6/01/2023

I imitate his wrong behavior.(尤而效之)

 

I imitate his wrong behavior.(尤而效之)

 

In the Spring and Autumn Period of China, there was a famous minister in the Kingdom of Jin named Jiezhitui.

History books tell a story about him.

 

His mother asked them.

You and your friends followed the current king into exile in other kingdoms for 19 years. Why did you not ask the king for rewards and gifts?

 

He replied.

I think it is an act of God that the king was able to return to the Jin Kingdom and become the ruler of the Jin Kingdom after 19 years of exile in other kingdoms.

I cannot take the glory of God.

 

Asked his mother.

I disagree with you.

I think you should be as active as your friends in seeking rewards and gifts from the king.

I think if you don't do it now, you will regret it in the future.

You will resent yourself for living in poverty because you did not actively seek rewards and gifts.

 

He replied.

Because I disagree with my friends' behaviour, because I think their behaviour is wrong, I should not imitate their wrong behaviour.

If I imitate their behaviour, then I think I am more shameless than they are.

After a pause he continued.

I will insist on what I believe to be right, and I will not take the initiative to seek rewards and gifts from the king.

 

Asked his mother.

I respect your decision.

So will you take the initiative and tell the king what you have told me?

 

He replied.

If I take the initiative to tell the king what I have told you, I think the king will insist on giving me rewards and gifts.

The king will think that in my heart I want rewards and gifts from him, but on the surface I pretend that I don't care about these rewards and gifts, and he will think that I am a very hypocritical person.

In order not to be misunderstood by him, I will not tell the king what I said to you.

 

Asked his mother.

So what are you going to do?

 

He replied.

I think the King has returned to the Kingdom of Jin without a hitch, he has also become the King of the Kingdom of Jin, and my responsibilities are over. I will leave the capital and go to the countryside to live in seclusion.

 

Asked his mother.

I understand your thoughts, and I support your decision.

Let's leave the capital together.

 

He and his mother left the capital the same day, telling no one where they were going.

It is said that they lived in seclusion on a mountain, and no one has seen the mother and child since.

 

 

This idiom means that one person imitates the wrong behaviour of another.

 

Dear friend, what kind of inspiration or thought do you have after hearing this story?

How do you judge his actions? If you were him, would you ask the king for rewards and gifts?

I hope this story can give you a new harvest.

 




                                              圖片出處為百度百科



尤而效之(I imitate his wrong behavior.)

 

中國的春秋時代,晉王國有一個著名的大臣,他的名字叫做(介之推)

歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

他的母親問她。

你與你的朋友們跟隨現在的國王一起在其他王國流亡19年,你為什麼選擇不主動向國王要求獎賞與餽贈呢?

 

他回答。

國王能夠在流亡其他王國19年後能夠回到晉王國並且成為晉王國的統治者,我認為這是神的作為。

我不能奪取神的光榮。

 

他的母親問。

我不認同你的看法。

我認為你應該跟你的朋友們一樣主動向國王爭取獎賞與餽贈。

我認為如果你現在不這樣做,將來你一定會後悔。

你會怨恨自已因為沒有主動爭取獎賞與餽贈而生活陷入貧困。

 

他回答。

既然我不認同我的朋友們的行為,既然我認為他們的行為是不對的,那我就不應該仿效他們的錯誤的行為。

如果我仿效他們的行為,那麼我會認為自己比他們更不知羞恥。

他停頓了一下後他繼續說。

我堅持我所認定的正義,我不會主動向國王爭取獎賞與餽贈。

 

他的母親說。

我尊重你的決定。

那麼你會跟把跟我說的這些話主動告訴國王嗎?

 

他回答。

我如果把跟你說的這些話主動告訴國王,我認為國王就一定會堅持要給我獎賞與餽贈。

國王會認為我內心渴望向他爭取獎賞與餽贈,但我表面上又假裝自已不在乎這些獎賞與餽贈,他會認為我是一個非常虛偽的人。

為了避免被他誤解,所以我不會把對你說的這些話告訴國王。

 

他的母親問。

那麼你接下來決定要怎樣做呢?

 

他回答。

我認為國王已經順利回到晉王國,他也成了晉王國的國王,我的責任已經結束了。我會離開首都,我會到鄉下隱居。

 

他的母親。

我清楚地明白你的想法了,我支持你的決定。

我們一起離開首都吧。

 

他與他的母親當天就離開首都,他們沒有告訴任何人他們去了哪裡。

據說,他們隱居在一座山上,從此再也沒有人看過他們母子。

 

 

這句成語的意思是指一個人仿效另一個人的錯誤的行為。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你如何評價他的做法呢?你如果是他,你會向國王爭取獎賞與餽贈嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為左傳-僖公24

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_2868.html

出處為史記-39-晉世家

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_126.html

 

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...