9/14/2023

Can you share a bowl of meat soup with me(分我杯羹)

 

Can you share a bowl of meat soup with me(分我杯羹)

 

The name of the founding king of the Han Dynasty was (Liu Bang).

There is a story about him recorded in the history books.

 

In the more than four years between the fall of the Qin Dynasty in 207 BC and the establishment of the Han Dynasty by Liu Bang in 202 AD, many wars occurred between the Han Kingdom led by Liu Bang and the Chu Kingdom led by Xiang Yu.

 

205 BC,Xiang Yu went out to fight with his army.

Liu Bang formed a joint army with five other kingdoms and sent troops to attack and occupy the capital of the Chu Kingdom.

Xiang Yu returned to the capital of the Chu Kingdom very quickly with 30,000 of his most elite troops and counterattacked.

The result of this war was that the Chu Kingdom won a huge victory. Liu Bang's father and Liu Bang's wife were also captured by Xiang Yu after the war.

 

After Xiang Yu's most important military adviser died in 204 BC, the situation between the Chu Kingdom and the Han Kingdom reversed, and the Chu Kingdom began to suffer several consecutive defeats.

 

In 203 BC, after the Han army defeated the Chu army several times, Xiang Yu felt very anxious.

Xiang Yu sent an envoy to tell Liu Bang.

If you don't withdraw your troops I will kill your father.

I will throw your father into a large pot filled with water and heat the pot so that your father will be cooked and your father will die in agony.

 

The envoy returned to the camp of the Chu Kingdom and reported back to Xiang Yu.

When Liu Bang heard that you wanted to cook his father in a big pot filled with water, he was neither angry nor worried.

he tells me.

Go back and tell Xiang Yu that he and I both swore allegiance to the king of the Chu Kingdom before the fall of the Qin Dynasty.

I have made a pact with him, and we must treat each other as our biological brothers. At that time, the relationship between the two of us was very good, and he respected my father as much as he respected his own father.

 

I would not withdraw my troops, and there was nothing I could do to stop him from killing my father.

If he really killed my father in such a cruel way, please tell Xiang Yu.After he cooked my father in a big pot of meat soup, he asked him to share a bowl of this special meat soup with me.

I want to hold this bowl of meat soup to remember my father.

 

The messenger reported back to Xiang Yu.Liu Bang's expression looked like he didn't care if his father died.He really was a heartless man.

 

This idiom means is can you share a bowl of meat soup with me

This idiom is usually used when a person wants something from another person.

 

Dear friend, after listening to this story, what inspirations or thoughts do you have?

Do you think Liu Bang is really a ruthless person? If you were Xiang Yu, would you kill Liu Bang's father after hearing Liu Bang's answer?

I hope you can gain something from this story.

 




                                                 此圖片來自百度百科




分我杯羹(Can you share a bowl of meat soup with me)

 

漢王朝開國國王的名字叫做(劉邦)

歷史書上記載了一個關於他的故事。

 

西元前207年秦王朝滅亡到西元202年劉邦統一整個中國建立漢王朝的這4年多的時間內,劉邦領導的漢王國與項羽所領導的楚王國之間發生了很多場戰爭。

 

西元前205年,

項羽帶著軍隊外出征戰。

劉邦與另外五個王國組成聯合軍隊出兵攻打並且佔領了楚王國的首都。

項羽帶著3萬人的最精銳的軍隊非常快速地回到楚王國的首都並加以反擊。

這一次的戰爭結果是楚王國贏得了巨大的勝利,劉邦的父親與劉邦的妻子也在這一場戰爭結束後被項羽俘虜。

 

西元前204年,項羽最重要的軍事參謀死了之後,楚王國與漢王國之間的情勢發生逆轉,楚王國開始連續吃了好幾場敗仗。

 

203年,漢王國的軍隊連續戰勝楚王國的軍隊好幾次後,項羽的心中非常焦慮。

項羽派遣一個使者對劉邦說。

如果你不撤兵我就會殺了你的父親。

我要把你的父親丟到一個裝滿水的大鍋子中然後加熱這個鍋子讓你的父親被煮熟,你的父親將會在痛苦中死去。

 

這個使者回到楚王國的陣營內,他跟項羽回報。

劉邦聽到你說要用一個裝滿水的大鍋子煮熟他的父親後,他既沒有生氣也沒有憂慮。

他對我說。

你回去跟項羽報告,我與他在秦王朝滅亡前,都曾經對楚王國的國王宣誓效忠。

我於他當初建立過一個盟約,我們必須把對方當作自已的親生兄弟一樣的對待。那個時候我們兩個人的感情很好,他尊敬我的父親就如同尊敬他自己的父親一樣。

 

我不會撤兵,我也沒有辦法阻止他不殺了我的父親。

如果他真的用那麼殘忍的方式殺了我的父親,那麼請你告訴項羽。

當他把我的父親煮成一大鍋的肉羹湯之後,請他可以分享一碗這個特殊的肉羹湯給我。

我要拿著著這碗肉羹湯來懷念我的父親。

 

這個使者對項羽回報。

劉邦的表情看起來完全不在乎他的父親是否會死亡,他真是一個無情的人。

 

這句成語的意思是這一鍋肉羹湯煮好了之後請分一碗給我。

這句成語通常在一個人希望從另外一個人那裏得到一些利益時使用。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或是想法呢。

你認為劉邦真的是一個無情的人嗎?你如果是項羽,你聽到劉邦的回應後,你會殺了劉邦的父親嗎?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一點收穫。

 

出處為史記-項羽本紀

https://zh.wikisource.org/zh-hant/%E5%8F%B2%E8%A8%98/%E5%8D%B7007

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...