11/15/2023

My wife is a housewife(箕帚之使)

 

My wife is a housewife(箕帚之使)

 

Han Ying was a famous writer in China's Han Dynasty. He liked a collection of ancient Chinese poems very much, this one is (The Book of Songs).

 

When he read these poems, he thought of some stories from ancient China, so he wrote a book with 360 stories in it.

 

There is one story in this book.

There was a scholar with high moral standards and wisdom who lived in the northern suburbs of the capital of the Chu Kingdom.

 

One day the king of the Chu Kingdom came to see him. The king of the Chu Kingdom said to the scholar

I am willing to pay you a high salary and employ you as my senior official in the central government of the Chu Kingdom.

 

Replied the scholar.

 

I am married and my wife is a housewife.Since this is a very important decision that will change our lives, I wanted to discuss it with her.

 

Said the King of Chu Kingdom.

I agree with your approach. Discuss it with your wife first.

 

Said the scholar to his wife.

The King of Chu Kingdom came to see me. He wanted me to be his senior advisor.

If I become his senior staff, I will have a beautiful carriage and many servants, and we can eat a lot of expensive food every day, and we will become very rich.

Do you think I should accept this position?

 

His wife looked at him calmly.

Our life is very stable now. We eat simple food every day. You weave straw sandals every day and sell them in the market. We can support ourselves.

Although we don't have much money, we feel comfortable every day.

 

If you accept this position, we will indeed have better and more material enjoyment than we have now, but do you think you can still live with peace of mind every day? Can you still feel comfortable every day?

 

Think carefully, and if you were to ask my opinion, I would say that I don't think you should accept this position. But I respect your choice, and I will support you in whatever decision you make in the end.

 

After a few minutes of silence, the scholar smiled and said to his wife.

I have thought it over carefully and have decided to refuse the king's appointment.

 

The meaning of this saying is that my wife is a housewife.

This idiom is used to describe one's wife.

 

Dear friend, what inspiration or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

When you are faced with an important decision in your life, who will you consult? Who are you and what decision will you make?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.





                                                       圖片出處為百度百科


 

箕帚之使(My wife is a housewife)

 

韓嬰是中國的漢朝的一個著名的文學家。他非常喜歡是一本中國古代的詩歌合集,這本是(詩經)

 

他讀這些詩的時候,他會聯想到中國古代的一些故事,因此他寫了一本書,在這本書中有360個故事。

 

這本書中有一個故事。

有一個道德水平很高而且很有智慧的學者,這個學者住在楚王國的首都的北邊的城郊。

 

有一天,楚王國的國王來找他,楚王國的國王對這個學者說。

我願意給你很高的薪水,我想要聘請你到楚王國的中央政府內擔任我的高級幕僚。

 

這個學者回答。

我已經結婚了,我的妻子是一個家庭主婦。

因為這是一個會改變我們生活的很重大的決定,因此我想找她商量一下。

 

楚王國的國王說。

我認同你的作法。你先跟你的妻子商量一下。

 

這個學者對他的妻子說。

楚王國的國王來找我,他希望我擔任他的高級幕僚。

如果我成為他的高級幕僚後,我就會有擁有漂亮的馬車與很多的僕人,我們每天都可以吃很多昂貴的食物,我們會變很有錢。

你認為我應該接受這個職位嗎?

 

他的妻子很冷靜地看著他。他的妻子對他說。

我們現在的生活過得很安定,我們每天吃簡單的食物,你每天編織草鞋然後拿去市場販售,我們可以自己養活自己。

我們雖然沒有很多錢,但我們每天都感覺到很安心。

 

如果你接受這職位後,我們的確可以擁有比現在更好更多的物質享受,但是你認為你還可以每天安心的生活嗎?你還可以每天感覺自在嗎?

 

你仔細考慮一下,如果你問我的意見,我會說我我認為你不應該接受這個職位。但我尊重你的選擇,不管你最後做出甚麼決定,我都會支持你。

 

這個學者沉默了幾分鐘後,他笑著對他的妻子說。

我考慮清楚了,我決定拒絕國王的聘任。

 

這句成語的意思我的妻子是一個家庭主婦。

這句成語被用來形容自己的妻子。

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你在面對生活中的重大抉擇時,你會找誰商量呢?你如何是他,你會做出何種決定呢?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為韓詩外傳-9

https://ctext.org/han-shi-wai-zhuan/juan-jiu/zh

 

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...