5/14/2023

The shopkeeper has a vicious dog(酒店猛狗)

The shopkeeper has a vicious dog(酒店猛狗)

 

(Yan Ying) was a famous prime minister of the Qi Kingdom in the Spring and Autumn Period.

Some scholars in the Warring States Period collected some stories about his life and wrote a book.

There is one story in that book.

 

The king asked (Yan Ying).

I want to strengthen my kingdom, and I want to gather some moral and wise people to serve my kingdom.

But why can't I find these people?

 

(Yan Ying) told a story.

There was a man who was very good at brewing wine, and he opened a shop to sell the wine he brewed.

He cleaned the shop and made a new sign.

He sat in the shop and waited for the customers to come, but the business of his shop was not good, so he was very distressed.

 

One day the man asked his neighbour.

The quality of my brewed wine is very good, my service is very friendly, my shop is very clean, my signboard is very eye-catching, but I don't understand why my business is so bad.

 

His neighbours said to him.

I agree with everything you said, but perhaps you have not noticed that the biggest problem affecting your business is not you, but the dog you have at home.

 

He was puzzled.

 

His neighbours said to him.

Your dog is very vicious. There are many customers who want to buy wine every day, but these customers will leave because they are afraid of your dog when they go to your shop door.

 

(Yan Ying) said to the king.

Think carefully, among the ministers around you, who are the vicious dogs?

 

This idiom is used to remind a leader to avoid the people close to him from becoming his hindrance.

 

Dear friend, what kind of inspiration or thought do you have after hearing this story?

Have you ever heard these fables about dogs? Have you ever thought that your closest friend could be your biggest obstacle?

I hope this story can give you a new harvest.

 




                                              此圖片來自維基百科



酒店猛狗(The shopkeeper has a vicious dog)

 

(晏嬰)是春秋時期齊王國著名的宰相。

戰國時代的一些學者集結了他生平的一些故事寫成了一本書。

這本書中有一個故事。

 

國王問(晏嬰)

我想要強大我的王國,我想要召集一些有道德與有智慧的人來為我的王國服務。

但為何我都找不到這些人呢?

 

(晏嬰)說了一個故事。

有一個人,他很會釀酒,他開設了一間店販售他所釀的酒。

他把這間店鋪整理得很乾淨,他製作了一個新的招牌。

他坐在店鋪裡面等候客人們光臨,但是他的店舖的生意很不好所以他很苦惱。

 

有一天,這個人問他的鄰居。

我釀的酒的品質很好,我的服務很親切,我的店舖很乾淨,我的招牌很醒目,但是我想不懂為何我的生意很差。

 

他的鄰居對他說。

你說的這些我都認同,但你可能沒有注意到,影響你的生意的最大原因不在你,而在你家所養的那隻狗。

 

他很納悶。

 

他的鄰居對他說。

你的狗非常的兇惡,每天都有很多客人想要來買酒,但這些客人們走到你的店門口後就會因為害怕你的狗所以離開。

 

(晏嬰)對國王說。

你仔細想一下,你身邊的大臣們誰是那些是兇惡的狗呢?

 

這句成語被用來提醒一個領導者,要避免自已身邊親近的人成了自己的妨害。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你還有聽過那些有關狗的寓言嗎?你是否想過你最親近的朋友可能就是你最大的阻礙嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為晏子春秋-內篇-問篇-問上

https://ctext.org/yanzi-chun-qiu/wen-shang/zh

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...