6/02/2023

I'm almost in the coffin(行將就木)

 

 

I'm almost in the coffin(行將就木)

 

In the Spring and Autumn Period of China, the 22nd king of the Jin Kingdom was named (Ji Chong'er).

History books tell a story about him.

 

He was the second of his father's five children. The mothers of his five brothers are all different.

His father was infatuated with the fourth wife, and his elder brother's right to the throne was taken away by his father.

His father's fourth wife urged his father to have him and his brother arrested.

As a result, he was forced to leave the Jin Kingdom in 656 BC and went into exile in other kingdoms.

 

In 655 BC he fled to the homeland of his mother.

This place is the Zhai Kingdom.

He lived in this place for 12 years.

He married there and had two sons.

 

His father died in 651 BC, causing turmoil in the Jin Kingdom over the succession to the throne.

In 650 BC, his younger brother became king of the Jin Kingdom.

His younger brother sent killers to assassinate him in order to prevent him from returning to the Jin Kingdom to fight for the throne.

 

After receiving this information, he told his wife

My brother has sent assassins to kill me, it's too dangerous for me to stay here any longer.

Zhai Kingdom's national strength is not strong enough, so I will seek political asylum in Qi Kingdom.

The Qi Kingdom's national strength is currently the strongest among all the countries, and the King of the Qi Kingdom has a great sense of justice, and the people of all the kingdoms respect him.

I believe that if he is willing to protect me, my life can be guaranteed.

 

His wife was in tears.

 

He said.

The escape this time is very dangerous, and you may be attacked by murderers on the way.

Our children are very young and not fit to escape with us.

So I think you and the children should stay in the Zhai Kingdom for now.

 

His wife nodded in agreement.

 

He said.

If I can reach the Qi Kingdom without any problems, I will send someone to fetch you after I settle down.

But who can predict the future, my escape may not be successful this time.

If I die, you can marry again.

 

His wife replied.

I believe you will not die, and I believe you will reach the Qi Kingdom without any problems.

 

He said sadly.

If the Qi Kingdom is unwilling to grant me political asylum, then we will leave for other kingdoms immediately.

We'll be out of touch for a long time, and if I die, you won't know.

 

If you haven't heard from me in all this time, don't wait any longer. I think you should wait for me for 25 years at the most.

If, counting from tomorrow, you have not heard from me in 25 years, you should remarry by then.

 

His wife laughed when she heard his words.

I am 25 this year, and in 25 years I will be 50. I was almost in a coffin then.

 

His wife told him firmly.

I believe that you will escape safely to the Qi Kingdom, I believe that you will not die, and I will wait with hope that you will send someone to pick us up and reunite us with you.

 

This idiom means that I am almost in the coffin.

It is used to describe a person who is already dying.

 

Dear friend, what kind of inspiration or thought do you have after hearing this story?

Do you think you can wait for someone for 25 years? Among your relatives and friends, whose marriage do you envy the most?

I hope this story can give you a new harvest.

 




                                                此圖片來自百度百科



行將就木(I'm almost in the coffin)

 

中國的春秋時代,晉王國的第22任國王,他的名字叫做(姬重耳)

歷史書上記載一個他的故事。

 

他的父親有五個孩子,他的排行第二。他們五個兄弟的母親都不相同。

他的父親寵愛第四位妻子,他的哥哥的王位繼承權被他的父親取消。

他的父親的第四位妻子慫恿他的父親逮捕他與他的兄弟。

因為這個原因,西元前656年,他迫離開晉王國,他流亡到其他的王國。

 

西元前655年,他逃亡到他的母親的祖國。

這個地方是翟王國。

他在這個地方住了12年。

他在這個地方結婚並且生了兩個兒子。

 

西元前651年他的父親過世,晉王國內為了王位的繼承權引發動亂。

西元前650年,他的弟弟成為了晉王國的國王。

他的弟弟為了避免他回到晉王國爭取王位所以派出殺手要暗殺他。

 

他收到這個情報後就對他的妻子說。

我的弟弟派出殺手來暗殺我,我繼續待在這裡太危險了。

翟王國的國力不夠強大,所以我準備前往齊王國尋求政治庇護。

齊王國的國力是目前各國中最強大的,而且齊王國的國王非常的有正義感,各個王國的人民都尊敬他。

我相信如果他願意保護我,我的生命安全就可以獲得保障。

 

他的妻子流下眼淚。

 

他說。

這一次的逃亡非常的凶險,沿途可能會遇到殺手的襲擊。

我們的孩子年紀很小,他們不適合跟著我們一起逃亡。

因此我認為妳跟孩子們應該先留在翟王國。

 

他的妻子點頭答應。

 

他說。

我如果可以順利的抵達齊王國,等我安頓好後就派人來接你們。

但是未來的事情誰能預料呢,我這一次的逃亡不一定會成功。

萬一我死了妳就改嫁吧。

 

他的妻子回答。

我相信你不會死,我相信你會順利地抵達齊王國。

 

他很憂愁的說。

如果齊王國不願意提供我政治庇護,那麼我們就會立刻前往其他的王國。

我們會有很長的一段時間失去聯絡,如果我死了,你也不會知道。

 

萬一妳一直沒有我的消息,那麼妳也不要一直等下去,我看妳最多等我25年就好了。

如果從明天開始起算,25年後妳還沒有我的消息,那麼妳到時候還是改嫁吧。

 

他的妻子聽到他說的話就笑了。

我今年已經25歲了,再過25年我就50歲了。那個時候我已經差不多要躺進棺材中了。

 

他的妻子很堅定地對他說。

我相信你會安全地逃亡到齊王國,我相信你不會死,我會懷抱著希望等著你派人來接我們去與你相聚。

 

這句成語的意思我已經差不多要進棺材了。

這句成語被用來形容一個人已經快要死了。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你認為你可以持續等待一個人25年嗎?你的親友中,誰的婚姻是你最羨慕的呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為左傳-僖公23

https://ctext.org/chun-qiu-zuo-zhuan/xi-gong-er-shi-san-nian/zh

出處為史記-39-晉世家

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_126.html

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...