5/26/2023

He uses the moonlight to read(映月讀書)

 

He uses the moonlight to read(映月讀書)

 

In the era of the Northern and Southern Dynasties in China, there was a famous minister in the Southern Qi Kingdom, and his name was (Jiang Mi).

History books tell a story about him.

 

His father was an official, but according to the records, the family's financial situation was very poor when he was a teenager.

He was forced to drop out of school to learn the skill of making shoes out of wood, which he used to earn money to improve his family's financial situation.

 

He would go to work during the day and it would be dark by the time he got home.

He couldn't afford oil for the lamp, so he couldn't use his evenings to read.

His heart is very eager to have more time to learn more knowledge, so he is very distressed.

 

On a clear summer night, he saw that the courtyard was very brightly lit by the moonlight.

Suddenly he had an idea, he said to himself.

I can use this bright moonlight to read a book.

 

From that day on, whenever there was a clear moonlit night, he would study hard.

Since the moon moves, he moved his seat every hour or so to follow the direction of the moon.

 

Because he studied very seriously, he became a very professional scholar.

When he grew up, he joined the government and became an official.

 

He eats only vegetables. He doesn't eat fish or pork.

Friends who had just met him asked him why he didn't eat meat.

He replied with red eyes.

I don't eat meat because of my mother.

 

His friends, who had just met him, were curious and asked again.

Is your mother a vegetarian?

 

He replied.

My mother is not a vegetarian.

When I was young, my family's financial situation was very bad. To make us healthier, my mother gave us all the meat that was rarely available at home.

 

My mother died very young, and I often think that if she were still alive, I could buy meat for her every day.

 

 

Every time I see meat, it reminds me of my mother's love for me, and I feel sad and regretful.

So I don't eat meat.

 

This idiom is used to describe a person who is still studying diligently under very difficult circumstances.

 

Dear friend, what kind of inspiration or thought do you have after hearing this story?

Did your education go well? Do you have any regrets about your life?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 



                                      此圖片來自維基百科



映月讀書(He uses the moonlight to read)

 

中國的南北王朝時代,南齊王國有一個著名的大臣,他的名字叫做(江泌)

歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

他的父親是一個官員,但根據記載他少年的時期家中的經濟狀況非常貧困。

他被迫輟學,他去學習用木頭做鞋子的技能,他靠著這個技能賺錢改善家中的經濟情形。

 

他白天上班,他下班的時候已經天黑。

他買不起油燈的油,所以他沒辦法利用晚上的時間讀書。

他的內心非常渴望有更多的時間去學習更多的知識,因此他非常的苦惱。

 

在一個晴朗的夏天的晚上,他看到庭院中被月光照射地非常的明亮。

他突然有了一個想法,他對自已說。

我可以利用這明亮的月光來讀書啊。

 

從那一天開始,只要是晴朗的,有月亮的夜晚,他就認真地讀書。

由於月亮會移動,他大約每個小時都會配合月亮的方向挪動自已坐的位置。

 

因為他非常的認真學習,他成為一個很專業的學者。

他長大後進入政府單位成為一個官員。

 

他只吃蔬菜。他不吃魚肉與豬肉。

新認識他的朋友問他為何不吃肉。

他紅著眼睛回答。

我是因為我的母親,所以才不吃肉。

 

新認識他的朋友很好奇的再追問。

你的母親是素食主義者嗎?

 

他回答。

我的母親不是素食主義者。

在我小的時候,我家中的經濟情況很不好,我的母親為了讓我們的身體更健康,所以她把家中那些很難得才能買到的肉都給我們吃。

 

我的母親很早就過世了, 我常常在想,如果她還活著就好了,現在的我已經可以每天買肉給她吃。

 

我每次看到肉就會讓我想到我的母親對我的愛,我都會感到難過與遺憾。

這就是我不吃肉的原因。

 

這句成語的意思是形容一個人在很艱苦的情況下仍然很勤奮的念書。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你的求學過程順利嗎?你是否有把握時間對你的母親表達你對她的愛呢?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為南齊書-55孝義傳-江泌傳

https://ctext.org/wiki.pl?if=gb&chapter=454660

 

 

 

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...