9/02/2023

I didn't even take a bird's feather for myself(秋毫無犯)

 

I didn't even take a bird's feather for myself(秋毫無犯)

 

The name of the founding king of the Han Dynasty was (Liu Bang). There is a story about him in the history books.

 

Among all the revolutionary armies against the Qin Dynasty in the last years of the Qin Dynasty, the one with the most powerful military force was Xiang Yu. Xiang Yu led an army of around 400,000 men.

 

In 208 BC, the revolutionary army led by Liu Bang took the lead in attacking and occupying the capital of the Qin dynasty, ahead of other revolutionary groups.

 

This incident made (Xiang Yu) dissatisfied.

Xiang Yu wanted to kill Liu Bang.

 

The news reached Liu Bang's ears. Liu Bang held an urgent meeting with his key military staff.

The name of Liu Bang's military staff officer was Zhang Liang.

 

Liu Bang said to Zhang Liang

How should I settle this matter?

 

Zhang Liang replied after thinking for a few minutes.

I have a good friend who can help me in this matter. This good friend of mine is Xiang Yu's uncle, and his name is (Xiang Bo).

 

Liu Bang asked.

How do you know Xiang Bo?

 

Zhang Liang replied.

He accidentally killed a man once, and I helped him get off the death penalty. Since then we have become good friends.

The news that Xiang Yu wants to kill you is also because he told me, so I know.

 

Liu Bang said.

Then we can trust him, and I believe he will help us.

Hurry and find him to meet me, I want to talk to him directly.

 

About an hour later, Liu Bang and Xiang Bo met.

 

Liu Bang said to Xiang Bo

Although I took the lead in attacking and occupying the capital of the Qin Dynasty, I still think in my heart that Xiang Yu is the commander-in-chief of all our revolutionary armies. So after I occupied the capital of the Qin Dynasty, I didn't take a single bird's feather for myself.

 

I have sent troops to guard all the treasures in the palace. I await Xiang Yu's arrival in the capital, for only he has the power to decide what to do with these vast treasures.

 

I have sent the army to control the population in the capital, and I am waiting for Xiang Yu to come to the capital, for only he has the power to control the people in the capital.

 

I sent troops to strictly guard the roads leading into the capital. My intention was not to prevent Xiang Yu's troops from entering the capital, but to prevent other remnants of the Qin dynasty from counterattacking.

 

When Liu Bang and Xiang Bo met this time, Liu Bang showed a very respectful attitude.

 

Liu Bang took the initiative to hold Xiang Bo's hand, and Liu Bang kept praising Xiang Yu and flattering Xiang Bo during the conversation.

 

Liu Bang kept telling Xiang Bo to talk. During the conversation, Liu Bang found out that Xiang Bo's child had reached the marriageable age. Liu Bang said to Xiang Bo with a smile.

My child is about the same age as yours, maybe we can become in-laws.

 

After the meeting, Xiang Bo happily pulled Liu Bang's hand and said to Liu Bang

I will now go back to my nephew and do my best to let him know that you have no intention of betraying him.

I will even tell him that you have made great contributions and should be rewarded.

 

This idiom means that I will not even take a bird's feather as my own.

 

Dear friend, what kind of inspiration or thoughts do you have after hearing this story?

If you were Liu Bang, do you think you could persuade Uncle Xiang to help you? How would you describe Liu Bang's character traits?

I hope you can gain something from this story.

 



                                             圖片出處為百度百科



秋毫無犯(I didn't even take a bird's feather for myself)

 

漢王朝開國國王的名字叫做(劉邦)。歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

秦王朝末年的所有反抗秦王朝的革命軍隊中,擁有最強大的軍事力量的人是項羽。項羽領導了一支大約40萬人的軍隊。

 

西元前207年,劉邦領導的革命軍領先其他革命團體,率先攻入並且佔領了秦王朝的首都。

 

這件事情引起了(項羽)的不滿。

項羽想要殺了劉邦。

 

這個消息傳到了劉邦的耳中。劉邦與他最重要的軍事參謀開了一個緊急的會議。

劉邦的軍事參謀的名字叫做張良。

 

劉邦對張良說。

我該怎麼解決這件事情呢?

 

張良思考了幾分鐘後回答。

這件事情,我有一個好朋友可以幫忙。我的這個好朋友是項羽的叔叔,他的名字叫做(項伯)

 

劉邦問。

你在什麼情況下認識項伯呢?

 

張良回答。

他以前誤殺了一個人,我那個時候幫他忙他才免除了死刑,從那件事情之後我們就成了好朋友。

項羽想要殺了你的這個消息,也是因為他告訴我所以我才知道的。

 

劉邦說。

那我們的確可以信任他,我也相信他會幫忙我們。

你快點找他來見我,我想跟他直接見面談。

 

大約一個小時後,劉邦與項伯碰面了。

 

劉邦對項伯說。

我雖然率先攻入並且佔領了秦王朝的首都,但是因為我的內心還是認為項羽才是我們所有革命軍的總司令。所以我佔領秦王朝的首都之後,我連首都中的一根鳥的羽毛都沒有占為己有。

 

我派遣軍隊看守皇宮中的所有珍寶,我期盼項羽來到首都,因為只有他才有權力決定要怎樣處理這一批龐大的資產。

 

我派遣軍隊清查首都內的人口,我等待項羽來到首都,因為只有他才有權力如何管理這些首都城內的人民。

 

我派遣軍隊嚴加看守進入首都的道路,我不是為了阻擋項羽的軍隊進入首都,我是為了避免有其他的秦王朝的殘餘勢力反撲。

 

劉邦與項伯的這次見面時,劉邦表現出非常恭敬的態度。

 

劉邦主動拉著項伯的手,劉邦在對話中不停讚美項羽與奉承項伯。

 

劉邦不停地引導項伯說話,劉邦在兩人的對話中發現了項伯的小孩已經到了適婚年齡,劉邦笑著跟項伯說。

我的小孩與你的小孩的年紀差不多,說不定我們可以變成親家呢。

 

這場會談結束後,項伯很開心的拉的劉邦的手對劉邦說。

我現在就回去找我的侄子,我會盡我最大的力量,讓他了解,你們完全沒有背叛他的想法。

我甚至還會對他說,你們立了很大的功勞,應該要給你們很多的獎賞。

 

這句成語的意思是我連一根鳥的羽毛都不會占為己有。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或是想法呢。

你如果是劉邦,你認為你有把握可以說服項伯幫你的忙嗎?你會如何形容劉邦的性格特質呢?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一點收穫。

 

出處為史記-項羽本紀

https://zh.wikisource.org/zh-hant/%E5%8F%B2%E8%A8%98/%E5%8D%B7007

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...