9/29/2023

His reputation spread far and wide(名聞遐邇)

 

 

His reputation spread far and wide(名聞遐邇)

 

During the time of the Northern and Southern Dynasties in China, there was a famous minister in the Northern Wei Kingdom, his name was (Cui Hao).

There is a story about him recorded in the history books.

 

One day the second king of the Northern Wei Kingdom said to him

My health is very bad and I often fall ill.

I often have hallucinations and my mental state is very bad.

I may die, and if I die, my sons will be very young, and I am afraid that the Northern Wei Kingdom will fall into chaos.

What do you think is the most important thing for me to do now?

 

he said to the king.

You are still very young, and your moral character is very good. I believe your illness will be cured soon.

I think the most important thing for you now is to choose a royal heir as soon as possible.

 

The king nodded and listened.

If the succession is decided later, your sons will all want to fight for the right to inherit the throne, causing instability within the royal family.

 

Common sense dictates that you should make your eldest son the Crown Prince. And based on my observations, I also think you should make your eldest son the Crown Prince.

 

After you make your eldest son the Crown Prince, you must select a few upright and loyal ministers to serve as the new Crown Prince's teachers, let these ministers assist your eldest son, let these ministers train your eldest son, and let your eldest son participate in how to manage the army, how to manage and govern a kingdom.

 

Your eldest son is a clever and wise man, and he has a gentle temperament, so I think he is the best candidate for crown prince.

 

The king agreed with his proposal.

After appointing his eldest son as Crown Prince, the King appointed six wise and upright ministers to assist the new Crown Prince.

 

Under the guidance of these teachers, the new Crown Prince learned step by step how to be a good king.

 

A few months later, the king of the Northern Wei Kingdom was very happy. At a public meeting, he publicly praised Cui Hao.

Cui Hao's reputation spread far and wide, and everyone in the kingdom knew that Cui Hao was an intelligent, knowledgeable and wise man.

I can prove that he is indeed such a person.

 

 

This idiom is used to describe a person's reputation.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Do you hope to become a famous person? Do you think it is really a good thing for a person to be famous?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 




名聞遐邇(His reputation spread far and wide)

 

在中國的南北王朝時代,北魏王國有一個著名的大臣,他的名字叫做(崔浩)

歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

有一天,北魏王國的第二任國王對他說。

我的身體很不好,我常常生病。

我常常有幻覺,我的精神狀況很不好。

我可能快要死了,如果我死了,我的幾個兒子的年紀都很小,我很擔心北魏王國會陷入混亂。

你認為我現在最重要的是該做什麼事呢。

 

他對國王說。

你的年紀還很輕,而且你的品德很好,我相信你的疾病很快就會痊癒。

我認為妳現在最重要的事,就是盡快決定一個王室繼承人。

 

國王點頭並聽他說。

王位繼承人如果愈晚決定,那麼你的兒子們都會想要爭取王位繼承權,所以會造成皇室內的不穩定。

 

按照常理說,你應該讓你的長子成為王儲。而且根據我的觀察,我也認為你應該讓你的長子成為王儲。

 

你立了你的長子成為王儲後,你還要選用幾個正直而且忠誠的大臣擔任新的王儲的老師,讓這幾個大臣輔佐你的長子,讓這幾個大臣訓練你的長子,讓你的長子可以參與如何管理軍隊,如何管理並治理好一個王國。

 

你的長子是一個聰明又有智慧的人,而且他的性情很溫和,所以我認為他是王儲的最佳人選。

 

國王聽完他的建議後覺得很認同。

國王立他的長子成為王儲後,就任用了六個聰明又正直的大臣共同輔佐新的王儲。

 

這個新的王儲在這些老師的教導之下,按照進度的逐步學習應該如何成為一個好的國王。

 

幾個月後,北魏王國的國王覺得非常高興,在一次的公開會議中,他當眾讚美崔浩。

崔浩的名聲遠揚,這個王國中的每個人都知道崔浩是一個聰明有知識又有智慧的人。

我可以證明,他的確是一個這樣的人啊。

 

 

這句成語被用來形容一個人名聲遠揚。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你希望自已成為一個遠近馳名的人嗎?你認為一個人很有名氣真的是一件好事嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為魏書-列傳卷23-崔浩傳

https://www.arteducation.com.tw/guwen/bookv_6992.html


精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...