11/02/2023

Sun Bao (孫寶/子嚴)

 

Sun Bao (孫寶)(AD?-AD?)

 

His surname is (Sun), his parents gave him the name (Bao), and when he grew up his friends called him (Ziyan). He was born in Henan Province, China.

 

It means grandson.. It is also one of the Chinese surnames.

It generally refers to all precious things. It is also a Chinese surname.

It means a child. It is also one of the Chinese surnames.

It means severe. It means serious. It is also one of the Chinese surnames.

 

 

He was a famous minister in the Western Han Dynasty of China.

There is a story about him in history books.

 

He studied very seriously and did in-depth research on some ancient Chinese classics.

He entered the work of the central government where he served as a minor official.

The name of the deputy prime minister at that time was Zhang Zhong, and Zhang Zhong was his direct commander.

 

One day Zhang Zhong said to him

I think you are very knowledgeable, and I would like to ask you to be my child's teacher.

To make it easier for you to teach, you can move into my house and I will prepare a room for you.

 

He thought for a few days before answering.

I refuse your offer. I am not willing to move into your house and teach your children to read.

Zhang Zhong did not force him.

 

 

A few months later, Zhang Zhong said to him one day.

My confidential secretary has resigned and I cannot find a suitable person to replace her.

Can you take over this position?

If you accept this position, you will move into my house and I will prepare a room for you so that you can help me at any time.

 

He thought for a few days before replying.

I'm happy to accept your arrangement.

 

After serving as Zhang Zhong's confidential secretary for several months, Zhang Zhong asked him one day.

I'm very confused why you didn't agree to be my son's teacher, but you agreed to be my confidential secretary.

According to common sense, the status of a teacher is higher than that of a confidential secretary.

 

he replied.

According to etiquette, a student should go to the teacher's house to learn knowledge from the teacher, to show respect to the teacher.

Because you want me to live in your home, I think your arrangement is not etiquette, so I refuse your request.

 

In ordinary people's minds, the position of a confidential secretary is not high, and the work is mostly transactional. Therefore, many people who think they are very talented are not willing to do this job.

But I don't think so. I am very grateful that you trust me and are willing to let me do this job. My colleagues also think I can do this job well, so I am very happy to accept this position.

 

And with my current age and qualifications, I think I should accept a job in any position.

 

After listening to him, Zhang Zhong thought he was a person who could clearly distinguish between right and wrong, and who was very principled. A few months later, Zhang Zhong recommended him to the king for an important position.

 

 

Dear friend, what inspirations or thoughts do you have after listening to this story?

What are your principles for doing things? Do you refuse to do lowly jobs because you think you are very talented?

I hope this story can give you some new insights.

 



                                                        出處為百度百科



 

孫寶(Sun Bao )(西元?-西元?)

 

他的姓是(),他的父母給他取的名字是(),長大後朋友稱呼他的名字是(子嚴),他出生地位於在中國的河南省。

 

意思是孫子的意思。也是中國人的姓氏之一。

泛指所有珍貴的東西的意思。也是中國人的姓氏之一。

意思是小孩子的意思。也是中國人的姓氏之一。

意思是嚴峻的意思。意思是嚴重的意思。也是中國人的姓氏之一。

 

他是中國的西漢王朝的一位著名的大臣。

歷史書上記載過一個關於他的故事。

 

他很認真念書,他對於一些中國的古代的經典研究的很深入。

他進入了中央政府工作,他擔任一個小官員。

當時的副宰相的名字叫做張忠,張忠是他的直屬長官。

 

有一天張忠對他說。

我認為你很有學問,我想要請你當我的小孩的老師。

為了方便你教學,你直接搬進我家,我會整理一個房間給你。

 

他思考了幾天後回答。

我拒絕你的提議,我不願意搬到你家教你的小孩讀書。

張忠沒有勉強他。

 

 

過了幾個月,有一天張忠對他說。

我的機要秘書離職了,我目前找不到合適的人接任。

你可以接替這個職位嗎?

如果你接受了這個職位,為了方便你隨時協助我,你要搬到我家,我會整理一個房間給你。

 

他思考了幾天後回答。

我很樂意接受你的安排。

 

他擔任張忠的機要秘書幾個月後,有一天張忠問他。

我很疑惑,你為何不答應擔任我的兒子的老師,你反而願意答應成為我的機要秘書。

按照常理來說,老師的地位比機要秘書更高。

 

他回答。

依照禮儀規定,一個學生應該要到老師住的地方去跟老師學習知識已表示對老師的尊重。

因為你希望我住在你家,我認為你的安排不合禮儀,所以我拒絕的你的請求。

 

按照一般人的想法,機要秘書的這個職位不高,而且工作內容多半是些事務性的工作。所以很多覺得自己很有才能的人都不願意做這個工作。

但我不這樣想,我很感謝你信任我,願意讓我做這一個工作,我的同事們也認為我可以把這個工作做好,所以我很開心地接受這個職務。

 

而且以我現在的年紀與資歷,我認為我應該接受任何職位的工作。

 

張忠聽完他說的話後,張忠認為他是一個可以很有可以清楚明辨是非而且很有原則的人,張忠幾個月後向國王推薦他去擔任一個重要的職位。

 

 

親愛的朋友,你聽完這個故事有怎樣的啟發或有怎樣的想法呢。

你做人做事的原則是什麼呢?你會因為覺得自已很有才能所以拒絕做一些低階的工作嗎?

我期待這故事能讓你產生一些新的收穫。

 

出處為漢書-77

https://zh.wikisource.org/wiki/%E6%BC%A2%E6%9B%B8/%E5%8D%B7077

精選文章

    I should take advantage of today and drink as much as I can until I get drunk.( 今朝有酒今朝醉 )   In the Yuan Dynasty in China, there wa...