9/26/2023

 

I am worried about problems with my logistical support. (後顧之憂)

 

During the time of the Northern and Southern Dynasties in China, there was a famous minister in the Northern Wei Kingdom, his name was (Li Chong).

There is a story about him recorded in the history books.

 

He has a nephew named Yin Shisun. (Yin Shisun's) father died when he was very young.

 

He took care of his nephew for a long time, and his nephew has a good relationship with his family.

He loved his nephew like his own child.

 

Because he was a man of great integrity and strong working ability, the king at that time liked and valued him very much.

The king made him his chief secretary.

 

Li Chong had a neighbour who wanted to become a central government official.

 

(Yin Shisun) said to the neighbour when he heard the news.

You can prepare a wonderful horse as a gift for my uncle.

After my uncle accepts your gift, he will use his influence to make you a central government official.

 

His neighbour prepared a big horse and gave it to Yin Shisun.

(Yin Shisun) took the horse as his own. Li Chong did not know anything about this.

 

A few months later Li Chong found out by chance and was very angry.

 

He had (Yin Shisun) arrested and tried him according to the laws of the time.

(Yin Shisun) was sentenced to death.

 

After his death, the king was very sad and paid his respects at his grave.

The king said to Li Chong's grave.

You are a kind and wise person, and I trust you very much.

You are loyal and upright, so I let you manage all the affairs of the central government on my behalf. You have also done your work diligently.

 

This is a chaotic time. I have been leading troops into battle for many years, but I never worry because I know that you will take care of the officials in the capital for me. So when I go out to fight, I never worry. There will be problems with my logistical support.

I didn't expect you to pass away suddenly due to illness, and I was very sad in my heart.

 

This idiom means that I am worried about problems with my logistical support.

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

If you were him, would you forgive Yin Shisun? Among your deceased relatives and friends, who do you miss the most?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 



                                        此圖片來自百度百科



後顧之憂(I am worried about problems with my logistical support.)

 

在中國的南北王朝時代,北魏王國有一個著名的大臣,他的名字叫做(李沖)

歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

他有一個外甥,這個外甥的名字叫做陰始孫,(陰始孫)的爸爸在他很小的時候就死了。

 

他長期照顧他的外甥,他的外甥跟他的家人的感情都很好。

他把他的外甥當作自己的孩子一樣的疼愛。

 

因為他是一個很正直而且工作能力很強的人,所以當時的國王很喜歡並且很重視他。

國王讓他擔任自己的首席機要秘書。

 

李沖有一個鄰居,李沖的鄰居想要成為中央政府的官員。

 

(陰始孫)聽到這個消息後就對這個鄰居說。

你可以準備一隻很棒的馬當作禮物送給我的叔叔。

我的叔叔接受了你的禮物之後,就會運用自已的影響力讓你成為一個中央政府的官員。

 

他的鄰居就準備了一隻很棒的馬交給(陰始孫)

(陰始孫)把這匹馬據為己有。這件事情李沖完全不知情。

 

幾個月之後,李沖在無意間知道這件事情,他非常的生氣。

 

他下令逮捕(陰始孫),他依照當時的法律審判(陰始孫)

(陰始孫)被判處死刑。

 

他死了之後,國王非常的悲傷,國王有一次在他的墳墓前祭弔他。

國王對著李沖的墳墓說。

你是一個仁慈又聰明的人,我非常的信任你。

你又忠誠又正直,所以我讓你代替我管理中央政府內的大小事。你也很盡職地完成了自己的工作。

 

現在是一個混亂的年代,我長年領兵外出打仗,但我從不擔心,因為我知道你會代替我管理好首都內的官員們,所以我在外出打仗的時候,我從來都不會憂慮我的後勤支援會發生問題。

我沒想到你會因為生病突然離世,我的心中非常感傷。

 

這句成語的意思是我憂慮我的後勤支援發生問題。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你如果是他,你會饒恕陰始孫嗎?你那些已逝的親友中,你最懷念那一個人呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為魏書-列傳卷41-李沖

https://zh.wikisource.org/zh-hant/%E9%AD%8F%E6%9B%B8/%E5%8D%B753

 

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...