11/06/2023

Forcing a person to do something they cannot do(引嬰投江)

 

Forcing a person to do something they cannot do(引嬰投江)

 

Of all the kingdoms that existed at the end of China's Warring States period, the most powerful was the Kingdom of Qin.

 

The Prime Minister of the Qin Kingdom (Lu Buwei) summoned scholars from different kingdoms.

These scholars collected papers from various academic schools in China at that time and compiled them into a book.

 

The content of this book is very rich, with a total of more than 200,000 words.

In this book he tells a story.

 

I was walking along a river.

Suddenly I saw a man holding a baby in front of me.

The man was crouching down as if he was going to put the baby in the river.

 

I was curious, so I went over and asked the man.

May I ask, are you going to put this baby in the river?

 

the man replied.

Yes, I'm going to put this baby in the river.

 

I said nervously to the man.

This baby looks like a newborn. I don't think this baby can swim yet. Your actions will make this baby drown.

 

The man replied with a smile.

Don't worry, this baby won't drown. I am the father of this baby and I am a good swimmer.

Because I am a good swimmer, I thought my son would swim as well as I do.

 

Do you think this man's behaviour is ridiculous?

I think many of the behaviours of the current King of Chu are the same as this ignorant father.

 

This idiom means that he forces the person to do something he cannot do.

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

Does your father ever force you to do something you don't know how to do? Does your father force you to make decisions you don't want to make?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 



                                             此圖片來自維基百科



引嬰投江(Forcing a person to do something they cannot do()

 

中國的戰國時代末年的所有王國中,最強大的王國是秦王國。

 

秦王國的宰相(呂不韋)召集了各個王國的學者。

這些學者們整理出當時全中國的各種不同的學術流派的論文並編輯成了一本書。

 

這一本書的內容非常的豐富,總字數超過了20多萬字。

這本書裡他說了一個故事。

 

我走在一條河邊。

我突然看到前面有一個男人兩手抱著一個嬰兒。

這一個男人蹲了下來,這個男人的動作像是要把這個嬰兒放入這條河中。

 

我覺得很好奇所以就走過去問這個男人。

請問一下,你是否要把這個嬰兒放入這條河中呢?

 

這個男人回答。

對,我要讓這個嬰兒游泳。

 

我很緊張地對這個男人說。

這個嬰兒看起來才剛出生不久,我認為這個嬰兒還不會游泳,你的行為會讓這個嬰兒溺死。

 

這個男人笑著回答對我說。

你不用擔心,這個嬰兒不會溺死。我是這個嬰兒的父親,我非常會游泳。

因為我游泳的技巧很好,我認為我的兒子一定會跟我一樣很會游泳。

 

你認為這個男人的行為很荒謬嗎?

我認為現在的楚王國的國王的很多行為,跟這個無知的父親一樣啊。

 

這句成語的意思是他強迫這個人做這個人不會的事。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你的父親曾經強迫你做你不會的事嗎?你的父親會勉強你做你不想要的選擇嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為呂氏春秋-慎大覽-察今

https://ctext.org/lv-shi-chun-qiu/cha-jin/zh

 

 

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...