9/22/2023

I feel so ashamed and don't know how to face my relatives and friends in my hometown.(無顏見江東父老)

I feel so ashamed and don't know how to face my relatives and friends in my hometown.(無顏見江東父老)

 

There is a famous hero in Chinese history. His name is Xiang Yu.

He only lived for 30 years, and his legendary life has been told by many Chinese people in later generations.

There is a story about him recorded in the history books.

 

In early 202 BC, he was chased by more than 5,000 soldiers of the Han Dynasty, and only 26 people followed him.

He took these 26 people with him and fled to the banks of the Wujiang River.

 

There was an official stationed along the river who was in charge of traffic on the river.

The official said to him

I have a boat here. Hurry up and get on it. I can take you across the river.

As long as you cross the river, you can escape the pursuit of the Han Dynasty army.

 

Xiang Yu looked back at the 26 people following him. He was silent for several minutes.

His emotions were mixed and many thoughts ran through his mind in those few minutes.

He thought back to his glorious moments.

Then he thought that after these few years of war, all his friends who had followed him away from home to fight everywhere had died on the battlefield.

 

he said to himself.

Judging from the current situation, the Han Dynasty's army has controlled almost all of China.

Although I can return to my hometown by crossing the river, since I am Liu Bang's most feared opponent, Liu Bang will definitely gather all his troops to launch a fierce attack on my hometown to kill me.

At that time, many people in my hometown will die.

 

His mood suddenly changed. Originally, he wanted to flee, but he made a new decision.

He said to himself, "Things have come to this, and I will no longer run away.

I accept my failure and would rather die fighting here.

I was a hero when I lived, and I will die a hero.

 

 

 

When he found out, he smiled and said to the official

It is God who wants to destroy me. How can we, mortals, have the power to disobey God's actions?

All my good friends from my hometown who followed me in the revolution a few years ago have died in the war. Even if the people in my hometown are willing to forgive me, I cannot forgive myself.

I feel so ashamed and I don't know how to face my relatives and friends in my hometown.

 

he continued, addressing the officer.

 

I rode this horse and it followed me for several years. It is a very good horse. I give this horse to you. Please take this horse back to my hometown.

The Han army will be arriving soon. Hurry and get on the boat and sail away immediately.

 

I want to stay, I want to stay here.

I want to finish this last battle of my life with glory.

 

 

This idiom means that I feel so ashamed that I don't know how to face my relatives and friends in my hometown.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Have you ever been afraid to face someone? Are you ashamed of anything?

I hope this story can help you gain something.

 




                                           圖片來自百度百科



無顏見江東父老(I feel so ashamed and don't know how to face my relatives and friends in my hometown.)

 

中國歷史上有一個著名的英雄。他的名字叫做項羽。

他一生只活了30歲,他的傳奇人生被後代的許許多多中國人傳述。

歷史書上記載了一個他的故事。

 

西元前202年年初,他被漢王朝超過5000個士兵追殺,跟隨他的人只剩下26人。

他帶著這26個人逃到了烏江這條河流的河邊。

 

有一個掌管這條河的往來船隻的官員駐守在這條河邊。

這個官員對他說。

我這裡有一條船,你快點上船,我可以護送你過河。

只要你過了河,你就可以逃過漢王潮的軍隊的追殺。

 

項羽這個時候回頭看了跟隨自己的26個人,他沉默了幾分鐘。

他的情緒很複雜,在這幾分鐘內,他腦海中湧出很多思緒。

他回想起自己曾經擁有的的輝煌時刻。

他接著又想到經過這幾年的戰爭,當初跟隨著他離開家鄉到處征戰的朋友們已經全部都戰死在戰場。

 

他對自己說。

以現在的情勢看來,漢王朝的軍隊已經控制了幾乎整個中國。

雖然我渡過這條河就可以回到我的故鄉,但是由於我是劉邦最害怕的對手,所以劉邦為了殺掉我,一定會立刻集結所有的軍隊對我的故鄉發動猛烈的攻擊。

屆時我的故鄉中的百姓們將會有很多人死亡。

 

他的心情突然轉變了,他原本想要逃走,但他做出了新的決定。

他對自已說,事情已經發展到這種情勢,我不再逃避了。

我接受自己的失敗,我寧願戰死在這個地方。

我活著的時候是一個英雄,我死的方式也要像一個英雄。

 

他笑著對這個官員說。

是神要滅亡我,我們這些凡人的力量怎麼可能違抗神的作為呢。

幾年前跟隨著我一起參與革命的那些我的故鄉中的好朋友們全部都戰死了,就算是我的故鄉的那些百姓願意原諒我,但是我卻無法原諒我自己。

我覺得很羞愧我不知道該如何面對我的家鄉中的親朋好友啊。

 

他接著對這個官員說。

 

我騎得這匹馬跟隨著我四處征戰了好幾年,這是一匹非常好的馬,我把這匹馬送給你,請你帶著這匹馬回去我的家鄉吧。

漢王國的軍隊馬上就會到了,你快點上船然後立刻開船。

 

我要留下來,我要留在這邊。

我要光榮的打完我的人生這最後這一場戰役。

 

 

這句成語的意思是我覺得很羞愧我不知道該如何面對我的家鄉中的親朋好友。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或是想法呢。

你是否有不敢面對誰的經驗呢?你是否為了什麼事情感到羞愧呢?

我希望這故事能讓你產生一點收穫。

 

出處為史記-項羽本紀

https://zh.wikisource.org/zh-hant/%E5%8F%B2%E8%A8%98/%E5%8D%B7007

 

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...