story?

If you were him, would you try your good friend according to the law? Do you think everyone has their own patron saint?

I hope this story can give you a new harvest.

 



                                                   圖片來自維基百科



感戴二天(I am very grateful to you, you are like my patron saint.)

 

東漢王朝有一個著名的大臣,他的名字叫做(蘇章)

歷史書上記載了一個關於他的故事。

 

他是一個很正直的人。

東漢王朝時,中國有十幾個州。他被派任成為其中一州的州長。

 

他到任後,他發現在他所管轄的州內的一個城市的市長涉嫌貪汙腐敗。這位市長是他多年的老朋友。

 

他經過仔細的調查後發現罪證確鑿,他非常的痛心。

 

他蒐集好所有的罪證之後,他到了這城市。

這位市長設晚宴款待他。

 

在晚宴中,他與他的好朋友聊天聊得非常愉快。

他們兩個人彷彿回到從前年輕時的快樂時光。

 

這位市長對他說。

我們每個人都有一個自己的守護聖者,但我與其他人不同,我有兩個守護聖者。

你就是我另一個守護聖者。

 

他對他的這位好朋友說。

我不是你的守護聖者。

我今天是你的朋友,而我明天再見到你的時候,就是你的直屬長官。

我會用公平與正義的態度來查核你是否盡忠職守。

 

第二天,他再次見到他的這位好朋友時,他的態度很嚴肅,他拿出他已經蒐集完整的他的好朋友的貪污的證據。

他依照當時的法律逮捕他的這位好朋友。

 

這句成語的意思是我非常的感謝你,你就像是我的保護聖者一樣對我有極大的幫助。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的感受或有怎樣的想法呢。

你如果是他,你會依法審理你的好朋友嗎?你相信每個人都會有自己的保護聖者嗎?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為後漢書-31-蘇章傳

https://zh.wikisource.org/zh-hant/%E5%BE%8C%E6%BC%A2%E6%9B%B8/%E5%8D%B731

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...